This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fixtures 17/18

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by lfc84, Jun 13, 2017.

1. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I cant see it being postponed when it is not clashing with another fixture that weekend.

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you any previous precedent of this happening? I can never remember a match being cancelled for a reason like that.

3. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

No Previous precedent I can think off but we are living in times of firsts this season. If sky decide they want to show a different MNF game I presume the match can still be played the Monday just not on TV? ( they wont be dictated into showing it). I just wouldn't rule out that under police advise the Saturday and cause of the Hillsborough anniversary Sunday the match been Postponed and Possibly played the 18th or different Mid week.

4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Everton's fixture last season against Leicester would have been played on the day of the Grand National if Leicester's Champions League match against Athletico Madrid was scheduled by UEFA for a Tuesday night, as it happened it was a Wednesday night.

I don't see policing as being as big an issue as it might have been in the past.

STEVE1978 likes this.
  5. Mark burke

Mark burke
    Expand Collapse

anyone know if stoke date is set yet as looking to book flights

6. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Probable/possible Champions League semi final second leg the following Tuesday so I wouldn't be jumping the gun!!

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If the announcement is today it will be after the stockmarket closes

NoName7 likes this.
  8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Was just thinking about the Crystal Palace v Liverpool fixture and a scenario I had not thought about before tonight. The obvious switch of this match would be from the Saturday to the Sunday but is there another possibility?

I'm not counting chickens yet. Liverpool are not in the hat for the next round (but they are). Would Crystal Palace v Liverpool become a Friday night match if Liverpool were drawn to play either Spurs or Chelsea (not in the hat either) in the last eight of the Champions League and the match was scheduled for Tuesday 3rd of April.

The BT Sport match for the Saturday evening of Everton v Man City has no mention of any possibility of it moving to any alternative slot.

9. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Are people expecting an announcement tomorrow regarding April? Is there any actual source to find out the specific day of the announcement ?

10. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

As a guideline, the equivalent announcement last year was at midday on Tuesday 28th February. However last season the first matches in April were right at the start of the month as the first day of the Month was Saturday, whereas this year Saturday the 6th is the 1st weekend.

11. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

OK thanks pal will just keep checking. Is it usually at midday on the day it's announced? At least I can make sure to be at a computer that time for the week?Will keep checking and hopefully organise some cheap travel for Bournemouth and west Brom.chanced the Monday night already with Bournemouth.

12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Times are all over the place. No consistency at all.

Pfoley likes this.
  13. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

Seems to be always a Thursday or Friday when they announce them the week they are meant to announced, or maybe I don’t see them till the Thursday or Friday haha.

14. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

All four of Liverpool's Premier League fixtures in April have been rescheduled for television coverage.

The Reds will begin that month's domestic commitments against Everton, with the 231st Merseyside derby now set to kick off at 2.15pm BST on Sunday April 8. The game at Goodison Park will be shown on Sky Sports.

AFC Bournemouth's visit to Anfield will start at 5.30pm BST on Saturday April 14 - with that match to be broadcast on BT Sport - while Liverpool's trip to West Bromwich Albion will kick off at 2.15pm BST on Sunday April 22 and be shown on Sky Sports.

Finally, Jürgen Klopp's team will round off their Premier League programme for the month against Stoke City at Anfield at 12.30pm BST on Saturday April 28, with Sky Sports again broadcasting the game.

The fixtures with Everton, West Brom and Stoke are subject to change again in the event of LFC's and other clubs' involvement in the Champions League.

15. lfc84

lfc84
    Expand Collapse

i could do with some clarification about that Stoke match !

on the premier league website it says

Saturday 28 April
    12:30 Liverpool v Stoke (Sky Sports)
    *subject to participation of PL Clubs in the UEFA Champions League the following Tuesday

i might be being thick here, but how does a potential game on tuesday mean this would change?
    surely the only thing it could change to would be friday night? or am i missing the point?

#315 lfc84, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  16. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Madness having the Bournemouth game the same time as the National.

wertyu and Happy Wednesdays like this.
  17. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I presume that if either Manchester club is playing Champions League on the Tuesday and we're not then our game would get moved into one of their slots. There are probably less obvious scenarios but that's the one that stands out.

18. KK1977

KK1977
    Expand Collapse

TV have slots that weekend that I'd expect them to want to fill, so everything still up in the air. For example, Tottenham are penciled in for the Monday night but that won't happen if Tottenham reach the Champions League semi finals. So, SKY, etc. are waiting to see what happens the Champions League progress before confirming the schedules.

19. lfc84

lfc84
    Expand Collapse

Ah, ok - if we get knocked out it could be another time !

I was thinking if we stay in why would it be moved !

20. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Both scenarios could apply.