This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Burnley v Liverpool - 5.30pm August 31st

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Liverpool-law, Aug 30, 2019.

1. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Brilliant performance. Mo is brilliant but really pisses me off at times with how selfish he is. We should have won 5-0 today if he hadn't have been so greedy. Hopefully they sort it out. Sadio was right to be angry

2. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I blame Harry Kane for the way Salah can be at times. Imo he became more selfish ever since Kane made a massive deal about claiming a goal in 2018. It's like he clicked a switch on in Mo and doesn't look like being switched off anytime soon.

RedPaddy and Skintown Red like this.
  3. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Haha yep 100% Harry Kanes fault.

4. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Great performance today.

I have no problem with a striker being greedy. I remember Mane shooting against Everton in Anfield when he should have squared it.

Its all about the 3 points.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's so hard to write stories about a routine 3 nil win against a tough opposition these days that the narrative will be obvious. I was collecting the in laws from the airport as the game was on and I'm actually embarrassed to say I forgot about it's existence.

6. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Good point !! Bit over the top from Mane, but Salah was a pri€k for not passing a few times ..he's got to think of the team & not his goals tally...we should have got another 1 or 2 today...
    Great to win at the sh1thouses again & no one crippled !

7. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Could come down to goal difference

8. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Unbelievable how straight forward that was yesterday, in the past would have been worried about going somewhere like Burnley but we’re so good right now.

mushypea likes this.
  9. REDHEART

REDHEART
    Expand Collapse

Really pleased with yesterday

I fully expected Burnley to go after Adrian, but they weren't allowed.

And Adrian did superbly when called into action!

10. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

Think Mo had every right to go try and shoot himself to be honest, the one that I was annoyed about was the one where he should have played in Firmino.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The thing I'm most dissapointed about is how good a goal we didn't score. It would have been a cracker.

Salah should have passed and Mane had a right to be pissed off.

Mane shouldn't have showed his disappointment in such a public way,it created a story.

It's probably not a big deal,players get pissed off with each other all the time.

12. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Great win, 4 out of 4. Great weekend of other results too with Arsenal Spurs Chelsea and United all dropping points. 5 and 7 points ahead of all of those after 4 games, I wouldn't have expected that so early.

13. RedM

RedM
    Expand Collapse

Club record 13 wins in a row. Brilliant. This team is the best in the Premier League now in my opinion. I think the only thing standing in our way currently is the fear element that City give the opposition. They have the game won half the time before they set foot on the pitch. How many goals do they score in the opening minutes of games and then coast through the game, stepping it up every now and then to grab another goal. We are respected by the opposition but winning the league this year will cement us as the team to fear

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Shows how far we've come that I'm not bothered about other results other than Citys. A two horse race from day one. Most other years we'd already be on our way to 2nd league win in a row.

vodkacolly and Liverpool-law like this.
  15. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Completely bossed the game (despite the usual shitehouse tactics of Dyche and co)
    Win number 4 on the bounce
    Top of the league and looking as strong as last year despite the worlds best keeper being sidelined.
    Club record 13 wins on the spin

So after all that, what are the 3 planks on MoTD2 on about? Mane getting the hump. They go back and pull stats of passes to each other and clips of Salah NOT passing from the past 2-3 seasons and try make something out of it.
    Wright claiming he NEVER refused a pass over shooting himself....my hairy left armpit he didnt. Every striker is going to try get a shot off himself if he thinks theres a chance to score.

By the by, MoTD's own stats kinda poo-pooed their own narative. Salah has passed the ball to Mane more than vice versa in the last 2 years.

Yes Mo can be a greedy fcuker, so can Mane. Its part of the definition of a striker. Mo has 57 goals in 78 games, Mane has 47 in 96. Considering most of both their games were played together - thats 125 goals in roughly 100 games together. Greedy or not - it works.

James Milner produced another nugget in instagram.....

"Maybe I misread this, but I’m pretty sure Sadio was reacting to me not getting brought on."
    Milner accompanied the post with two amusing hashtags, which read "#getmillyon #thanksmate".

Mane then responded by admitting: "It's exactly what I [had] been complaining [about]."

16. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Good man Milner!

17. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

What a man to have in the squad. Nothing but love for James.

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Personally think Mane more upset he was taking off and why not Salah
    Think the club also trying to manage his mins as he had his break cut short

Storm in a tea cup from a very emotional player

19. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Is the 'we are the champions, champions of Europe ' tune getting sung at games? I haven't noticed/heard it....