This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Brighton

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by glen, Nov 29, 2019.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It's only November lad, we can't be getting carried away

Garyoc97 likes this.
  2. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Atkinson should have had a look at Adrian to see he was in some way set before he votes the whistle but he didn't cos he's a shit ref. The fact Adrian was just on the field gives him a free pass in my book.
    He looks the type of keeper that doesn't get bothered easily, came out and took a good ball straight after. Let's not mention the one he nearly threw in.
    Coming in cold like that must be tough, have to have full confidence in Adrian after his last stint.

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Just watched the highlights and ref clearly blew the whistle before he struck it. Stonewall Red for Alisson

4. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I think some people just want it to be a refs fault or a refs bias against us instead of accepting clever play against us
    It is ok to be wrong sometimes

Mico and redabbey like this.
  5. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

We got the result and that’s all that counts but Imagine how good we will be when we put in a full 90 minute performance

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

⚠️ Referee Martin Atkinson warned the Brighton player that he would whistle and he had to prepare for the shootout https://t.co/bZbHWKZag6

7. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

The more I see that Brighton goal the more I think Atkinson done is big time. Thankfully just like villa he didn’t cost us like he did at United . 3 times this season and he’s ripped us off.

AWB89 likes this.
  8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The way I see it we're already in the championship rounds of a heavy weight fight. There's no champagne football on the way, this is tooth and nail until the maths become certain. We're mentally resolute for this battle, Klopp and his team know it too, it will never arrive easy!

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

As a general rule I would agree with you, not today though. He was being a prick, if Adrian needs 10 more seconds then add it on at the end. It's not like anything was particularly slow about the free kick, if anything I'd suggest it was fairly quick for a goalkeeper coming on.

glen and babbsnads like this.
  10. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

No doubt about that, simply incredible!

11. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Another great three points but when are the performances going to follow, or have we become the mentality giants built in efficiency which I can accept. However a few 4-0 wins be nice to relieve the stress !

12. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

I've a family history of dodgy tickers> I really should avoid Liverpool for sake of my health, buy damn, its just in my DNA !

13. passremarkable

passremarkable
    Expand Collapse

Objective of 3 points achieved.
    VVD was immense. Not much to add after that. On to the blues now, but we are gonna have to up the intensity levels.

14. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Also if 3 players or more in the wall no Brighton player to be more less than a metre away from the wall. Didn't look that way to me. Atkinson's job is to enforce the rules and he doesn't seem to be doing that in the games I have seen him ref. I am with Paul Tomkins and think he should be demoted.

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Watching the game live I never felt we weren't going to win it. Even taking the accusations of bias out of it, Atkinson wasn't looking when he blew the whistle, he just blows it as he is walking away. He always finds a way to screw us at least once a game. He's a poor ref in general imo.

This is the second best points total after 14 games ever, beaten only on a superior goal difference by Citeh a couple of years ago. Incredible. Which is why it seems impossible to criticise but I would like to see us kill games off. You are never safe at 2 nil. One goal back changes the dynamic of a game. Would like to see us keep going until we are out of sight. 2 points dropped out of 42 though, wow.

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Great to see that Sean Cox was also at last Saturday's match.

LFCRebel and GaryMc like this.