This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fan Identification System

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by Dfitzpatrick, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool FC has introduced a new fan identification scheme, Fan Update, with the dual aim of making the process of buying tickets as fair as possible, while also making Anfield more secure for supporters by knowing who is in the ground at each game.

The introduction of Fan Update will ensure that all memberships are registered in the correct name of the account holder, with just one official membership registered per supporter. There will be a process to help supporters who currently have more than one official membership or season ticket to clarify who uses the tickets going forward.

Members who attended 13 or more Premier League home games last season will be first to complete the process before all other members and match-goers participate in the same process, including all season ticket holders and hospitality members.

From Monday October 14, the process can be completed via a specially-designed online system, which will take fans through the verification in a step-by-step process.

The Members who attended 13 or more games last season will need to confirm or amend their registered details in order to gain entrance to the stadium using tickets bought in the Members’ ticket sale in November.

Members will be contacted directly by email, SMS or post and given guidance on how to complete the identification process in the coming weeks, so supporters are urged to ensure their contact details are up to date. Season ticket holders and hospitality members will then be contacted later in the season to complete the same process.

Peter Moore, CEO of Liverpool FC, said: “The Fan Update process has been developed to do a number of things, but improving ticket sales distribution is paramount. We hope that Fan Update will provide fairer ticket allocation and availability, and ultimately make Anfield more accessible for our supporters.

“Fan Update will be rolled out across other sections of supporters in the near future. We’d like to thank all supporters for their participation and encourage these official Members to complete Fan Update as quickly as possible.”

For more information or enquiries, fans can contact our dedicated support team by calling 0151 264 2500 or visiting our Help Centre page to find out how to email us and other methods of getting in touch at https://faq.liverpoolfc.com.

Keith Byrne and Garyoc97 like this.
  2. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Interesting to see how this will work. If 50% of people in the ground using cards in their own name Id be shocked.

3. DaveyC

DaveyC
    Expand Collapse

This looks like its just to stop people having multiple memberships on fake names. I doubt it will stop people giving their cards to mates to use. I could be wrong

4. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

If its to stop people giving to mates or swapping there will be a lot of empty seats people wont give up the credit for the odd game they cant make and risk being back to nothing the following year.

Dean4ryan, DaveyC and Pfoley like this.
  5. walterwhite

walterwhite
    Expand Collapse

I doubt anything will change will they hire stewards to check everyones ID or picture going in the ground, or have image processing while entering on the security cameras?

I doubt it. I'd say its to combat people with multiple cards

6. .G.

.G.
    Expand Collapse

Had to use a travel agent to get tickets to a game last year, tickets were both kop season tickets obviously touted to the travel agent. Be interesting to see if that sort of stuff gets shut down. It should.

7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

We have to upload the information? Ie proof address and I'd?

8. DougieDo'ins

DougieDo'ins
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yea, looks that way alright

9. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Reading what Graeme Smith over on Rawk has to say and it sounds like the ultimate aim is to reward loyalty to the person attending the game rather than the person who's card is used which sounds fair enough.
    Still a little while off that happening I would imagine but hopefully verification will help cut down on the touting and the same person being in possession of multiple cards

10. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

But could they just not port their multiple cards into other mates or friendly names to get around it? Thats what it says in the FAQs

11. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Wonder on my wife's card, it's still on maiden name.hardly be an issue?

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

13. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Irishkop96 likes this.
  14. Keith Byrne

Keith Byrne
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like its the club taking action from a previous investigation into individuals with multiple memberships...

“To put you in the picture as fully as I possibly can without compromising any ongoing investigations, we are aware that we have what I would describe as touting crack houses in the area. On top of that, a Northern police force came across an individual with access to 270 of our accounts and there was a separate instance in which an individual was found with 500 envelopes containing Members’ cards at a city centre hotel. The individual involved has been banned.”

15. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

So what's people's advice on this?
    My card is my name so fine.
    My mates card is his name but my brother would use it more than him so change it to my brothers name?
    Should be good this as I'm sure tout agencies etc have dozens of cards in made up names,gonna cause them alot of hassle..

Honda likes this.
  16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think this is a good thing in short term for sure as will get rid of some of the travel touts ability to get a lot of Tickets. I can actually see their prices go up as they will resort to dealing with more regular touts than they already do.

Short term I don’t think this will affect us sharing cards etc however long term it’s going down the road of only card holder being able to access the stadium. I can see the case where you can swap your ticket to someone else online however that will mean if you don’t have a membership, you are not getting in.

Definitely a much fairer way of doing things long term as those attending get the credit , however will not suit a lot of us unfortunately and could result in people buying but not attending and a lot of empty seats in the stadium.

17. mallifornia red

mallifornia red
    Expand Collapse

A system that doesn’t force people to credit hunt is what’s needed. Can’t see too many people buying 19 home games if the are forced to leave 50% or more seats unused because of a face recognition/ ID system.

Maybe offer people on full credits a chance to nominate the games they are going to attend in 2 blocks when sales take place. Then either the member puts forward names to take remaining tickets or the club release them for availability to members on a sliding credit scale.

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i doubt that's what they have planned, i'd say it's more along the lines of what online betting companies do to stop people opening multiple accounts. at the moment, people can realistically apply for as many memberships as they want, just use a different name on each application, this will put a stop to people doing that.

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I do think Willie that they want to get a membership fee of everyone who comes through the stiles as part of the long term strategy. All those people that are buying multiple memberships at the moment suddenly can only get one, that’s lost revenue for them.

20. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

Interesting to see how this pans out