This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Dreambox 500S

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by sobu74, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Took advice from Superfan and one or two others here and got Real Debrid ... excellent on Titanium TV (not quite as good on TeaTV, but that's not as good an app) !

SUPERFAN likes this.
  2. noodge74

noodge74
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I bought a 12 month IPTV subscription 6 months ago and although it has worked perfectly for me, the actual box, a used one which a friend gave to me (MAG 250) has died. I haven't been able to get hold of the supplier all weekend to ask, so hopefully someone here could answer...if I buy a newer model of box will the same line (I have the details written down) still work or are they box specific?

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

The line will work on the new box but only if you give your provider the Mac number of your new box, but if you can't get hold of your provider that will be a problem. You'll also have to go in to the settings on your new box and put in your provider's portal url. Once you do those 2 things you should be fine.
    Do you still have the box/packaging from your mag 250?
    If so you could buy a fire stick and clone the Mac number (it should be written on the packaging) and you wouldn't have to contact your provider, provided you know the portal url.
    Hope that makes sense?

noodge74 likes this.
  4. noodge74

noodge74
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I will get him sometime this week but I do have everything else you mentioned AND a Firestick but didn't realise it would work on it. Great news if I can get it sorted without having to buy a new box! Thanks.