This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

car issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SUPERFAN, Nov 12, 2021.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

lads, I'll hold my hand up and admit I know little to nothing about cars, looking for a bit of advice.
    a light started showing on the dash of my car last week so I booked it in for a check and it was due a service so I got that done too.
    paid a decent amount of money to solve all the issues they found and had it back less than a week and 2 different lights started flashing on the dash so I brought it straight back out.
    waited about a half hour and they ran a diagnostic on the car and they said it was good to go, 2 minor issues that they resolved.
    I was only 5 mins down the road and one of the lights started flashing again, brought it straight back. they're telling me now it's going to cost another few hundred to get a new issue that they've found sorted.
    is that normal, surely that should've showed up in the service they did last week?

2. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Before paying willy, whatever the issue is, no harm in taking it to another garage or 2. Rule of 3 as they say and if you're getting from A to B in it I would as that looks poor service to me. Also look the fault dash light up in your car manual and do a bit of digging on Google/YouTube etc. Better its an Amber light than Red although I know you said it was flashing.

3. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

What is the lights that are on the dash?

4. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

What light and make of car

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Opel corsa, one of the lights was an alert to get the car serviced and the other was to do with coolant level, neither light ever came on before.

6. STEVE1978

STEVE1978
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They shouldve reset the service light after they serviced it Willie. Easy enough to reset ut urself.

On the coolant light, have u checked to see coolant level?
    I had similar issue and found a very small leak in it.

7. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Service light should have being turned off as for the coolant light make sure it's full check to see if the wire is still on the sensor. If it is and the light only comes on when you are driving it could be a faulty sensor. Also make sure that the fan on the radiator is turning on when the engine heats up.

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

apparently the coolant was pissing out of it, when I brought it back the guy said he had only filled it with coolant less than a half hour previous. never had an issue with coolant for the previous 15 months.
    they rang me on Wednesday afternoon and said it should be ready the next day, still haven't heard back from them.
    very strange.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

One of the professions I trust the least. They know most people haven't got a clue and they take advantage of it. I'm lucky enough I use a mechanic across the road, into the hand situation. And if its something he can't do, he'll refer me to one of his mates.