This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Everton v The Champions 17/10/2020

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by dk.lfc, Oct 15, 2020 at 1:13 PM.

1. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I'm still fuming after that game which is unusual for me, we got absolutely robbed by the officials there, full on trousers by the ankles robbed. The PL will never be the best in the world when they allow a man utd fan to officiate in var in that game, mental decesion by the FA. All pickford was short was the shouting hiiii yaaaa as he went for vvd, it was only reckless it was blatantly dangerous he should get a ban. It looks like we be without vvd and thiago for a while, the past few wks have been pure shit, we need to get positives back ASAP.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  2. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Read a match report on BBC and it said var did not review the vvd challenge?

3. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Apparently VAR was only looking at the Offside
    When u look at replay Ref has a great view of prickfords assault

4. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They confirmed it to the athletic. James retweeted it.

sligo fan likes this.
  5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Wtf. Like any job, people need to be held accountable.

Garrett likes this.
  6. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Well if VAR didnt look at it. An the ref hasnt noted it. Pickford can be done retrospectively.
    No good now thoufh

Garrett likes this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Saw someone says it’s better for him to keep playing than get banned as he is a Liabilty. He did have one unreal save from Matip today. One of the best I have seen this season.

Always been a bit of snide side to him, if VVD is out for the season, he will be public enemy No. 1, not just by LFC fans, football in general.

8. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

If VAR hadn’t have ruled out that goal I’d say his Everton career was as good as over...could he have come back from another injury time howler against us?

SUPERFAN likes this.
  9. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

The reports on virgil, I dont know...he walked around the pitch perimeter reasonably well. I think if ligaments are done theres no way you walk around like he did...I'd say (I HOPE!) it's just a sprain of the ligaments....any apoligies by the cnut prickford in the media??!

As already stated, it will be even more shocking now if prickford doesn't get a retrospective red, not that it's much good to us!

Shearer even said on MOTD that he couldn't understand sik
    "how VAR missed a blatant red by prickford but yet could rule mane offside by whatever fine margins they used"

With regards to the 'VAR' in the other games, werner got a goal when he handled the ball & Kyle Walker got away with a mid air kung fu tackle in the arsenal game!.....not to mention gomes getting away without a card for a head height foot tackle on Mane today? Especially given Mane was red carded against citeh 3years ago for similar!.....

#129 RedPaddy, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:03 AM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 12:11 AM
  10. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

David Coote was in charge of Var for our game against Utd last season in OT too when a clear foul on Origi wasn't given in the build up to their first goal. Supposedly he's a Utd fan.

Garrett likes this.
  11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

The VAR guy was sh1te, and the Ref only marginally better... I hope that both get some serious grief from their bosses, for how they performed.

The above said, we played well and that was important, given the recent humiliation that we suffered in the league.

Thiago was great and as for Salah's goal, for a guy that had been fairly quiet, it was top class and he produced it for us, when it mattered.

Despite a less than perfect start, we are in a decent position to try and retain the league,so let's just hope that VD, and maybe a couple of the others,aren't hurt and will be back playing for us again next game.

If we lose VD for a period, then I think we can forget retaining the league, as we don't have another CB anywhere near as good as him.

12. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of knee injuries especially in GAA and you easily walk away from the pitch but it’s the following few days where the swelling and pain dramatically increases. I’m praying it’s not cruciate

13. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

You're right mate in that we don't Have another CB anywhere near as good as VD, no one else in the league does either though. Its definitely significantly weakened us but don't write us off. We're the best team in the country by a distance and we're stronger in midfield and up top this year with Thiago and Jota.

Injuries like we've had definitely don't help but we can definitely still win the league. My main concern would be Gomez and Matip staying fit. If we can get away with using these two and Fabinho there until Christmas we'll probably need to buy a CB in January. We'll also need Alison back relatively soon and hope the Thiago injury isn't too bad.

After the way we played yesterday I'm sure if anyone manages to finish above us they win the league

thenewguy likes this.
  14. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

We can’t be going into Derby games expecting this type of dangerous tacking and hoping a player’s career isn’t ruined every time

15. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

I hope Thiago is okay too.

Swelling of the knee normally isn’t a short term injury

16. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

You can walk off the pitch and still have a ACL injury

vodkacolly likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'll spend the rest of the season hoping Pickford and Richarlison pick up serious injuries. Couldn't give a fuck what that makes me.

18. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

I would rather Pickford stayed fit as he is such a liability for them

Liverpool-law and mushypea like this.
  19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

That type of challenge should be automatic Red , I thought it was .

Seriously we’re going into Derby’s hoping players don’t get seriously injured .

20. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Its like the Everton players don't have skill levels to be aggressive as expected in a Derby to being down right wreckers. Like Allan was another man treading the line yesterday.