This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Brexit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Dub13, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool-law likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I was on a call with a colleague in England yesterday, I had to repeat twice that Dublin wasn't in the UK. This guy didn't get to his role with out a serious eduction yet didn't know the absolute basics about his nearest neighbour. This is the second time I've experienced this in recent months (had Halfords say the same thing to me in December).

I don't know enough about it but it appears to me they have been shielded from their own history or at least the bits that aren't Captain Tom. The consequences of their casual relationship with facts and anything outside their immediate bubble is coming home to roost. This can only end badly if it ever ends at all.

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

They're 13 points behind the Tories in the latest poll. I think it's safe to say Starmers plan isn't working.

6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Didn't sunak present the budget for over an hour or so without mentioning the word Brexit? While simultaneously highlighting the financial challenges from the pandemic whereby thousands have died from their mis handling. You could say that is a new low but then again, it's just another day for the Tories

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The government have taken control of Liverpool City Council, with the Labour parties backing.

Looking forward to see how Starmers strategy of offering zero opposition while at the same time agreeing with the Tories every time they accuse your party of corruption, will work out for him.

Tories - "Labour is unelectable under Corbyn"

Labour Centrists - We agree

Tories - "Labour is an antisemitic party"

Tories - " We need to sort out the corruption in Liverpool, that big city that hates us and never votes for us and wants us nowhere near their democratically elected positions"

"Centrism" is the biggest con in politics imo,as far as I'm concerned there's no such identity as centrist. You can agree with policies from both sides of the political spectrum,but fundamentally it's your principles that gives you a political identity(if you have one). These fuckers now in control of that party weren't against Corbyn because they thought he was unelectable,they were terrified he would get elected because they want to be career politicians and have all the perks that goes with it,and he put a lot of those perks in jeopardy by giving more power to the membership.Being in government or making any meaningful change doesn't come close for them. Hopefully some of the bent cunts on the council who opened the door to this,do proper time. It's a travesty that a city that has worked so hard to keep the Tories out has to endure this shit.

Shane_90 likes this.
  8. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Is true they taken control for next 3 years?
    That Labour fella might as well pull on a tory tie.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Mad scenes in Belfast this evening setting the bus on fire.

If this was a Nationalist ‘protest’, rubber bullets and water cannon would be out, kids or no kids. Saw a video today of masked kids returning from throwing Petrol bombs being cheered on by old women.

Its taken almost 100 years but screw is turning on Unionists and they know it. England and Boris doesn’t want them and it’s only heading one way. This is the start of a revolt that could get very serious over the summer.

Garrett and Shane_90 like this.
  10. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Saw some viral footage of them petrol bombing cars they pulled drivers put of. Mindless cnuts.

Strings are being pulled somewhere up the ladder though and all they needed was the fake outrage of shinners going to a funeral in lockdown to justify it.

The silence is deafening too with regards to condemning this.

Garrett likes this.
  11. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Inevitable that this was coming surprised it took this long to be honest. The bold shinners didn't get told off so now I'll throw a petrol bomb at a bus driver. What the fuck is going through their knuckledragging minds.

10 arrests made in 6 nights only while their are 40 odd police officers injured, is it just me or do those numbers not add up?

Why so soft? UDA have been making rumblings lately and I'd say that has them rattled.

Power share a mess, Arlene a puppet I is no wonder it has tipped over. Boris, the unionist couldn't give a flying fuck either.

Worrying times

mushypea, Irishkop96 and Garrett like this.
  12. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

The psni busted alot of the uda drug operations recently.

Most worrying thing is some of the videos, young hooded twats been clapped going to the interface to cause bother.

A shared island, these twats can't even share streets with there neighbours who are closed of by walls.
    The dup have lot to answer, provocating this to happen as the got 'stung' on brexit and pushed a potential united Ireland in next 20 years. Which will hurt them :)

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Jesus the Tories are really going to town on Philips death, the whole country is going to be in mourning for years to come if they get their way. I suppose they've realised that symbolism and nationalism are very important to keeping their right wing support base happy. The National Rail service has upset it's disabled and colour blind users by turning their whole website grey to mark his death. Having realised the error of their ways they're now trying to find a workaround rather than just accepting that there's no bloody need for their rail service to be greyscaling their website just because Philip has died. I do worry about the direction they're heading in over there.

14. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Maybe they could take a leaf out of Ted Lowe's book when commentating on the snooker back in the day, "for those of you watching in black and white, the pink ball is next to the green".

GaryMc likes this.
  15. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

So their workaround was just greyscaling all their social media profile photos instead.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Gets them the attention they wanted without having to upset people so win win I suppose!

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Commemorating the death of a visually impaired man by making your website impossible for the visually impaired. Yep, that's very apt for this thread.

elvis likes this.