This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

GAA 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dk.lfc, Jan 25, 2019.

1. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Bit of handbags in the crowd too. Seen a few people record it so should be on the twitter soon.

2. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Stumbled on the last 20 mins of it without knowing it was on, very enjoyable

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Still in the pub?

4. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Haha no. Got the tv to myself for half an hour and didn't get past rte2 when I started flicking

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Was the game on rte?
    Ffs, I was watching it on eir with no sound. :mad:

6. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. You missed out on Ger Canning

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

It’s only a bit to week 3 and have seen almost as many good matches as there was in all of the Championship last summer.

Monaghan need to get back to winning ways tomorrow against Galway. Tyrone and Kerry away next

8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Not sure how it looked on tv but first half in Monaghan Galway was septic. Monaghan had two points going over and a massive gust of wind pushed them wide.

Shane Walsh for Galway the difference between the teams. Mansy for once with two or three scores he would get. Conditions didn’t help.

Cavan look to be a goner and going To be a battle avoid second spot.

9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Dublin need to beat mayo in a fortnight to have any chance of making the final.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

11. LIMLFC73

LIMLFC73
    Expand Collapse

Dublin and Kerry was an absolutely fantastic game! Sad really that them 2can’t meet again until the at least the all Ireland semi final which may not even happen! Should meet each other 2/3 times anyway

12. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

mushypea likes this.
  13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I think it's a bit like saying Celtic, Bayern Munich or Juventus financial power needs to be reigned in to stop them winning all the time.

Certain subjects I just can't take Ewan McKenna seriously on. He threw out some figures last week where he was talking about money all the counties get and Cork got more than Dublin. He came back about the new pitch however that is still money going to that country. Longford got a savage amount of money as well.

Outside of the money Dublin get from gaa, how can they be reigned in with it comes to sponsorship?

McKenna also seems to have a bee in his bonet about the Irish Rugby team. No lover of Rugby myself, however some of his commentary is laughable.

Seems any organisation that is doing well, McKenna's goal in life is to try and find ways to stop them being successful. Waiting for his articles in the run up to the World Cup about how New Zealand dominance must be stoppped.

Looking at Kerry so far this year, I think they could push Dublin. A couple of big hitters have not featured and if any team will want to stop the 5 in a row, it's them. If Dublin happen to go two years without an All Ireland, McKenna will be sickended as he wont get to write about them as much to wind all the dubs up.

Gerry likes this.
  14. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I love how Ewan MacKenna self titles himself as "One of the country's top sports journalists".

15. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

We scored 1 point from play Saturday night.....

And a grand total of 6 all game

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Between the two codes, Cork have played 5 league games so far.

Won 0 Drew 1 Lost 4 :rolleyes:

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Not true.
    Seen a suggestion the other day that the provincial championships should be played January to March/April and the league played in the summer and then the super 8's, think it's a great idea myself.

GaryMc likes this.
  18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

They need to move to some sort of really competitive league format that ends up in All Ireland final. Best teams going at it flat out all summer. 8*4 leagues. Promotion and relegation. All Ireland semis is top four in Div 1.

The Provincial Championship being the warm up act from Feb so you don’t lose those titles is a great idea. Maybe 1 back door chance.

19. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

It is a bit of a joke that the best games are happening now in division one. Teams not picking their best squads cos the prize on offer is not Sam.
    Dublin’s 1st game on the road to Sam is Wexford/Louth. A fair few Dublin clubs would beat both by 10 points. Ridiculous.

But if it ever goes to congress it will be voted down as it would be turkeys voting for Christmas.

If we were playing the dross we play in Leinster in the middle of January don’t think I’d bother going to the winter games any more as they are just not competitive and it freezing cold. The div 1 games are worth baring the cold for. 6 out of the 7 matches are usually decent.

SUPERFAN likes this.
  20. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

3/4 away games in the league in the summer would be quality, imagine that Kerry/dublin game on a Sunday afternoon in June or July, Savage.

diceyreilly likes this.