This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fixtures 18/19

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by GaryMc, Jun 10, 2018.

  1. Phil!

    Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    Messages:
    5,339
    Likes Received:
    171
    Home leg the 19th Feb.

    Away leg the 13th March.
     
    liverpool4life and xRedmanLFCx like this.
  2. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    He's back for the second leg which is away from home which is the main thing.
     
    aquaman likes this.
  3. Happy Wednesdays

    Happy Wednesdays
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2017
    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    25
    Away leg is sandwiched between a home game against Burnley and an away game against Fulham which is as kind as we could have asked for
     
  4. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    The LFC Twitter:
    Two @premierleague fixtures in February have been rescheduled for TV.

    West Ham away, Monday 8pm, 4th Feb.

    Should either club be participating in an FA Cup fourth-round replay, West Ham v Liverpool will be played at 12pm GMT on Sunday February 3 and be shown live on Sky Sports.

    Man Utd away, Sunday February 24 at 2.05pm.

    Seems to mean neither Bournemouth or Watford are televised. 3pm KO for Bournemouth. Watford midweek.
     
  5. RMG

    RMG
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2016
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    29
    Providing West Ham is on the Monday is that us done with Friday/Monday games after that?
     
  6. redabbey

    redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    23,327
    Likes Received:
    4,336
    or prior to an FA Cup 6th round match.
     
    Happy Wednesdays likes this.
  7. redabbey

    redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    23,327
    Likes Received:
    4,336
    No five is the maximum any team can feature in that slot.
     
  8. redabbey

    redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    23,327
    Likes Received:
    4,336
    With two matches not selected for television in the February matches. It means that the TV companies can pick Liverpool every weekend until the end of the season.

    Typical Sky strategy around the League Cup weekend, picking ties knowing that they will get to show them later in the season. Interesting strategy by BT Sport around the midweek picks. They might have to show two matches on the one night depending on the League cup finalists.
     
    xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  9. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    BT picked Man City v West Ham, and also Chelsea v Spurs. Two interesting games. But as you said, they are likely to have to show them both on Wednesday if City reach the league cup final.
     
  10. Stevie S

    Stevie S
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    Messages:
    3,454
    Likes Received:
    1,368
    What do you reckon about the possibility of them pissing Jurgen off with moving Burnley to the Sunday 10th before Munich away? I'd day he'd rightly go bananas so they won't move it. United v Arsenal will have to be the Sunday if Arsenal get to last 16. City v Watford has to be the Saturday 9th. Chelsea v Wolves has to be Sunday
     
  11. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    I think a team has only played on a Sunday before the CL once so far this season. That's 4 teams, 6 group matches, so of 24 matches, only one team has played on the previous Sunday in the PL (Man City, at home to Southampton and Shaktar, who they beat 6-0 and 6-1).
    They better not do it to us in March!
     
    prettyboylfc81 and Stevie S like this.
  12. redabbey

    redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    23,327
    Likes Received:
    4,336
    Excellent analysis but to be fair the initial television picks for September, October and November are done before the UEFA draw and enginerred to avoid clubs having to play two days prior to an unknown UEFA date (Spurs did have to have a game swopped to a night time fixture on a Saturday night) and then the later December picks are done with the UEFA CL draw known.

    I would not rule out a Sunday match prior to a CL tie. It happened for one Liverpool match last season in the knockout stages of the competition where Liverpool played Southampton away on a Sunday before playing Porto away on the Wednesday night. Positive results in both matches.

    In the April TV announcement last season both Everton and West Brom matches were picked for Sundays by Sky but both games had to be moved to Saturdays (still TV picks) because Liverpool had Tuesday matches following them in the CL.

    Not saying it will happen but it cannot be ruled out either. Of the five english teams who were in the knockout stages last season of the CL, there may have been Sunday matches for those teams other than Liverpool before CL ties but I have not checked.
     
    xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  13. prettyboylfc81

    prettyboylfc81
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2012
    Messages:
    100
    Likes Received:
    36
    I've speculated by booking two cheap flights for Saturday, 9th v Burnley so fingers crossed. 25th January is when next batch of TV matches to be announced.
     
  14. aquaman

    aquaman
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,360
    Likes Received:
    10
    Would anyone have an educated guess when spurs at home will be played? Sunday 4pm?
     
  15. KopHaney

    KopHaney
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    59
    Hope so, took a punt the other day sunday ryan manc rtn 10.25 back 10.00pm e52 3 of us !!
     
  16. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    It will be televised, so it can't be 3pm on a Saturday.
    We already played them at 12.30 on Saturday morning. I'm not sure if that has an effect, but I will take a guess it reduces our chance of playing the second game at that time.
    BT have only one game left of Liverpool at 5.30 on a Saturday, but I think they might pick this game for it at the end of March, so I will give it a 20% chance.

    It could also be a Monday night game, with no Champions League that week. I predict there's a 90% chance of Sky having a Monday night game, we have around a 20% chance of being shown in that.
    When I am ruling out it being on a Saturday at 12.30 or 3, it makes it most likely to be a Sunday, around a 60% chance. I am not sure which time on the Sunday, but since the first pic is 4pm, that will be my guess.
     
    #276 xRedmanLFCx, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  17. Garyoc97

    Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2017
    Messages:
    158
    Likes Received:
    48
    Is there anywhere you can see what 3pm games are being shown on Sky? Can’t seem to find them anywhere.
     
  18. Dave3

    Dave3
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    51
    Garyoc97 likes this.
  19. theoriginals_lfc

    theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2016
    Messages:
    669
    Likes Received:
    251
    Fuckin’ hell Einsten. Percentages being thrown about all over the gaff.
     
  20. xRedmanLFCx

    xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse
    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Likes Received:
    405
    A 90% chance is very likely, a 10% chance is very unlikely! ;) Numbers are more accurate than words for mathematical likely-hood predictions.
     

Share This Page