This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Alan Partridge is back!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dub13, Nov 11, 2010.

1. thisisdjkaz

thisisdjkaz
    Expand Collapse

Steve Coogan is great. Alan Partridge is gas but havent seen it in awhile. Must get on that!

2. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

His new film is out in two weeks. Its getting some really good review's. Loved his shows, so will definitely be going along to this.

Any one seen it yet?

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Watched a few of the old episodes of the show in last few weeks.
    Quality!!!

4. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Alan Partridge's top 10 hits - in video

[YOUTUBE]9ured0oVW10[/YOUTUBE]

My favourite Alan moment is a scene in which he sings the theme to Goldfinger whilst walking along a motorway to buy a bag of windscreen washer fluid from an Esso garage. He seems so happy even though it looks bleak. That's why Alan survives, because he never sees himself as others see him. He has a protective veneer of optimism, even though that may just be a thin crust concealing a hot plasma-core of self-doubt. I think that's a quality Alan would encourage in others: if there's something that bothers you, just ignore it.

Armando Iannucci, Partridge co-creator

[YOUTUBE]czWLEbNwjCI[/YOUTUBE]

My favourite moment is when he has his Bond breakdown and acts out the opening scenes of The Spy Who Loved Me. When I heard about the movie, as a massive fanboy I was hoping for a cameo. That didn't happen, but my new single is in the film. I think Alan's son has it on his iPod and Alan asks who it is, and his son says "Example". And Alan says, "It's awful, turn it off."

Example, rapper and featured Alpha Papa soundtrack artist

[YOUTUBE]1W_p3hrsCxY[/YOUTUBE]

The radio incarnation of Knowing Me, Knowing You was all basically amazing. I'll go for the bit when he got to chat to a minor royal. After fishing for a dinner invite, Partridge was keen to know if she'd like to be Queen. She said it couldn't happen. Partridge was sure that it could, so he "painted her a picture" – a sequence of grizzly, tragic events that would see her get the top job. Rebecca Front is amazing as the Duchess of Stranraer. Partridge's cheerfulness and lack of tact is death-defying; his tenacity, genuinely admirable. Gold.

Tim Key, Sidekick Simon in Mid-Morning Matters and Alpha Papa

[YOUTUBE]g7rTk8Vihe0[/YOUTUBE]

When Alan is reporting from the races, it's pouring down, he's really up against it, and the camera catches him unawares saying: "It's his bed, let him lie in it. Let him lie in it." And you want to know what that off-camera conversation was about. It's this little window into Partridgeworld. Up until then we hadn't really seen what he was like off-camera: arrogant, dismissive but very human. I love that glimpse of the real Alan Partridge we'd get to see later.

David Schneider, co-star on The Day Today, Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge

[YOUTUBE]n5jpVbEL0jc[/YOUTUBE]

My favourite moment is Alan's supposed apology to the Norfolk Farmers' Union. His exchange with Chris Morris builds in ever ridiculous layers as Alan keeps pushing how ill-informed and offensive he can be in order to avoid saying sorry. It's littered with killer quotable lines such as "the plums have got beaks" and "your wife, who's also your brother". I was lucky enough to see rehearsal tapes and it was jawdropping how great the stuff was they couldn't fit in to the edited show.

Shane Allen, BBC controller of comedy

[YOUTUBE]fzVD5zYLK1k[/YOUTUBE]

There's a scene when Alan goes to visit Michael, and they're talking about friendship and Alan is clearly really enjoying it. And then it suddenly turns very unpleasant when Michael goes off on a violent fantasy about flying an Apache helicopter. I was there when they filmed it and it was electrifying. You suddenly see on Alan's face that he realises this guy is weird and he's trying to get out of there without hurting Michael's feelings. It makes you realise how lonely both men are – Alan yearns for the friendship. It's a great moment.

Felicity Montagu, Alan's long-suffering assistant, Lynn

[YOUTUBE]MrOBqn0asug[/YOUTUBE]

I've been at BBC Radio Norfolk since day one, almost 33 years. When the TV trailers showed Alan moving into local radio, my wife looked at me and said, "My God, he's doing you now." We have a few similarities: I am prone to doing wacky, off-the-cuff things. My all-time favourite scene is Alan filming on a boat after angering local farmers. He's dressed up in good boating style but the farmers drop a dead cow on him from a bridge. I spend all my holidays on the Broads. I've had swans almost land on me, but never a cow.

Wally Webb, Radio Norfolk Early Breakfast Show host

[YOUTUBE]eOQIMOcEVc4[/YOUTUBE]

I like the dream sequence where Alan is in a club lapdancing for BBC commissioner Tony Hayers and he's wearing a bra made of traffic cones that he got from a cycling test centre. It's a look inside his mind and I think it sums him up quite well. I've always loved Alan and when my friend opened a tattoo shop last year he said he'd do me a free tattoo. A lot of people laugh and say, "That's a really good tattoo, but why is it Alan Partridge?" Jed Maxwell [Alan's "mentalist" tattooed stalker] was in the back of my mind but I never considered getting the full chest tattoo. That would be a bit much.

Darren Lee Thomas, the fan with the Alan Tattoo

Some of these Clips ive never seen before. But they are gas. Some of the ones i have seen still make me laugh.

5. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

[YOUTUBE]X5NOyCnSRBM[/YOUTUBE]

6. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber