This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Emulators

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by legend24, Sep 12, 2016.

1. legend24

legend24
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone,
    Just wondering does anyone use Emulators for playing older gen games?? Eg the old amiga or spectrum,commodore 64 games? or even sega or snes games??
    Any links to where you can find these or the games to play them?

2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Anyone every build there own one on a console or a Raspberry Pi ? Seen some people selling ones on Facebook for a couple of hundred with all platforms from Playstationa 2 to Amiago.

Just wondering is it easy to do ?

4. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

New to this lark and want to play retro games on my Android box.
    Will use Retroarch app and can find emulators no problem but ROMS are a different issue.
    Google just brings up lots of pages of 'Do not discuss here' etc.
    Found a site called Retrostic but no idea if it's safe to be downloading from there.
    Torrent sites I'm on have ROM packs from 6 years ago.
    Are they ok?
    Or can someone pm if you have any other suggestions as it seems it's probably best not to discuss here.

5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

go to "www dot romnation dot net" you'll find what you need there. There's pop ups and ads as with all these sites, but nothing nasty in the file downloads which is the main thing.

"www dot emuparadise dot me" is another good one, you'll need to check both for certain games as they are on one and not the other etc.

Just be careful to make sure you're clicking to download the file and not some other big fancy advert DOWNLOAD button :)

Finally, if you trust your torrent sites and there's a good user base with decent comments and reviews etc you should be fine downloading the ROM packs from them. Finding seeds is another question so it might actually not download if there's no one actively seeding it.

Enjoy.

@vodkacolly

6. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Elvis.
    Romnation looks good.
    Emuparadise has a notice to say they don't have ROM links anymore. Found a lot of sites with that notice last night but came across one or two 'live' ones too.
    Grabbed some packs from a torrent site and loaded them today and they seem to work well.
    Have 2000 games covering 2 systems already. No doubt 90% of them are utter shite but it should keep Junior occupied for a while.

7. Trevinem

Trevinem
    Expand Collapse

I build these cabinets from time to time and have just finished this LFC one. Selling this unit which has all arcade, snes, nes and Megadrive games. Plugs straight into any TV. Anyone interested pop me a pm

Attached Files:

8. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Still have the one you sold me years ago and it’s still running . Massive machine.

9. Trevinem

Trevinem
    Expand Collapse

I remember it well Ron. That one had a full PC in it so the weight was massive lol.

There made with Raspberry pi computers now so it can sit in the palm of your hand