This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Brendan Rodgers - Former Liverpool Manager

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by RedArmagh, May 30, 2012.

1. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, February 8, 2014: Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers is all smiles as his side score the fifth against Arsenal during the Premiership match at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

[​IMG]

2. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Rodgers out!

Ooops, that was last week.

Despite how the end of the season goes, he's been amazing this season and deserves nothing but credit for managing this group of players who have given us plenty of memories already. YNWA

3. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

His positivity is a breath of fresh air.

I thought it would be suicide to go with such an attacking line up.

But holy fcuk 5-1?

Amazing

4. Jake

Jake
    Expand Collapse

Massive credit to Brendan. We have a top top manager on our hands. We are playing some outstanding football and ripping teams apart. Have we ever scored as many set pieces goals? Willing to give youth a chance and you can see he is an excellent coach the way players are improving under his watch. Get his contract sorted and backed in the summer window and who know what we can achieve.

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Suarez missed the first 5 games.Sturridge,Gerrard,Lucas and Coutinho have all been missing for large portions of the season. And we're now without what I'd consider 3 of our first choice back 4,some people would say 4 out of 4. We're 6 points of the top of the league and playing some of the best football I've seen in my time supporting us.

6. Fowler's God

Fowler's God
    Expand Collapse

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I can't put the words together to sum up this man. He's been incredible and he's got a real aura about him. Every player is moulding to his own confidence, if it wasn't for two horrible results against Villa and West Brom we'd be 2 points off the top with a squad of players that finished way off the pace last season. He's like the opposite of David Moyes at the moment.

8. redtillidie

redtillidie
    Expand Collapse

Superb cannot speak highly enough of him and the team spirit we have is the best I have seen in a long long time. Let's just hope we do Fulham and make no mistakes

9. mighty magpie

mighty magpie
    Expand Collapse

10. masterbenji

masterbenji
    Expand Collapse

In that case add a win instead of a loss to Hull and we would be top!:D

Need to give this man a new contract, he has earned it!

11. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

It's hard to think we were underwhelmed at his appointment.My God how he's proved his worth though. He has us playing football like the Liverpool teams of old without the spending power of the top 4 and with a limited squad. We are lucky to have him.

12. this

this
    Expand Collapse

During the Match of the Day highlights the commentator mentioned something along the lines of "This is like the Liverpool of old" during that first 20min spell on Saturday, to which my Dad replied "We were never this good in the 70's or 80's". High praise in my book.

13. Rover 609

Rover 609
    Expand Collapse

How Brendan Rodgers has turned Liverpool’s league fortunes around
    Tony Barrett February 10 2014 11:02AM

#4873 Rover 609, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

So good he wrote it twice :D

In fairness it's a fantastic article and really does sum up my feelings on the whole situation quite well. Hadn't heard about the standing ovation for John Flannagan before but it doesn't surprise me. His work ethic is outstanding and he's showing now that he's got the quality too.

Anyway lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, Rodgers will be in line for the sack if we draw or lose to Fulham midweek.

15. Rover 609

Rover 609
    Expand Collapse

I knew it didn't read as long as it looked when I pasted it up:D

16. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Brendan Rodgers has revealed how it was a case of 'back to business' for Liverpool on Sunday in the aftermath of their spectacular 5-1 victory over Arsenal.
    The Reds dismantled the Gunners at Anfield on Saturday, knocking them off the top of the table, with a performance that will long be remembered as one of the club's finest.
    Arsenal were simply blown away by an opening 20-minute spell that yielded four goals for the home team. A second of the afternoon for Raheem Sterling put the gloss on a sensational display after the interval.
    However, while Liverpool fans have spent the hours that have followed savouring the victory, the players and staff were back at Melwood less than a day later, with the focus firmly on the midweek trip to Fulham.
    Rodgers told his pre-match press conference: "We were in the following morning; the players were recovering and as coaching staff, we will first and foremost analyse the game, take the positives from it and the areas we can improve upon.
    "We've had an extensive analysis of the game and we'll share that with the players before we play next, both individually and in terms of group work.
    "We do a lot of individual work here with the players, showing them areas of their game which are very, very good and highlighting their strengths - but also areas they can improve on. That's the environment here - it's a continual improvement, both of senior and young players."
    The manner of Liverpool's win against Arsenal has naturally received plenty of plaudits, but Rodgers was eager to stress that his side have shown they are capable of such displays on several occasions so far this term.
    He said: "It was an outstanding win. We were on top of our game at the weekend. Of course, it gets magnified more when it's against a top team, but we've had many similar performances this season against different opponents.
    "But certainly it was wonderful to watch the team playing with that concentration, organisation, focus and quality - and it was particularly pleasing to see so many young players, and young British players."
    Following the weekend's results, Liverpool are now six points off Chelsea, who claimed top spot with a home win over Newcastle.
    Journalists were again eager to quiz Rodgers on whether he felt his team were involved in the title race.
    Rodgers reflected: "I came here to challenge for titles, so there is no limit on our ambitions. I came to this great club hopefully to be here for a number of years in order to bring back the success and continue on from some of the great work the likes of Kenny [Dalglish] was doing here before I arrived.
    "The momentum has been building and building, but I just think it's unprecedented to go from being where we were last year in seventh position [to first].
    "I'm very much full of optimism for this football club and the development of the team, but I also have to be realistic as well and I think it's something that might be too much for us this season. But that doesn't stop us fighting or wanting to be the best we can be, and at some point in my time here we will be ready."
    With 13 games remaining, Liverpool remain in fourth in the table - three points and 33 goals better off than fifth-place Tottenham.
    Securing qualification for the Champions League continues to be the Reds' primary objective, according to the boss.
    "For us, I really only focus on the team and the football club, and make no mistake - I want to get into the Champions League for the people here at the club and the people of the city," said Rodgers.
    "I came here to try and inspire the city as much as the team. I know what Champions League football can bring to a city like Liverpool and everything it can generate. I keep the focus on improving the players, improving our performance levels, and you can see from the continuation of the development we've made over the last 18 months that we're going to be a match."

17. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

We've scored 23 goals this season from free kicks and corners. Wow

18. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I found myself sitting on the fence with Brendan last season, feeling he was trying to change too much too quickly and not adapting his own style to suit the player's we had. He has been lucky enough at times to which also helps to confuse you as to whether he is the real deal or not. The most positive thing for me this season is not so much the results but that you now really look forward to watching us play. In the main we don’t do boring football and it is great to see youngsters like Henderson, Coutinho, Flanagan & Sterling flourishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

In what ways has he been lucky?

20. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

We must have conceded 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk