This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fsg

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by bobby benitez, May 16, 2012.

1. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

Its bizarre on Twitter, I cant understand it. Same people that would genuinely rather celebrate a new signing than a win/trophy. I have heard the phrase Transfer Junky been used to describe them.

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Just to be clear, that's not me by the way.

babbsnads likes this.
  3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Also just to be clear, no comment

4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

A lot of reports suggesting FSG only willing to sell minority shares and not a full sale.

personally I’d be more comfortable operating the way FSG have done in last few years (a few bad mistakes like ticket prices and trademark aside) than some faceless foreign investment fund from the Middle East. I’d say if Saudi or Qataris took over, my interest in going to game and investing time would be gone. I’d still have an interest but not to the same extent. I’d like to say it would be a stand for human rights etc however much simpler than that. For me PSG, City and now Newcastle are cheating the system. Their achievements to me are tainted, Similar to the Juve teams who found to be cheating in the 90s

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  5. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

For me it would be definitely the human rights/dodgy money side of it more than the "cheating" element. I might have been more for that argument 20 years ago but when you already have 4 out of 20 teams who seem to be able to just spend endless money in United, Citeh, Chelsea and Newcastle, it's more a case of evening up the playing field on that front. Whatever about the miracle of Leicester winning it before, the more teams with bottomless pockets, the less chance they will ever all have an "off" season at the same time again and less chance of any team without big money winning it again. Having said all that, Arsenal are looking good for this season for the moment, rather them than either of the Mancs or Newcastle for me anyway.

6. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

With news circulating now that Jim Radcliffe is interested in at the least starting a process with the Glaziers that would at some point result in a firm offer - and this you have to think will force any other interested partys into the light.
    Once that ball starts to roll the Glaziers will take their 6billion pure profit and ride off laughing into the sunset, and you can be absolutely sure that if a Saudi / Qatari / any other oil rich bid outstrips a bid from a British peer who is also a Utd fan - Manchester utd will become middle eastern owned.

Newcastle are just starting their journey down the road City traveled beginning in 2008 (Robinho, Shaun Wright Phillips, Jo - anyone) but I have no doubt in a couple of years they too will be buying 3 right backs until they get one they like.

Manchester City need no explanation

Chelsea are buying anyone linked with anyone in the daily mail and giving them 8 year deals to use amortization (have I got the right word/process?) to get around FFP - which honestly at this point seems like something only 3rd division sides in administration are even slightly concerned with.

You have to wonder what kind of a future FSG sees in PL football when/if there is potentially 4 clubs that are operating on a much different level to you. An investor now seems like the option of choice, but what kind of return can they expect if Liverpool drops from perennial challengers for everything to occasional cup challengers and fighting tooth and nail to make CL spots because the above 4 clubs can buy and pay players until they get it right.

Often wondered if Klopp (and by extension staff and players) have given FSG false expectations about what SHOULD be possible in the make your own cash to buy players model. What they (Klopp et al) have achieved the past 4/5 years is nothing short of remarkable but surely FSG cannot expect that model to be sustainable over a long period - then again maybe the master plan is ride team till it drops, get a big investor, give Klopp 250million to reseed his team and sit back and watch for another 5 years

Ive already started to come around to the idea that in the not too distant future, watching Liverpool will be more of a "watch and enjoy a game in isolation" rather than watching a game and thinking about the ramifications the game has in the wider spectrum

red2005 and IrishCan like this.
  7. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

James Pearce
    @JamesPearceLFC

·
    6h

#LFC aren’t on the brink of being taken over by a Qatari consortium or anyone else. Search for new investment is ongoing. For now, Klopp has to find solutions to problems from within and this was a promising first step. Bajcetic and Keita led the way

FSG increasingly likely to sell just a minority stake in Liverpool rather than sanction a full sale, but nothing is imminent. US banks Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are continuing to sound out interest

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Not sure that adds up with the Cork fellas information :D

cantish, padski08, babbsnads and 4 others like this.
  9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Don't tell me he's another victim of a fake Sheikh? I bet it's FSG trying to discredit him. They set up the dinner meeting to feed him false information and damage his credibility. In hindsight,having to pay for his own Supermacs should have set alarm bells ringing.

GaryMc likes this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He's taking it well though :)

11. liamo3

liamo3
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

If FSG staying it means half of these fucking twitter gobshites fuck off I'll be rolling out the red carpet for them to stay!

Shane_90, Colm75 and GaryMc like this.
  12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I'm fairly sure Corbally is in Linerick so let's not do Cork a massive disservice here :)

Liverpool-law likes this.
  13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like the type that does a lot of his own "research ".

babbsnads likes this.
  14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I know it's hard to do at times but if people just ignored them they'd go away very quickly, they just love the attention.

15. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

I've always said this
    Anybody with an unpopular opinion gets slaughtered. They also get spoke about and their videos shared around. It's still publicity for them and they've achieved what they set out to achieve. The Internet has provided a platform for all these weirdos to take full advantage in the most annoying way.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I hadn't seen any of his tweets for a long time. I'm certain I had him muted but for whatever reason some of his tweets started popping up again,and yeah, he's a bit of a loon. I remember he used to tweet about how the US government were hiding the existence of aliens and flying saucers. And he genuinely believes he's influencing the owners decision making with his tweets. He's off his rocker. He's up there with the other Irish lad with the YouTube channel taking credit for us signing Bellingham,and where do you even start with that:)

17. werdna316

werdna316
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like 3 quarters of the people on Twitter

18. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

19. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

20. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

Operating costs gone up by 40% in 5 years. Sounds like a ticket price increase will be on the way.
    On a positive note, the money spent on player wages should drop hugely next year considering they won’t be getting any performance based bonuses this season and most of the bomb squad will be cleared out.
    Nike kit deal seems to be a winner too. They did well to win that court case against NB. Big difference in the size of the supply and distribution chain.