This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Darwin Nunez

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Jun 14, 2022.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I think the header and shot were quite central and would have expected a good keeper to save both. The third one the keeper just gets a bit lucky but does spread himself well.

2. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Think Rush was the same at the start, Believe folks !!

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Couch as well.
    19 or 20 games he went without scoring.

4. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

In his last 4 starts at Anfield, the team have had 120 shots and scored 18 goals.

6. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Captain Chaos.

Commentary were saying he now holds the record woodwork hit in a game (4), and woodwork hit in a season (11). The previous record was 10, held by Van Persie.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Suarez must have been close the season before he scored a bag ful.

Tonight was surreal. He still got a great assist though. A truely mad footballer.

Skintown Red likes this.
  8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If he scores 4 in off the woodwork on Sunday, we'll forgive him. ;)

9. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Suarez, Kane and KDB are next on the list with 9 each.

10. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I think he's great, he's great entertainment. I'd almost go as far to say I love him. I'd rather see any other player leave than Darwin (I know that's mad, but it is what it is).

11. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

Felt sorry he didn't get a goal last night.

Although if Murdyk scores and they go to 2-1 that penalty miss could have been a lot more important.

Does great for the assist and his pressing has really improved. Hopefully he can get back in the goals on Sunday and keep up the momentum.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Bobby didn’t always have a great scoring record however Jurgen always saw that his general all round play was a massive benefit to the team.

LFC last eight home games shots
    26, 34, 29, 23, 34, 21, 29, 28

That is insane numbers and mainly down to the chaos with Darwin as he makes things happen.

Recently I have done a few bets within him to have over 2 shots on target in a game.
    It’s usually up on first 20 minutes. Unfortunately hitting the post or bar doesn’t count or id be going over 5 :D

Shane_90, padski08 and Fran74 like this.
  13. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I think the goals are going to explode out of him very soon

14. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Doubt for Sunday :(

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

We should score more goals now :)

GaryMc and Skintown Red like this.
  16. mighty magpie

mighty magpie
    Expand Collapse

lfc posted a video of him walking upstairs today before or after training. wearing a pair of slip ons and seemed fine.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We've had 4 defeats this season,and they all have 1 thing in common.

He didn’t start.

sligo fan likes this.
  18. eoinlfc92

eoinlfc92
    Expand Collapse

He’s such a key player, always the out ball and look a far better team with him in it. Great to see him score yesterday hopefully he can build on it, but I wouldn’t worry if not, he distracts enough defenders for others to get time and space, an absolute menace for defences

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Listening to a podcast where they were talking about how Arsenal need a prolific goalscorer at number 9, and it got me thinking about how often people have missed the big picture when looking for changes made to our team.

Criticism of Firmino was he didn't score enough for a number 9,but scoring wasn't his main job,linking the play and leading the counter press was.

Criticism of Trent was he wasn't good enough defensively,but defending wasn't his main job,being creative with the ball was.

Henderson,Milner,Wijnaldum weren't creative enough and didn't score enough,but that wasn't their main job,it was to facilitate our full backs doing most of the creating and our wingers scoring most of the goals.

And now we've similar criticism with Nunez. The term went away quickly because people weren't really comfortable with it, but we forget our owners came in with the theory that the principles of moneyball could apply to football. Different sports yes,but the principles are the same when applying moneyball, ie. find ways to squeeze as much as possible out of the finances available,and that often means going against what's seen as traditional. I don't think that's ever been fully grasped because no matter how good we've been or we are,doing things that aren't traditionally how you play or build a squad, someone will always look at the end result and say it would have been better if we'd -insert traditional football method here- instead.

Even the transfer business(or lack of) we did in the summer before we won the league is criticised. That's a squad that had a 97 point/CL winning season,then a 99 point league winning season, with the most consistent 38 game run in top flight history in between. With the resources available to Klopp, we'll look back on that period with disbelief,because it ain't happening again for us in our lifetimes. With so many moving parts,it's impossible for us know how doing anything differently in that period could have impacted on us negatively, yet there's people who were adamant we would never be succesful using less traditional methods,certain that we'd have been more succesful if we'd followed their advice. It's a strange kind of arrogance, that I suppose is partially understandable due to the fact another more resourced team were doing incredible things at the exact same time.

Which brings us back to Arsenal. I didn't think Arteta could build a side as good as they are now, but I don't think they're good enough to finish ahead of us or City if we're anywhere close to our best,or not ravaged by injuries.
    . Also they don't have a winger scoring at the rate traditionally associated with world class strikers like we do,so trying to find one who does, or turn a player into one who does,makes sense. But they should be careful, because a striker who scores at a prolificrate,but doesn't do some of the other stuff they're currently benefitting from,could turn out to be a net negative for their points total. And unlike City when they bought Haaland,they're not starting from a base of mid to high 90's with those points.

Slow morning in work:)

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I actually think both sides would be better if they swapped number 9s. I don't want to because Darwin is so much fun .