This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

2016-2017 Cheap Accomodation and Flights

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dub13, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

Was the point in booking flights and we could be away that weekend, if you just want to get rid of some money I'll on you my iban and ibic numbers

2. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Completely pointless booking flights when you don't know if Liverpool are playing at home or away that weekend or if you don't know you're guaranteed tickets for it.

3. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Unless it's one of them mad sales 10 euro return I wouldn't be taken any gambles on flights. For a start unless your booking Friday to Tuesday you could still miss it even if we are at home

4. up the pool

up the pool
    Expand Collapse

well im obviously gonna wait till the fixtures come out,what i ment was should i book a flight before the tickets for a particular fixture go on sale or do you guys normally get your match ticket first then book a flight,i just thought it might be cheaper booking a flight as early as possible

5. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

I normally wait till sky and bt announce wat games they are going to show before I book flights and they are usually released 2nd or 3rd week of July

GaryMc likes this.
  6. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Best time to do it is immediately after being announced if you can near guarantee the day. If you miss the boat on that then I have found in and around 4 weeks before flying the prices come back down from their sometimes ridiculous spike.

If you know a game is 90% to get moved to a Sunday due to European fixtures for example then preempt this by taking a pint at least one way

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

European fixtures and International Breaks as well as the Grand National do give up a few clues.

7th July last year was the announcement to end of September then 12th August to end of November. With 5 PL teams in the Champions League next season (TV announcements before the final play off round) there might be a few more Friday matches scheduled earlier in the season than last year, the TV companies will not know if a CL team will be scheduled for a Tuesday night CL match which then rules out a preceding Sunday fixture.

The days of matches involving certain clubs in only early television slots also seem to be gone for ever. CCTV and the policing of big matches has changed everything.

8. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

I see the Eddie Castle are now doing accommodation....£70 a night with breakfast included

Stevie S and Colm75 like this.
  9. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Where is that?

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Holyhead if I'm not mistaken.

11. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

The Premier League have revealed provisional dates for when fixtures rescheduled for TV for the 2017/18 campaign will be announced.

Provisional Dates For TV Rescheduling
    • August and September: July 10, 2017
    • October and November: August 11, 2017
    • December and January: October 12, 2017
    • February: December 12, 2017
    • March: January 25, 2018
    • April: February 26, 2018
    • May: April 6, 2018
    • Final day: After all clubs have played 37 games

Galwaydub likes this.