This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Man U Away 12/09

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

We're waiting for Sturridge to save our season and Rodgers for Danny to save his job

It was a gutless approach to the game

Just can't see Rodgers getting us to where we want to be ?

2. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Take no pleasure in seeing the season unfold exactly as I thought thus far and Rodgers looking clueless. Can anyone honestly answer what does he actually stand for anymore? At least in his first season when results were up and down you could see what he was trying to do and there was a clear plan and the football was enjoyable to watch. Now there is none of this and there is an obvious sense of apathy setting in right throughout the club. The owners need to take their heads out of their holes and realise the rot that has set in and looks like continuing under Rodgers. Should have walked in the summer and that hasn't nor won't change anytime soon.

3. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

So Ings ideally likes playing up front along side another striker.
    Firmino likes to play as a number 10.

It takes fair stupidity to manage to play the two of them out of position.

DARREN26 likes this.
  4. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Utd fans and van gal must love Rodgers in charge last season and so far this season

We should have turned the screw last season and kept them out of the top 4 and put the them as a club under huge pressure and today we could have put the pressure back on

But we're like a release valve

5. JohnnyPool

JohnnyPool
    Expand Collapse

Agree with most of what has been said here about Brendan, he seems to have completely lost his way. From player recruitment to team selection and game management, its all horrible.
    And I am one of those who was happy enough for him to stay after last season.
    Was hopeful coming into the game that we could do an average utd team, but in hindsight that was more heart than head. This was one of our worst performances against utd, and there's been a few of those under Rodgers. This was gutless, full of fear, and lacking proper class. For me its all down to Rodgers - the players we have and then the way he set that team up. Average.
    He needs to throw caution to the wind now, and get back to better attacking football, but even then he really is a dead man walking.

6. blackbetty69

blackbetty69
    Expand Collapse

Toothless performance today. We showed absolutely nothing up front, Benteke's goal coming out of absolutely nowhere and fair play to him but apart from that I can't remember having any clear chances at goal for most of the game.

7. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

5 games in and the place is in a meltdown. Good god

8. Andrew

Andrew
    Expand Collapse

In fairness, 5 games in and we've only performed well for 45 minutes. This is off the back of a terrible season of performances and after bringing in some good signings. There might be some overreacting going all but BR is not doing himself any favours. The team needs to start performing soon.

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Benteke and Clyne aside... Poison

Skrtel and Lucas are a sign of the downfall of the club on the pitch. Both in their prime could not get in 09 side. Skrtel gets a new contract. He is the softest Hardman I ever seen. You can see Carra holding back roasting him as he played with him but you can read between the lines. Not sure where Can's best position is but he was terrible today.

Can take a beating against anyone but a cowardly surrender at Old Trafford. That's Hodgsonesque

10. JohnnyPool

JohnnyPool
    Expand Collapse

An in fairness its not just down to these 5 games. The context here is last season.

11. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Yes because people are forming their opinion on the last five games only.

12. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

This game proved with alot of people on here are hiding behind we're a bang average team with bang average players there us is only is only 1 player that is anyway about that and he's like a class doll with he's injuries, as long as BR is in charge we as a team will never move beyond that. Credit where it's due FSG have turned us into Everton dey'll be happy with a season in a few challenging for Europe as dey can hang out the media soundbites for yrs after that. We'll be living off dat 2nd for yrs coming yet people will live in denial thinking there was signs of progress when the truth remains we need another fluke to get near top 4.

13. sean23

sean23
    Expand Collapse

We are shit . is this lfc or a pub team ? Looked like 11 boys with boots get a game ! Same shit this year as last year ..... Buy players and play them out of position and hope for best ... This is not LFC anymore ... It's BRFSG FC .... I ll prob get slagged off again for posting after a defeat ... But my point is the same ... We are fucked under br and now we have a shit squad that any good manger Wundt touch .

14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

We go to Arsenal and attack, the fastest counter attacking side in the country. Brave move but it worked well, then when ww play against the slowest side in the league we sit on the edge of our box? What kind on thinking is that? Then you have the strongest attacker in the league against the smallest centre back and we don't attempt to do anything with that situation.

I hate to agree with the others that have said it but Hodgson all over again, gutless stuff unbefitting of Liverpool Football Club.

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Just look at the last 14 league games that started with a loss to Utd
    Just 4 wins

16. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

That's what I can't get over attack from the off put them under pressure and then go to that shithole and play like a team that met on the bus for the first time. Shocking

17. prendy

prendy
    Expand Collapse

Was Can on the pitch?? Completely anonymous.
    Mingolet is a shocking keeper, I'm nervous every time he's near the ball so id be fairly sure our back 4 feel the same. Should have been caught out in the first half only for a woeful lob from Fellini.
    Our first choice left back is a right footed 18 year old. The lad has done ok granted but a right footer on the left cannot be your first choice.

Rodgers is completely clueless, can someone point out what our game plan was yesterday? To me it looked like we didn't have one. Ings and firmino out of position was a disaster and unfair on both players.

18. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

From what I can see it is far from being in meltdown, in fact Id say there is developing a certain meh attitude amongst our support. Witness the mass exodus of supporters at the end of the West Ham defeat. We are becoming more conditioned into accepting mediocrity, as though this is the way it should have to be. Those who defended Rodgers in the summer have little or no defence for him this season but for those who felt he should have been fired this start to the season is no surprise whatsoever in fact I'd say most seen it coming. He looks like a boxer on the ropes but at what point do FSG say enough is enough. I think he is going from game to game at this stage and that's not a healthy position for the club to be in.

Andrew likes this.
  19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Why are you tagging me in your little snide post? I give you the courtesy of honest debate.I stand by everything I said all along.It's very rarely definitive and I've been consistently saying tgat if he fails this season he'll be gone, ie. consistently acknowledging that he might fail.I make no apologies for giving BR patience and not going straight for a negative viewpoint when something's not certain because I "SUPPORT" Liverpool and I'm happy to take a positive viewpoint when I don't definitely know something.In my eyes that's what supporters do.You think I want to win any less than you? Or do you just think I'm some clueless mong who doesn't have the clarity of vision when it comes to football that you do? Whatever it is if you're going to be a little shithouse in your intractions with me then I'd probably prefer if you went and fucked yourself instead of trying to belittle me like I'm some deluded little idiot. @graham

20. graham

graham
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for posting that yesterday Mick it was just a joke. I apologise if I offended

babbsnads likes this.