This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Cheltenham 2018

Discussion in 'Gambling' started by dk.lfc, Mar 13, 2018.

1. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Day 1 of 2018 well under way

Any luck anyone?

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Had Shantou Flyer and SFP ew in the 3rd.
    Thought It was just me but does not seem to be the same buzz about as previous years. Then i went to bookies beside work at 1 and you couldn’t get in the door.

3. djdwainec

djdwainec
    Expand Collapse

Had the winner in the first at 9/1 on sky bet. Only did it as they have €20 back as free bet in first race each day if you lose. Only had €10 on it but €100 back not bad.

Back a few others in other races but no joy.

Anyone anything for tomorrow?

4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Had Rather Be in the last. Mugged again at the line. Could have been a great day as has Rathviden as well.

Going to go with Douvan tomorrow in big one.

5. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

2 2nd's and a 3rd Yesterday. Small money back

2 winners up in a lucky 15 today. Big race now

Ruby broke the same leg again.

6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Had the free matched bet in the star today on bleu berry, €10 @ 20/1.
    Go raibh maith agat.
    Special in powers today, 50/1 for all the favs to be placed at Chelt today, tidy.

dk.lfc and GaryMc like this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Had Bleu Berry today as well which was sweet. Douvan fall was nasty as was Ruby.

Nicky Henderson could win all four championship races

At the half way point ahead.

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

If you're in powers over the next couple of days try and catch the video of ruby Walsh and Gordon Elliot reading out angry tweets aimed at them, it's very funny.

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Up and down week. Big punts did not come off but had the winner in the last today and yesterday so Managed to come out slightly on top.

Was in Baggot st, went into PP to watch 1.30. Could not get in the door, the place was rammed

10. dogrady26

dogrady26
    Expand Collapse

A bit off topic lads but any of ye that’ve been to Cheltenham what would ye think of this day trip itinerary?

- Dublin to Birmingham 9:35am, land 10:45am
    - Birmingham Airport to Cheltenham train at 11:05 or 11:13 and arrive in Cheltenham at midday, should make track easily by 1pm or before it
    - Train back to Birmingham Airport at 18:39
    - Flight back to Dublin at 21:00

I’d be very confident of it barring no delays on way out ??

11. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I've stayed in Birmingham any years I've went over. Normally in the hotel straight across from the main train station. The trains will be empty enough going to Cheltenham and you can jump on the free buses from the train station to the racecourse.

The train station after the races will be busy enough especially if going on Gold Cup day.

12. Heraldo

Heraldo
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the day your travelling. Have done the train station once on the Friday after racing and it's like a cattle market. They corral you into pens depending on your destination and you get on the next train with space. If there's a few of ye, taxi to/from Birmingham is your only man. Book it through one of the Cheltenham cab companies and ask for the fixed price.

dogrady26 likes this.
  13. dogrady26

dogrady26
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to say going on the Tuesday, €50 return flights 9:35am and 9pm back and on to Munich the Wednesday morning. Going to Cheltenham by myself so don't fancy forkin out on a taxi, you'd be talkin 80 quid one-way I suppose?

14. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

You should be ok on the Tuesday. Tuesday is a fantastic day to go.

Gold Cup Day is mayhem with the place totally overcrowded.

dogrady26 likes this.
  15. Heraldo

Heraldo
    Expand Collapse

Yep, £80+ for a one way, not value if solo. I wouldn't hang around the track after racing but you should be fine for the trains. Enjoy the day.

dogrady26 likes this.
  16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I am flying into Birmingham Wednesday night at 10.30, cheap hotel and then train to Cheltenham

Getting 10 or so train back and staying in hotel and flying out Friday morning at 8.

I think for your trip, the train back is the only dodgy part. A lot of people will have their eye on that train. Try and prebook a seat, maybe that will get you preference.

dogrady26 likes this.
  17. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Have a great trip. I've always loved the 1st day especially the Supreme Novices & Champion Hurdle. The anticipation is special.

dogrady26 likes this.
  18. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lads I run a competition every year for Cheltenham. Might be of interest to you. (Mods take this down if I've overstepped the line)

Only €10 and you have an interest all week. I got over 40 entries last year so the pot got quite large.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    After last year’s great success I’m organising another Cheltenham Tipping Competition. The festival starts on Tuesday March 12th and finishes on Friday March 15th. €10 entry fee. (Must be paid before 12am on Tuesday March 12th)

Like last year we hope to get at least 20 people so we can have 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th prizes as well as the daily €20 prize winner. If we get more than 20 entries the prize fund will increase.

1st - €100
    2nd - €50
    3rd - €30
    4th - €20

You must select one horse in each race for each of the 4 days.

One of the horses you select must be a NAP selection which is your strongest fancy of that day. If you fail to select a NAP, it becomes your selection in that day’s main Championship race (3.20) by default.

If your horse goes non-runner, you may edit your selection up to 1PM on the day of the race. After that, your selection becomes the SP Favourite in the race (or the lowest numbered if there are joint-favourites or co-favourites).

A typical entry might look like this:

1.30 – Brave Inca
    2.05 – Moscow Flyer
    2.40 – Flyingbolt
    3.20 – Istabraq
    4.00 – Arkle (NAP)
    4.40 – Hardy Eustace

Scoring will be as follows:

1st – 5 points
    2nd – 3 points
    3rd – 1 point

There will be 2 bonus points awarded if your NAP selection wins (no bonus points for a NAP selection finishing 2nd or 3rd).

There will be 2 bonus points awarded if your selection wins at an SP of 10/1 to 18/1*.

There will be 5 bonus points awarded if your selection wins at an SP of 20/1 or greater*.

*Note only the official SP will be used here, not bookmakers’ odds (before anyone asks, there’s no official SP between 18/1 and 20/1 - there’s no such thing as a 19/1 SP in Britain or Ireland for instance).

There's no need to include odds with your selection as only the SP will be used for scoring purposes.

To enter simply email your entries here any time before 1 PM each day.

£6.50 likes this.
  19. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

How can we pay you?

20. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I'll PM you

£6.50 likes this.