This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool V Real Madrid 1/4 final 2nd leg

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by LFCRebel, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Well we maged to beat Messi and Barcelona 4-0 so a 2-0 win here should be no problem :) I'd have us favourites to go through if stadium was going to be full, unfortunately it won't be so we'll need all the 11 lads on it to go through.
    Reals squad has been named and Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Vasqeuz and Hazard are all out. Wouldn't be against playing Fab with Kabak and Milner in midfield but think Klopp will go different.

Ali
    Trent
    Kabak
    Nat
    Robbo
    Fab
    Gini
    Bobby
    Jota
    Sakah
    Mane

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

First and foremost go out to win the game. One nil will do until the 95th minute. Get an early goal and it will put the shits up them.

3. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

1-0 each half and I’m a happy man

4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Important not to go gung ho here. Its a sticky one but really we've got to look after ourselves defensively or it then has to go all helter-skelter and this season we've become pretty shit at helter-skelter.

I think the longer the game goes on where we've kept them at bay the more giddy I'll get about pulling this off. The first 20 is vital but not in the sense of a we need to score early way, I don't think it should hinge on that. More so in imposing ourselves while being bang on it defensively.
    Be patient, stay solid and rely on our big players to come up with big moment's and we could do this.

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think I'm generally an optimist when it comes to us, but I'm convinced this tie is done. They're a better team than us at the moment and have as much nous as anybody when it comes to handling European football. I don't like being this guy but I just can't see us going through.

Sib and IanoM7 like this.
  6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

If we don't match and or prepare for their "savvy" we're done. If we get at them and get in their heads that they don't have it their own way it could then go against them. If we do go out, I hope to fook its not because of 90 mins of cute hoorism against our innocents. We should be better than that by now.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

They played well against Barca at the weekend so going to be very hard to beat convincingly.

4-1 reds ;)

8. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

This is pretty much where I am at with this one.

Right up the spine of the team they have lads who have won 3/4 European cups in recent years so they know what to do in these situations.

They'll manage their way through it and I think we are in for a frustrating night.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Not given up on it but my confidence is lower due the lack of inspiration from the Villa game plus its Madrid .

Just need to keep it tight and no panic and has to be high intensity from the first whistle.

Quite a balancing act for Klopp in how much we go for it but I’m ah fuck it all guns blazing .

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Actually I thought the Villa home game was by far and away the best the team have looked going forward at home since Spurs game.

Shane_90 and bobby benitez like this.
  11. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

The only thing Madrid will be thinking about for this game is "Barcelona". Once that's in their heads, they've already lost. 2-0 Liverpool.

12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Going to need a big improvement for Madrid imo .

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Agreed but the Villa performance was so much better than Brighton, Burnley etc. Even if it had been 1-1 I would have though the same.

ROCCO likes this.
  14. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Full house here and i would be very confident of getting through.
    In reality, I think we will win but not by enough to go through.
    our shot conversion rate at home is awful so unless this improves, we will miss out

I would be tempted to leave Jota on the bench, only because he can have a bigger impact off the bench.

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Based on the first leg there's little to suggest Liverpool can do much against what looks to be a better team than us at the moment. I never rule out Liverpool particularly on big European nights but they usually involve a packed Anfield roaring the team on, that's not going to be an influence tomorrow night and I expect Madrid to have too much for us again on the night. We might huff and puff a lot in the early stages and look threatening but once the game settles down and the intensity drops I think Madrid will be comfortable.

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Tempted to leave Jota on bench? He should be one of first name on teamsheet. Era we might as well just hand them the tie now if that's the case. Fierce pessimism about the game on this thread. We know what we are missing but Real are missing Ramos, Varane and Hazard amongst others. We still have players like Ali, Fabinho, Salah and Jota who are excellent at what they do, we're not that much out of our depth. I'm going for home win, just hope it will be enough.

Garrett likes this.
  17. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

More pessimism here I'm afraid.
    Not looking forward to the game at all as I expect to be gutted at the final whistle whether we win the game or not.
    Can see Madrid scoring and can't see us getting 3.

18. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I hope there is a heap of revisionism after this as I am fully on board with us getting through
    That is not blind optimism but looking at where we got at them last week whilst shutting down their midfield potency
    2-0 win please and then onto the Chelski

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

It'll depend on which Liverpool turn up - the lads that are out for a friendly kick around with their mates - or the lads that have won both the PL and CL, in the last two years.

I'd start 3-4-3, to get our front four on the pitch, from the first whistle - we need goals and quickly, if it works, we can reshape later on in the game, if it doesn't, then it won't matter.

-----------Becker------------

--Trent---Kabak---Robertson--

-Gini----Fab----Bobby----Thiago-

---Salah ---Jota --- Mane---

#19 Garrett, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  20. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Mane to come out of his slump with a brace in a 2 nil win!