This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Alberto Moreno

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by flies, Aug 16, 2014.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be honest Bob I'd take a hell of a lot of convincing that any manager with 5 midfielders to cover 90 minutes is ever going to consider things stretched in a preseason friendly but to avoid any confusion,

I dont fancy Milner in midfield for us.Id start him at LB v Watford and at this point I'd sell Moreno.I also accept theres a decent possibility Klopp has no intention of using Milner as a midfielder and Moreno could still leave.

But I'd also say the things Klopp said and did yesterday makes the opposite at least as likely and imo,probably a bit more likely.Even if this is the case,Milner will be down the pecking order in midfield,of that I have no doubt and could easily start at LB at Watford or take the spot back off Moreno at any point.Robertson could easily leave the two of them out of the team,suffice to say LB is not a position Im worried about.

bobby benitez likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

Can just imagine the meltdown next week when this lad starts and makes a screw up.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking more like when the club announce a new 4 year deal for him tomorrow 10 minutes after ending our interest in Van Dijk:)

GaryMc likes this.
  4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

2 highly likely scenarios right there

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I hope it happens for the first reason and Klopp sticks with him if the second does happen. He's got some seriously good attributes and if consistency could be added he could be a top player.

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

You don't have to imagine, just think back 12 months when he did start and done everything in his powers to fuck it up.

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

If he gets starts between Watford and the 31st August and screws up then the club may still sell and I would have no problem with that. On the other hand if he gets chances and performs really well his come back will have been even bigger than Lazarus.

I also don't think Klopp has just based his decision on a few pre-season matches but those matches were the testing ground for the manager and his coaches to observe the player.

Going off topic I feel my opinion is unbelievably harsh on Jon Flanagan and not giving him any benefit of the doubt the same doubt I was always prepared to give Moreno. Somebody suggested we all have the desire to be proved right can't remember the exact phrase might have been @edcarroll02 The manager has given him lots of chances this pre-season but he does not seem part of any conversation.

EDIT I don't believe it the Echo already used the Lazarus comeback earlier today in a story on Moreno. So much for me thinking I had an original thought :D

8. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

I don't think they'll be any 'come back' from him..he's not good enough...alarm bells were going off for me, when he had that air shot that led to man city goal in his 1st game...

9. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Very funny moment on Saturday when he won a header in the first half from a kick out. Young lad behind me I reckon 4 years old but the height of a two year old turns and says to his friend see he’s tiny but can still get up and win headers.

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Very good game, thought I'd never say the

11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse

Watching the highlights again this morning. When 2-3 up, Moreno has a great shot that keeper turned away. Matip hit the bar from the corner.

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Watch the 2nd goal again. Watch him dive in twice and get no where near it, Can bails him out and we conceded a throw. Not content with that he literary does the sane thing again, the ball is recycled and they can virtually the right side of the box to themselves. It would be shambolic if wasn't so inevitable.

Stevie S likes this.
  13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse

At least though he is sort of tight to his man. Henderson is as cupable as he lets Cleverly waltz by him and does not track him.

Reading between the lines I think that was what Carragher was alluding to in his post match comments. VVD won't fix it, the issues as a defensive unit and as a team.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'm just waiting for this lad to be re-brand as a winger or midfielder, no longer a LB ....

He's not good defensively so no point in him even being considered for LB duties, but might get a bit of game time across the various competitions this season for his attacking play, frees etc - still leaves us with a problem for LB, but perhaps we can make Milner a LB (again!). Anything other than buy in the talent that's needed, seems to be the way :rolleyes:

15. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

is Robertson not a left back ?!

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Yes, he is.

17. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

He doesn't know how to defend. At one stage in the first half he gives the ball to Mane who has his back to goal with a couple of Watford players advancing on him. I'm thinking check your run, offer mane a safe out ball. Not a hope, off on the overlap when he'd no right to, Mane loses the ball and Moreno is still galloping up the wing. Should have been sold by now.

Stevie S and Garrett like this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

True, although have to admit I was amazed that an offer actually came in for him this summer ... not alone the fact that we subsequently turned it down. Defies belief ....

19. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

@Gareth So who is to blame, Klopp or FSG for keeping the player? A player you have decided to not be good enough to be even a squad player at LFC.

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Lionel,

Why use the word "blame" in this instance ?

I don't think it's a case of blame do you ?

If you want to know who I think made the decision to keep him, I think it was Klopp. Perhaps Klopp new something more about his potential for transfer dealings this summer than the rest of us did ? Perhaps Klopp thought that strategically it was appropriate to keep Moreno to help keep Coutinho with us ? Perhaps Klopp thinks Moreno is a better LB than I do ? Who knows, you'd have to ask him I suppose (and then we'd all get a laugh, if he told you that it was FSG's decision and he actually wanted rid of Moreno .... not that that would happen ;))

BTW, think you have unintentionally directed your question to a different site member with the @ bit above :)