This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fsg

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by bobby benitez, May 16, 2012.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

All great analysis from the lads as always, thanks for posting Lionel. I did notice in the midst of it that it does appear likely that the previous years wages figures did in fact include a payoff of 16 million to Rodgers. The jump at the time seemed impossible to rationalise but would make perfect sense if this is true about Rodgers.

FSG are going nowhere in the short term, premier league is becoming a very profitable business having for years being seen as a capital investment.

As the lads have pointed out and we have discussed many times recently the sums of money for achieving top 4 are quire incredible, we have a good chance of that again thus year so we must ensure that we give ourselves every chance of not needing an away result against Chelsea in our second last game.

2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Anyone care to speculate as to what the club is now worth ? :)

3. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

short term no, I don’t think so, I think they would consider a ridiculous offer though! Not many buyers ready to do that! I think Lfc, city and Chelsea were picked up fairly cheaply in the scheme of things!

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Distressed assets are always available at a cheaper price initially but the amount of work that is required in getting them on track is significant and only a few oragnaisations in the world would be prepared to do that on the scale of the risk that FSG took with Liverpool. They could not at the time have possibly imagined the exponential growth that the PL was going to go through in terms of the TV revenue but they knew that there was definitely room to grow the commercial side of things especially with their contacts in the US.

That we got the amazing owners we did and not some absolute spoofers like Ashley at Newcastle was just down to the great work done at the time by Broughton and the rest of that team. Are they here forever, probably not, but they have shown that everything they go about has a long term structure and I look forward to at least another 5 years of growth under them and hope that we can start to see the fruits of all of the off the field growth with trophies soon.

kerryred68, kopdub and Mico like this.
  5. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Here here, I’ll drink to that

6. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

£1.2-1.5B

Garrett likes this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

The way things are going, I'd say it's got be in the upper half of that range mate. Not to say it will definitely remain there, but right here and now, I'd think £1.4bn is achievable.

"Amazing", seriously ?

Whatever about saying they are good or bad, amazing seems very generous, Ed. What's put them up on such a high pedestal for you, as I don't recall them doing too many things that could elevate them to those dizzy heights in all honesty (and I'm trying to put aside my own personal views for a moment, as I ask this question btw) ?

Funny, if you'd asked me a few years ago, I think I would have said that I expected them to fix LFC, then sell it on... the LeBron transaction for example, got me thinking that they were open to selling parts or all, once they were getting a good return on their investment.

While I still think they would sell, if really attractive offer came in, I've changed my thinking and now concluded that they probably want to retain LFC for the long term, much like they appear to be keeping the Red Sox for the long term. That said, they are businessmen first so if the right offer does come in, either the baseball or football clubs, or even both, could be sold.

#2847 Garrett, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

In no particular order the reasons that I think they are amazing owners are as follows:
    • Saved the club from the brink of bankruptcy
    • Removed massive debt from the club
    • Hired one of the best managers in world football on a very long term and lucrative deal
    • Invested ever penny generated in the club back into the team
    • Increased the capacity at Anfield massively and are looking to revamp the entire training facility
    • Brought the club back to the Top 4 in the most challenging environment that the premier league has ever seen
    • Signs that the investment in playing personnel is getting into much higher levels
    • Turned LFC into a very stable long term business (this is important in relation to the first point)
    As much as an owner can be amazing I think FSG fit the bill, I honestly think they have been excellent custodians for our unique club with very few slip ups along the way.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I personally agree with all this , but it’s trophies id like to see been their legacy

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely, they can't make it happen though! They can only put the right framework in place to try and get us the best opportunity to win things and I think they've done that!

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

True enough

12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

John has confirmed he is attending the final. The recent service should cover red sox one for this trip. Also mentioned more cash will be spent this summer.

13. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Is he in The ballot :)

Niall likes this.
  14. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Priority Rights Holder sale I believe :D:D

15. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

More cash be spent again..get repetitive that saying every summer..spend money sell best players ;).. glad can turn up for this unlike Kenny's stand revealing ;).. sorry had blow off cobwebs,I'll go into hiding now again

Garrett likes this.
  16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

John used the f-word in the press conference. f*******e

Any spares?

17. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Don't be stealing Garretts job no mate :)

Garrett, Irishkop96 and redabbey like this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

:D

kerryred68 and Irishkop96 like this.
  19. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dr. Tom Markham's has published his valuations for football clubs based on his very unique formula.

6: Liverpool £1,129 million (2016 £626 million)

It might upset Reds’ fans to see their club sixth, but remember the owners only paid £300 million for the club a few years ago. The club’s value increased by over £500 million in 2017 & expect to see another big jump in 2018 due to the Coutinho sale and CL success.

[​IMG]

http://priceoffootball.com/premier-league-club-values-2017/

kerryred68 likes this.
  20. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Is the sole reason Spurs are valued more because of previous Champions league qualifications?