This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Danny Ings

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by carramagic, Jul 8, 2015.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He'll be absolutely devastated,I feel really sorry for the lad.Very few players are coming back from his type of luck to be the player they could/should of been.2 years with little or no football is a long time,and thats without knowing what long term effects the injuries could have and take off him at the other end.

2. Redpip

Redpip
    Expand Collapse
    A Red since 02/09/1978!

I'm sure that there are guys & staff at the club who have been through this sort of thing before so that will be of benefit to him getting support...I'll imagine he'll be down for a few weeks while in recovery until he can start physically moving about. So until then he will have to stick with social media with all the messages wishing him good luck on his road to recovery from fans & peers alike.

babbsnads likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

He's most likely done at this level, players like him and Flanagan that rely as much on effort as ability can't come back from such injuries.

Redpip and babbsnads like this.
  4. Redpip

Redpip
    Expand Collapse
    A Red since 02/09/1978!

That does ring true but like to think that he can overcome that & come back stronger than before so really don't want to write him off before the plaster around his knee is dry!

5. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

Why would I post something like just to try wind people.

The injury happened during the spurs game last week by all accounts

6. redtillidie

redtillidie
    Expand Collapse

Gutted for the lad just hope he can recover from it. He will be a miss come December and January. I think he might have got a bit of a run out with the congested fixture list.

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Everyone wants him to come back better but realistically we could all name 50 players who where never the same, including 2 Liverpool strikers with multiple times the ability this lad has. Finding players that came back even at the same level are few and far between.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely devastated for Ings, saw someone mention that things arent' too bad as he has loads of money, well I'm sorry but it's such a nonsense to believe that someone with plenty of money could ever be distraught over someting as meaningless as the sport that they have trained their entire life for. It is a good thing for Ings that he has the financial comfort of not having to worry about paying bills while he recovers but this is a sickening blow none the less.

As mentioned above I would be 90% certain that this second lay off all but guarantees that Ings never realises his full potential as a player. Too much time off the field in a very important time of his career.

Sib likes this.
  9. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe this utterly stunned. Really thought he'd do well when he eventually was 100% and got game time. Jesus the poor fella :(

10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I didn't say he wasn't gutted. I said I personally wouldn't mind being on gigantic wages getting the best care for an injury that should be resolved in 9 months, rather than a bog standard job. If he was injured like that working for say the council, or the ESB, he would be in a very tough spot. You just repeated what I said in fact "It is a good thing for Ings that he has the financial comfort of not having to worry about paying bills while he recovers".

So yeah, that.

11. Redpip

Redpip
    Expand Collapse
    A Red since 02/09/1978!

Apologies, but fair play as ya got in there before it became news!

12. Redpip

Redpip
    Expand Collapse
    A Red since 02/09/1978!

Sports sciences & medical advances on sport injuries along with the aftercare (rehab & physio) have really come on in the last 20 years so will be hoping that Danny will be back better than before if he really puts the shift in as ya only get out what you put in...

13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Terrible news,

Very sorry for the lad.....

I fear you may be right, don't particularly want you to be though :)

Good point about the science and medical advances, but I don't think it's as straight forward as him getting back what he puts into it... sadly, think there's more too it when the body's taken a couple of serious blows etc. Happy for you to prove me wrong over time on this one though :)

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Jaysis, only catching up on this now. Brutal with a capital B....

15. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Gutted for him. Hopefully he gets back for the end of the season like he did last year, but sounds unlikely. Horrible stuff.

16. liverdub2016

liverdub2016
    Expand Collapse

Terrible injury to happen to him again just when he getting back to sharpness. Gutted for the kid.
    Wish him a speedy recovery. Maybe next year he be stronger.
    Tough time with us for the lad.

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Gutted for Ings , just hope he does recover in time ?

18. bazburke

bazburke
    Expand Collapse

tough going for the bloke. klopp seems to rate him as well. maybe wouldnt have been a starter at any stage but could have been an option. hard to get back from this now id say

19. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Danny Ings has swam the equivalent of the English Channel after undertaking the 21-mile challenge during his rehabilitation.
    Klopp has been blown away by Ings' attitude since he suffered ligament damage to his right knee in October.
    Ings is ahead of schedule but there is no date pencilled in for his return to the first-team squad.

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Fair play to him.

I'm looking forward to the day when he gets to play football regularly again.

Niall likes this.