This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

GAA 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dk.lfc, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

That is an unfortunate clash. The 2 matches from all the games on I'd actually watch next weekend

diceyreilly likes this.
  2. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Minor Leinster champions

You can't beat the youth - I know its a big jump from minor and u21 to senior and not many actually make it but its a good sign for the years ahead for us I hope.

3. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I have to say I enjoy watching Mayo. The keep surprising you and you just can't write them off.

Have to say I'm looking forward to the game next week. Pity I'll be in Croker.

Cork footballers have improved so will give Dublin something to think about as their forwards are catching fire a bit.

4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

big ask for mayo to go to to Kerry next week having played the last 3 weekends on the trot, Kerry will be out for revenge after the league final. should be a belter.

5. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

About to leave now for Portlaoise to watch the Dubs. Will catch the arse of the curtain raiser.
    Hopefully goes to penos and I’ll see a bit of history being made.

Stevie S likes this.
  6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Sloppy and scrappy at times but two teams of equal quality making it a cracking contest in Portlaoise. Hard to call it.

dk.lfc likes this.
  7. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

#427 SUPERFAN, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  8. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Laois were very good and hounded Dublin in packs today. Dublin rarely had a shot without pressure on them. The Laois shot selection was far better. Dublin must have had close to 20 wides. Laois goalkeeper made some great saves and scored 2 monster frees. Have to say Dublin looked complacent and were waiting for things to happen. They didn’t show the same hunger as they did against Galway.

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I only came in here to read that Dublin lost in the hurling today because of money, I'm delighted I wasn't disappointed.

Liverpool-law, Stevie S and babbsnads like this.
  10. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Great result for Meath today, massive to be getting into the Super 8's to help the team's development. Legged it after the game and didn't stay for the hurling, seems I missed a cracker.

Stevie S likes this.
  11. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Be interesting to see the attendances at Croker this weekend both days. Would it not have made more sense to have both of Corks games as a double header I'm wondering.

12. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The Cork fans rarely support the footballers in the same numbers as the Hurlers but its alot asking fans to go both days. Unfortunately thats the way the GAA fixture plan works. They would be fearful of Croke Pk having enough capacity if they threw the Dubs into the mix.

Some cracking games this weekend. Really looking forward to Mayo vs Kerry and Cork vs Kilkenny

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Horan definitely would not want to upset the Dubs. Instead ask another county to travel 150 miles both days or pay a fortune to stay overnight. If it was the Dublin footballers and hurlers, no doubt a double header would have been organized. The fixture plan would have been thrown the window. Definitely will be interesting to see the Dubs attendance tomorrow night, it’s probably good that Cork have been going reasonably well as tight encounter will entice more people to go. Should be played in Parnell Park though :D:D

LFCRebel likes this.
  14. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

It'll never happen but 100% should be in Parnell Gary

Cracking weekend of Gaa. Sunday is box office stuff both codes

GaryMc likes this.
  15. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Fixtures were set before Cork hulers qulaified for the 1/4’s

mushypea likes this.
  16. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Cork attendance for footballers a couple of years ago when they played Dublin in both was awful compared to the hurlers, surprising for a good dual county who tend to not do too bad in the football overall.

17. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Dublin would be more than happy to play it in Parnell park only thing is due to the capacity a lot of people would miss out so the gaa thinking logically decide to play in a bigger venue 5 mins up the road, its an awful shame on Dublin though very unfair we have to play 3 away games in the super 8s.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Just read only 30k turned up yesterday? That's a woeful attendance.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

In 2010 there was 17k in attendance for a double header when the footballers were in the qualifiers against tipp after meath had handed them their arse in Leinster, no mention of performance enhancing money back then btw. ;)
    can't remember who the hurlers were playing, now that was woeful. But by the time they got to the AI semi final the bandwagon was back in full swing. If next weekend wasn't a double header I reckon there'd be less than 30k in attendance

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

2010 was before the GAA had spent 18m on succesfully raising participation rates in Dublin. So with a mixture of the amount of new fans that has brought and Dublin footballers now being arguably the best team ever to have played the sport,30k has to be a worry for everybody involved and is a woeful attendance by any reasonable measure.