This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Covid Vaccine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by GaryMc, Oct 26, 2020.

?

Would you immediately take Covid Vaccine if it became available ?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2020.
  1. Straight Away

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Wait and See

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Would Never Take it

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

More good news on the vaccine front, hopefully we'll get some good news that it will start to roll out early next year. I suppose all of the facilities that they're currently using for testing can be used to accommodate the roll out of the vaccine when we get to that point and they should have a fairly well oiled system at that stage to get through people.

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

3. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

USA have approved and started administrating the vaccine, EU has brought forward the date by few days. Hopefully they can start rolling out vaccine before new year.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

People were very upset with the constant negative news and warnings about covid during this pandemic, it was commonly refereed to as scaremongering. Understandable that people were upset but since the news about the vaccine, things seem to me to be getting worse. Our numbers are starting to rise again,before the reopening of restaurants and shops should really be having an impact on those numbers,and this is happening in the North.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  5. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Hi Babbs

I just happen to one of the poor workers that have to travel a lot with work. From the 24th of November onwards I could see a real upwards in the movements of people. Roads were busier and most places I went to had extra callers and workers on their premises. So I am not surprised that there is an upwards movement in infections. Had to travel to the UK for work and the flights both ways were packed. Came home on a Sunday night and was talking to a couple who had went over for the weekend as the pubs were open and they wanted to do some shopping. So I thought I would observe what bags people had with them. A lot had paid for priority and had 2 bags each. Very few single passengers nearly all couples with 4 bags between them and duty free bags as well. This was the 6th of December. I would say none were going to self isolate. I had to stay at home until I had a negative test on the Wednesday evening.
    People are fed up of it now. The only reason that we are on level 3 is that level 5 couldn't be policed in the Christmas period.

babbsnads likes this.
  6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

What did they expect considering their approach to tackling the virus. A cross border plan made nothing but sense but Arlene said NO.... shock horror.

The number's speak for themselves and the UK government and health advisors should be held accountable.

Irishkop96 and babbsnads like this.
  7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's shameful the contempt that they're willing to treat their people with just to keep this poxy notion of their union alive, it's scandalous! Remember that old saying "if your friends jumped off a bridge/cliff, would you?" the DUP have categorically decided that they would absolutely be careering off that cliff alongside them! But what's worse for us on this occasion is that we're all tied up in this thing because we share a land border with them and are going to suffer directly because of idiotic decisions that they have taken.

8. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Heard a news item this morning.
    The Isle of man have had no covid cases in the last six months. Their an island and dont allow anyone in.

Garrett likes this.
  9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of the scene in Braveheart where the King orders his arrows men to open fire, his right hand man says "but we hit our own men" to which he responds yes but we'll kill theirs too.

Garrett likes this.
  10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

She is a real weapon, of highest degree. Then the north's Dominic Cummings moment too.

Regardless the lack of masks been wore, government ministers breaking all sorts of covid rules.
    I really feel sorry for the doctors and nurses, hospitals jammed and country open again

mushypea likes this.
  11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Sinn Fein didn’t cover themselves in glory with the Funeral they all attended. If leaders of country don’t set the example, they can’t complain if the general public ignore the advice.

Garrett and Joedared like this.
  12. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

13. south

south
    Expand Collapse

14. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

No. And that's the story I heard. He paid the price though

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Only realised this week that these first few vaccines don’t actually stop you getting The Covid. You will get it, you just don’t get really bad affects from it. You can though still spread to other people so what’s going to happen the number of ‘cases’ will probably go through the roof as those with vaccine will be mixing more and will become super spreaders. Not until until 70/80% of people get it will things go back to normal.

16. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Yea that's right, plus it's 30 days after 1st vaccine your 'immune'. Your right roughly 70% population has to get it for normal life to resume.
    They still don't know if you need a top up in year time

17. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Great to see vaccine arriving today, pity it's only 10k. Still surprised at the slow turnaround in first batch. Anyway great to see and small light at end of tunnel.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Varadkar on the radio this morning was asked what the delay with the roll out of the vaccine was......said he didn't know.

Also said that charges will be brought in for households that waste water,which apparently is very different from the previous policy of charging people for going over their allocated allowance of water.

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait to see the definition of wasting water

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Great to see the first doses of the vaccine being given out - nursing homes, front line workers etc going to be sorted fairly quickly, from the looks of things.

Granted, its not an overnight miracle cure, but it's a massive step forward and I'm delighted to see it. Hopefully, it's the beginning of the end, Of Covid - 19 killing people across the globe.

Irishkop96 likes this.