This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fsg

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by bobby benitez, May 16, 2012.

1. Gareth Ryan

Gareth Ryan
    Expand Collapse

Think the biggest deal is yet to come. Talk that they are looking to go to Nike or Adidas at the end of the season as the contract with New Balance expires and there is no talks or rumors that a new deal is going to be signed with them

NoName7 likes this.
  2. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

redabbey likes this.
  3. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

4. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Lionel wont like that post
    @redabbey gets vexed if a sale is mentioned :)

LFCRebel likes this.
  5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Sources??Sources???Sources????? :)

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

On the contrary have said previously that JWH might want to exit from his shareholding in FSG.

As far as I am aware the 'New York Post' is not exactly the most respected newspaper and would be seen as a tabloid. Will be interesting to see if the story will develop further.

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there's anything of substance in the article at all myself but it doesn't say that JH is interested in selling his stake in FSG, it says that FSG are looking to sell LIverpool.

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

redabbey likes this.
  9. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'd almost forgotten about these FSG lads... :)

LFCRebel likes this.
  10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The 'FSG Out' Brigade have fallen silent - Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool is the culmination of owners' work

The abuse on social media used to be constant.

Write anything vaguely positive about Liverpool Football Club's owners and you would get accused of taking backhanders from Boston.

One particularly irate fan used to bombard the ECHO with one particular image from Brokeback Mountain. The faces of Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger had been replaced by John W Henry's and my own.

If you weren't advocating a change of ownership then you didn't want what was best for Liverpool apparently.

It was ridiculous and, predictably, in recent months the FSG Out Brigade have gone very quiet.

In fact they must be in hibernation with the 'Liverpool are hamstrung without Zeljko Buvac crew' and the 'John Achterberg can't coach goalkeepers unit'.

With eight straight league wins and a six-point lead at the top of the Premier League table, it's difficult to find anything to moan about at Anfield right now.

Even Jordan Henderson's critics were put back in their box after his dominant performance against Newcastle on Boxing Day.

This hasn't happened by chance. Liverpool 's current place at the summit of English football isn't a freak occurrence.

For FSG, this is the result of years spent laying the foundations since they completed their £300million takeover of the Reds in October 2010.

“We’re here to win and we’ll do whatever is necessary,” said Henry when he first emerged from the London offices of law firm Slaughter & May as Liverpool's principal owner.

A sense of impatience among the fanbase has been understandable at times over the past eight years. There have been false dawns and some agonising near misses.

Mistakes have been made along the way and FSG have had to change their approach. The transfer strategy has shifted from investing in potential to buying proven talent.

Many FSG dissenters will tell you that all they ever wanted was for Liverpool to spend big in the transfer market and that they have been proved right with the impact of signings like Virgil van Dijk, Alisson Becker, Naby Keita and Fabinho.

But that ignores the fact that to get to that position FSG had to put the Reds in a financial position where they could actually afford to compete for the biggest names. The club also needed an elite manager with the pulling power to attract the best.

It's not rocket science. The owners inherited an absolute mess and needed time to turn things around.

FSG made it clear from the off that Liverpool would have to live within its means and it would be a case of building up the club rather than simply throwing cash at it.

The Reds' total annual revenues virtually doubled from £184million in 2011 to £364million for the financial year to May 2017. Hefty losses have been turned into healthy profits.

When the next set of accounts come out in March the picture will be even brighter. The previous set of figures covered a season without European football.

Since then Liverpool have reached the Champions League final and cemented their place among Europe's elite by qualifying for the knockout stages once again.

They have also taken giant strides forward commercially with a host of new sponsorship deals across the globe.

Matchday revenues have been bolstered by Anfield's impressive new Main Stand – part of a £200million investment in the club's infrastructure which is continuing with the building of the new training ground at Kirkby.

But arguably their biggest achievement to date was appointing a world-class manager in Jurgen Klopp , who has proved to be the perfect fit and has galvanised the dressing room and the fanbase alike.

FSG have backed him to the hilt and delivered Klopp's top targets. They have put in place a structure that works with Klopp valuing the input of two shrewd operators in sporting director Michael Edwards and FSG president Mike Gordon.

Liverpool have bought well and sold even better. When you consider the quality of the squad now to the one Klopp inherited, it's remarkable that his net spend is only £126million.

The table-topping Reds boast the third youngest starting XI in the Premier League and have all their key personnel on long-term contracts.

No wonder FSG recently dismissed talk about them preparing to sell Liverpool for £1.5billion as “unfounded speculation”.
    [​IMG]

Yes, buying the Reds has been a fantastic investment for them. But if they were only concerned with making a quick buck they would have cashed in their chips long ago.

Glory was always the target and everything is now in place to achieve exactly that.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...m_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I wish they'd held off on the gloating until we won something! Only a Muppet can't see how good our owners are and hitting back at them like this makes the journalist look a tad childish too.

12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Veey strange alright, what's to gain by writing this now? Looking like I told you so piece if anything. Going on about Hendos critics being put back in their box after the Newcastle game is extremely childish as mentioned above.

edcarroll02 likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be fair if any of us had to take half the shite he does for pointing out the obvious,we'd be far less restrained,well I know I would anyway and we don't have to win anything for the FSG out crew to be wrong because nobody can deny they've put us in a position to challenge for the top prizes.Thats all they can do. I'm glad he's reminding some of these pricks that they were being pricks and before anybody dives in,I'm not talking about people who were merely questioning the owners approach,I'm talking about the ones who were being pricks,who always knew better and consistently moved the goalposts when they got shown up. I'm happy for that article to annoy a few of the wrong people because it will annoy all of the right ones.

Ron1892 likes this.
  14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've made this point many times before here but the idiots that have truly campaigned against our owners shouldn't see anything differently now than they did for the last few seasons. All they've done is continue on the same path, reinvested everything generated by the club back in, they still haven't started pumping their own money in or whatever nonsense it was these people wanted.

I think the whole article is childish, premature but like you've said probably borne out of the journalists own frustration with the grief he's getting but he's opened up a dangerous path now. We're top of the table, great, Henderson had a good game recently (bizarre reaction). What happens iif we lose the next two or three and Henderson has two bad games?

I get the owners are perfect for us, I see that they've constantly strived to get whatever structures in place they could to make us competitive against better resourced opposition's. The people giving him sh*t don't care and he's lost his moral high ground by reacting like this. If it culminates in a league win then fire on ahead, that's proof that nobody can deny but right now is just poorly timed in my opinion Mick but it must have felt therapeutic for him writing it at least.

As an aside Spuds are 1-3 down at home to Wolves, it's on!

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

To be honest I think this piece will be forgotten by most very quickly. Round about the same time as this image was appearing frequently there was also the familiar line when anyone wrote anything positive about Liverpool, they were said to be taking it up the ass. At this time the anti FSG movement always sought to see negatives in every way that the club were run.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="edcarroll02, post: right now is just poorly timed in my opinion

[/QUOTE]
    And if he writes that after we win the league(If we do) he gets hit with 'we've just won the league and you're having a dig at Liverpool fans,sad cunt' ,so when is the right time? No matter when he writes that he'll get criticised for it and I'll be honest,it sticks in my craw a bit that fuckers who've spent the last however many years negatively pulling against the club get to ride the same wave as those who were patient,supportive or at least tried to see the bigger picture. Timing is fine imo but we'll agree to disagree mate.

17. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Just had a look at his account and sure enough,he's using the "we're top of the league and people would rather have a go at me than enjoy it" card,they're as predictable as they are stupid these fuckers. A bit of a Trump fan too.

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Credit where it's due:
    • we have an excellent manager
    • we have a team that's now competing (albeit, it's not quite the finished product yet)
    • we have a bigger stadium
    So, I'm happy to say that the owners have proven a bit better than I previously thought they might.

If there was something that I think should probably also go on the list above in terms of the positives, it's the fact that they don't blow hot wind quite as often as they did in times past.

I still don't think there's a reasonable balance between what the owners have got and what the fans have got since FSG arrived, but things have certainly improved over the last 18 months, so again it's positive, and hopefully a sign of the owners having realised that this must be a partnership of sorts between themselves and the fans, it can't just be all for the owners.

If we do manage to win the league this year, I'll be absolutely delighted, but I don't think that should be the deciding factor on whether we have good owners or not.

20. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

@Garrett it should also be noted that the new training ground is under construction.

Garrett likes this.