This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

any driving instuctors on here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SUPERFAN, May 1, 2019.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

is anyone a driving instructor on here or does anyone on here know a driving instructor they would recommend?
    doing lessons at the mo (the job are paying for them) but i'm not too keen on the instructor if i'm being honest, would like to get an hour or 2 done with someone else who will just take me through the basics again in a calm manner and no constant chatter. or would anyone know of any good online tutorials i could throw my eye on?
    if anyone can help send us a PM.

2. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I think the first thing you need to do with any instructor is outline from them what you're trying to achieve, and how you'd like that to be delivered. It's your session and it's there for your benefit. No harm in ringing a few and telling them you're looking for someone calm that won't rattle the ears off you.

Also, assuming you can drive already and just need to brush up on the "proper" way to drive, you're better off doing a "pre-test" you essentially get driving instructions but in a test manner, so there's no talking. You'd probably need at least 3 hours for it. 1 is you just driving as if it's a test, the next 1 or 2 is doing the same but the instructor will work on the things you "failed" in your first go, and then you can decide to do another "test".

SUPERFAN likes this.
  3. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan
    Expand Collapse

I’m a qualified driving instructor but I’ve no patience so fucked if I’m giving lessons as I start losing the rag and shouting