This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Do You Like Your Job

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by babbsnads, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

That's actually the course that I did too, I was the first year they did so a we were a bit of a test group but it was a decent course. The great thing about HR is that it's fluid to what industry you work in. I work in Retail now but because of the type of work I do I could easily go to Tech company, Financial or Banking or anything really.

If there is ever anything I can help you with just drop me a PM on here and I can give you my email address and I'd be happy to help.

Skintown Red and LFCToohey like this.
  2. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Ye absolutely the options are great. Ye cool thanks very much mate.

3. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Feels like a Working From Home kinda day :cool:

4. RedRuairi

RedRuairi
    Expand Collapse

Do I love my job? - no but it pays well for a guy who's a spark by trade but in IT for the last 10yrs+. The money is the main motivating factor as it allows me to travel the world doing what I love - hiking, mountaineering etc.....(an expensive hobby). Would ideally like to work in the outdoor industry but it would be a huge drop in salary. Suppose I am a "Work to live" not "live to work" person. It's all about finding the correct work/life balance. My job could be worse but it could probably be a whole lot better too :)

(I see folks around the office who's sole purpose is to serve the customer, sometimes to the detriment of their own private lives - relationships breaking up while trying to chase that promotion, late nights, weekends etc........ - career chasers: Not for me, thanks - I'll do my job to the best of my ability but not interested in climbing the corporate ladder - IMO, there's a lot more to life)

Dub13 likes this.
  5. Con

Con
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lucky that I love my job. Moved over here almost 3 years ago and really enjoy it. I don't like every aspect of it but I never wake up in the morning not wanting to go to work.