This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Accom in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Travel' started by loppy, May 15, 2019.

1. loppy

loppy
    Expand Collapse

Lads long shot I know but the young fellas accommodation in Liverpool has just been cancelled by booking.com, said wrong card info when the place went to take the money but it was all good and my card so defo enough there. Anyway, desperatly looking for somewhere for the Sat night for 4. Everywhere booked out and anything left is mad money. Hoping someone has something booked and not travelling or something.
    They are going Thurs to Sun but it's the Saturday night they are stuck.

2. lfc84

lfc84
    Expand Collapse

dates ?

3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sure he means the Saturday night of the final

The 1st :)

4. loppy

loppy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry lads yep the weekend of the final

5. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The same happened me before. But hopefully this is true, and it can't happen anymore if people are aware they can pursue the contract that they have paid for with the agent (booking. com for example).

6. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Happened me for Madrid with Booking.com
    Had a hostel for €25 for the Saturday night, and was cancelled the morning of Barca second leg
    Booking.com offered a few similar options, and they would cover the difference. Their offer was for a place that was €280 for the night, but I had to pay up front and claim back after my stay, which didnt suit

I decided to book redeye home and all night it, but Booking.com should be offering you alternative, at same price to you in the end

xRedmanLFCx and Niall like this.
  7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

8. loppy

loppy
    Expand Collapse

Finally sorted something cheers lads. Student accommodation in city centre. Ended up 50quid for the 3 nights.

9. loppy

loppy
    Expand Collapse

Bad form from. Booking.com or the host apartment, defo didn't try taking the payment as card number is right and more than enough in the account. Won't be leaving it there. Just hope they don't cancel my room now.

10. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

I had an airbnb bookked for last home gave v wolves. It got cancelled. I rang airbnb and said this was the second accomodation that was cancelled. They told me that i would not be charged and would be getting a complete refund. So I asked were they going to refund my flights too. On this they gave me £125 discount for new accom. And links to some properties. I rebooked. I then recieved my refund from original book......... but i did not get the discount till after i had checked in.

The guy at airbnb told me that hosts are fined by airbnb for cancelling'. And they cannot advertise their property again for the inital dates that its was booked for.
    I suspect the finr is very small and hosts or landlords just put their property on other accommadation site.
    Seems to be very little regulation about this.
    Its becoming quite common.
    Its even happening with guys booking in Madrid now too

11. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

Have a twin room in the Campanile for June 1st-€160...if anyone is stuck. Also have a spare ticket for the screening at Hotel TIA