This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ebay/Paypal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by windhover, May 25, 2009.

1. windhover

windhover
    Expand Collapse

I am looking to purchase a Canon 500d on ebay and I found a UK dealer selling for a good price. The stuff looks ligit and he has 99%+ reviews.

I have purchased loads off ebay but never anything as expensive as this.
    questions
    1) Does anyone know am I liable to tax on purchase (UK electronic-dont think so)
    2) what protection do Paypal afford for such products? Cost E900

2. liverbird!!

liverbird!!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Should be ok on tax front mate,

And think Paypal cover upto €200 only. but i stand to be corrected.

3. zed

zed
    Expand Collapse

You can get the Canon 500d at Komplett.ie for €799 Link
    The 500d looks a nice camera alright...was checking it out there. Have a 450d myself and happy out with it at the moment anyway.

4. windhover

windhover
    Expand Collapse

5. zed

zed
    Expand Collapse

Ya thats fairly good. You get a fair few extras with it. I like that Telephoto Lens attachment...haven't seen that before. Think the Canon Rebel cameras are just the American equivalent of the Canons here...so don't think there is any difference except for the plug for the charger.

(Just incase your taking in the Liverpool match in Thailand over the summer the MBK centre in Bankok is very good for deals. You have to do a bit of haggling tho but its a lot cheaper than buying it here)

6. windhover

windhover
    Expand Collapse

No but heading in November. Heard the MBK is class alright but would be a bit nervous of buying my electronics in Thailand

7. MrsPepe

MrsPepe
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Was a bit sceptical myself but bough a camera and a dvd player over there, never had a bother with either. Bought them in a shop in a mall, wouldnt buy electronics from a stall though:)

8. zed

zed
    Expand Collapse

I bought a canon IXUS over there a while back and had no problems with it. The guarantee you get is off canon so I presume if anything went wrong you could still send it back to them. If your spending €700/800 it might be better to buy it here alright tho.
    As far as I can remember the top floor is the electronics section in the MBK Center. There are loads of different counters so you can just bargain away between them until you get the best price. They had a lot of new stuff that wasn't available in Europe when I was there. Enjoy your trip in November anyway.