This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

running thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SUPERFAN, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Con

Con
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck to everyone running Monday. Enjoy it and hopefully the wind is on your back the whole way around

mousey and Dub13 like this.
  2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Good luck to everyone running the marathon today, I really don't know how you do it!

mousey likes this.
  3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers lads.

Was over the expo yesterday, no wait at all which was great. I went over on the Sunday last year and it was a lot busier.

4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck tomorrow lads, hope you all get a time you're happy with, and if not sure fcuk it, you've still completed a marathon ffs. :)

Dub13 and mousey like this.
  5. mousey

mousey
    Expand Collapse

Just on the train to Dublin now. Gonna head straight out to expo from Heuston to give me plenty time to catch the football later. Will the Luas from Heuston bring me straight out there does anyone know?

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Can't believe its almost upon us. The run in just flew. This thread has been a great help along the way.

Dub13 and maloneavic like this.
  6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

No mate, the Luas doesn't go near the rds, you could get the luas to abbey st and then the number 4 or 7 bus from o Connell bridge out to the rds.
    You could also walk up to infimary road (about 5 mins walk from heuston) and get the 46a all the way over to Leinster's ground in donnybrook and the rds is only a short walk from there.

7. mousey

mousey
    Expand Collapse

Sound Willy

8. maloneavic

maloneavic
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck lads tomorrow .

Freaked out i did the training but could not get a spare number so anyways i will just keep on training and hopefully do the clon marathon in december,thank god it is a day before newcastle away and not the day after ;).
    Bit annoyed tho that a race number etc cannot be transferred ok it would cause a lot of hassle but if there was a cut off point ie a few weeks before race day then it would be fine i think.

Was on facebook on the dcm15 app who is going and maybe people etc and was a lot of people living all over the world who where in the maybe section so id imagine a lot of these people won't make it at this late stage so even if there was a rule to let over seas who cannot make it transfer their pack to others i think would work..

Anyways best of luck lads and enjoy it.

9. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck tomorrow lads and lassies hope it goes well

10. Bez Bing

Bez Bing
    Expand Collapse

I dunno mate to be fair they give you every opportunity to enter, the cut off date is very well advertised and didn't they even extend it this year? Compared to a lot of other marathons around the world that sell out, its very easy to enter.
    Transferring numbers is messy and can cause lots of issues around identifying runners who might need medical attention and then you also have the issue of faster runners taking slower runners numbers (and vice versa) which cause mayhem at the start.

11. Malzheimer

Malzheimer
    Expand Collapse

cheers for the well wishes folks and best of luck to the other runners and Irishkopites. I second that mousey this thread as been a god send getting the advice off the lads that have been there done that. Just going to try and enjoy it now, take it all in, not push too hard too early and see what happens.
    *being honest though still be a little bit gutted if I don't make sub 4 hours but that's just a personal battle now ha ;)

12. kopgod

kopgod
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck tomorrow everyone, it will be my first tomorrow so cant wait for it.

rudeboy and Dub13 like this.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy
    Expand Collapse

Right, i'm out the door.See you all on the other side. Best of luck everyone

14. Bez Bing

Bez Bing
    Expand Collapse

Well how did everyone get on?

15. kopgod

kopgod
    Expand Collapse

5hrs 20min, in ribbons here.

mousey, Bez Bing and Niall like this.
  16. Malzheimer

Malzheimer
    Expand Collapse

Managed to crawl over the line in 3.54 so was delighted. I said the other day I was going to try and enjoy it. Upto 25km was grand but then started to hurt everywhere and every step was a mental war. Probably didn't have enough miles on the clock. In bits today I'd say first and last marathon for me it can't be good long term for the body that level physical exertion. I've a new level of respect for regular marathon runners. Well done to everyone who completed it.

GaryMc, mousey, Dub13 and 4 others like this.
  17. Bez Bing

Bez Bing
    Expand Collapse

Well done lads, conditions didn't seem conducive to marathon running.

You'll be back Malzheimer, you'll be back :)

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Well done lads.

19. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

3:49 for me. The goal was a PB so under 3:57 which I did last year. The 2 other marathons I ran I hit the much talked about "wall" from around 33k /35k, and when I mean a wall I mean losing about 1 min a KM till the end and it been very painful. The most pleasing thing about this attempt is I did not hit the wall, yes I slowed down a bit but was very comfortable for most of the race. I could have knocked more time off this but kept expecting to hit the wall. Goes to show you with proper training and planning you can avoid it. Roll on the next one.

kopgod, Bez Bing, Niall and 1 other person like this.
  20. mousey

mousey
    Expand Collapse

Fair play to you. That's a brilliant effort.

Dub13 likes this.