This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I've seen people putting contact lenses on in traffic, reading a newspaper, shaving, and brushing teeth. Not overly regular occurrences mind, but I've seen each of them happen more than once. Why can't people just be a few minutes late instead.

2. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

My best one yet, was driving home recently from Dublin fairly late on the N11. Saw a car swerving a bit on the road for a few miles so stayed well back, got a straight bit and went past. As I went past, noticed she was reading her kindle!

3. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

The canteen in work.

They put Onion into EVERYTHING, like EVERYTHING and never call it out. They list all the other ingredients, but not the onion!!

Also, they put flat leaf parsley on EVERYTHING, every single dish and side is garnished with the stuff, and it makes all the food taste the same.

I'm no chef, but I'd imagine it's done to hide the taste of food?

Andrew likes this.
  4. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Have to agree with you on this. I hate onion's and all the fu*king gravy is laced with them.

5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Why not send an email to the canteen manager complaining (in a nice way) ?

6. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

People who talk during a movie at the cinema, I think it pisses everyone off. It's usually women and usually teenage girls.

I don't think anything annoys me as much. Nothing wrong with a quiet word here and there but loud people who talk the whole way through a film kill me. Someday Ill snap, holding it together for the time being:D

PaddyW and vodkacolly like this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Go for it mate and give 'em hell ... I do and it shuts them up fairly quickly.

8. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Onions are like the invisible food, I bought a prepacked sambo last week that listed about 8 ingredients but not onion. It was the most overpowering taste in the bloody thing but not listed.

9. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I agree with yer sentiments on advertising onions. However I'm always delighted when they turn up

10. mousey

mousey
    Expand Collapse

the amount of crisps you get on the side of your plate with your sandwich in O Briens. their staff must be briefed on their induction to give the bare minimum. like it comes out of their wages or something. Stingey b*stards - more fool me for dropping my cash in there. Nice sandwiches tho

11. kopgod

kopgod
    Expand Collapse

Niall Quinns commentary on sky.

12. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

On the food theme - coleslaw. Why do we get offered coleslaw with everything in Ireland. Our staple dish should be ham, cabbage and spuds....and a dollop of coleslaw.

13. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Pricey as well.

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'd drop the boild ham and boiled cabbage, for extra coleslaw myself.... (and yes, I know there is often grated cabbage in coleslaw, but it's far nicer when it's crunchy and raw, than when it's been boiled and is half soggy).

15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Only two days a go there was a small truck going fairly slow in the middle lane of the N7 and drifting every now and then over in to the right lane. Figured the driver was probably looking at his phone. When I went past him I had a look and he was holding a pen in one hand, a small notepad in the other and leaning it on the centre of the steering wheel while writing. No hands on the wheel.
    As if he was in a fckin stationary vehicle.
    No pun intended.

PaddyW, Shane_90 and Stevie S like this.
  16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Driving home from work on the M2 yesterday just outside Ashbourne and there was a guy driving down the hard shoulder of the motorway with three kids in the front of his Hiace van on the phone. He wasn't stopped or stopping but was driving along at about 60kmph in the hard shoulder with the van swerving over and back the yellow line. I would have taken his reg and reported him but you never want to get mixed up with the hiace driving brigade if you can avoid it but what he was doing was so dangerous.

17. liver06

liver06
    Expand Collapse

These sort of people do nothing for society,a law to themselves,don't contribute to anything,but have the best of vans,i put them in the same category as the Romanian gypsies

18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Eircom or Eir or what ever the fuck they want to be called these days. No matter what they are called they are shit.

I've had some amount of issues over the past couple of weeks with the broadband. Engineers have been out, calls the their technical. Nearly every second weekend i am with out broadband for the full weekend. If i wasn't in a rented house i would get rid of them.

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I had a five month stand off with them over unpaid broadband charges when they sold me a fibre broadband package which it turned out was not available on my line. Rather than ringing me to tell me it wasn't available they decided that they would put me on a more expensive plan which was only a 3Mbps service. On ringing them the first customer service agent couldn't understand what I was upset about, kept saying "but you're on a more expensive plan for a lower price, you should be thanking us". Put through to a supervisor and first words uttered were "I've listened to the first call log and I agree with the agent, there's nothing I can do for you".

This went back and forward for months with letters but ultimately the same response came from them until they eventually offered to let me buy out my contract at 50% of the first years cost (about €240 + equipment of €50 for a modem or something). I got in touch with Comreg who wrote a letter on my behalf and Eircom sent me an apologetic email two days later saying that it was a mistake on their behalf and all charges had been dropped. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

20. djdwainec

djdwainec
    Expand Collapse

Facebook statuses like this:

Saturday "delighted england are out of the rugby, english scum"
    Sunday "come on Liverpool, hope sturridge destroys them"