This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Chelsea v Liverpool Sunday , KO..16:30

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, May 3, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Chelsea-v-Liverpool-live-Follow-all-the-action-team-news-coming-up-from-Stamford-Bridge.jpg

Were starting to look a bit tired but only 3 games to go but a draw here see's us guaranteed champions league football again.
    Id probably go full strength considering plenty of rest after this game ,id also consider Clyne and Moreno starting also lallana hopefully gets 20 mins.
    Any news on Gomez been fit ?

....................Karius

......Clyne ......Lovren .......Van .......Robertson

..............Henderson

................. Wijnaldum ...... Milner

...Salah ....... Bobby ......... Mane

2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Agree 100% on us starting the game strong.

Without being completely disrespectful to Brighton, if we take something from the Chavs game then we really do have the nice option of rotating the squad for our final PL game.

Thought Firmino looked tired last night, so he'd probably be the first of our forward three that I'd be willing to sub, assuming things are going well for us this weekend.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

There 13 days to the final afte Brighton , think Klopp won’t rest to much v Brighton
    If fit they will play imo .
    Just means no need to take risks but Klopp usually doesn’t with players fitness .

babbsnads likes this.
  4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

All true,

I was more trying to make the point that we wouldn't have to play our first choice players against Brighton.

5. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

True , but think Klopp will want to keep them sharp as well as rested .

Expecting Madrid to rest players up the final , hopefully they lose the sharpness

6. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Got to play Clyne last 2 league games to get him match fit in case klopp decides to play him in final.

7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

He won't start in final barring injury but yes would agree that Clyne, Klavan, Lallana and Ings need to play final 2 games I'm case they are needed on May 26th

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'll be surprised if TAA doesn't start this one.He had a tough time Wednesday but getting back up on the horse seems the best option to me unless he's carrying some sort of knock.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Kloppp

"From [Wednesday night], all should be OK. It is the first game for weeks that nothing happened in the game," he told Liverpoolfc.com.

"Adam [Lallana] trained [on Thursday morning] with the squad players and looked good. But the normal season is only one-and-a-half weeks, a very intense one-and-a-half weeks. Nothing else."

That said, the combination of having several long-term absentees and others building up fitness after injury continues to limit Klopp's ability to rotate.

Asked if there is much room to manoeuvre with regards to his starting XI at Stamford Bridge, he added: "You saw it is quite difficult. We will see.

"We have to wait. We trained [on Thursday morning] and the boys who played [on Wednesday night] had their recovery. We'll come together [on Friday] – I can't make any decisions before that.

"We have to wait and see. But it's difficult, the whole situation is not too easy."

10. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

LFCRebel likes this.
  11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'll be honest in saying that I would nearly expect a loss on Sunday, not because I think Chelsea are in any way a better team than us but just because of the different preparations that we'll both have coming into the game. Our lads were shattered by the final whistle on Wednesday and looked leggy in our last two league games too. The high of Wednesday will make it hard to get as psyched up for this final game as you might ordinarily expect we'd be but perhaps I'm just being overly pessimistic on this one. Chelsea are on their best run in the league all year at the moment with three wins on the bounce and I think it looks likely that if they beat us they should finish the season on 75 points which would leave us needing a win against Brighton (not the end of the world I know but would have preferred we hadn't been so foolish against WBA a few weeks back).

12. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

redabbey likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Chelsea have looked pretty leggy themselves and can't afford to drop any points which brings it's own pressure.The distraction of CL can go away for a while for us and the league's best player will be desperate to get one over on the club where he was branded a failure.Add to that Mane having the confidence of coming off his best performance of the season and you can see how this works both ways.I accept theres danger in tbe things you mention and I can see how people could be edging towards a Chelsea win, but there's a difference between that and describing it as very likely mate.

edcarroll02 and Niall like this.
  14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough Babbs and I really hope that you're right, a sticky 0-0 draw would be just the job for us on Sunday! Anything out of Chelsea and we're home and hosed, don't think for a second that Klopp would ever attempt such a thing as a draw though so I expect a similar game plan as Roma, sit in reasonably deep with the three boys looking to hit them on the break.

babbsnads likes this.
  15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think we will be winning this up to around the 70 min mark , it’s then can we manage the the last 20mins.

Think it will be 2-2

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

That would do nicely. Can't lie though, my gut tells me that we will take it to the last game. When as a Liverpool supporter can we last say we could relax and the job was in the bag before the very last minute?! We are Liverpool, we do things the exciting (hard) way!

Garrett and ROCCO like this.
  17. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Clyne in for TAA, no other changes and Lallana to get minutes

NoName7 and ROCCO like this.
  18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Delighted to see Brighton stay up, always thought Chris Houghton was a gent who was poorly treated by Newcastle to give Pardew the job. Also think it's made the last day of the season a lot easier for us.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

They certainly have a vibe of a team about to go on a massive bender.

redabbey likes this.
  20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If they set up a fund I'll throw in a heap of money for booze!

redabbey likes this.