This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Some talk that Konate has already passed his medical and its almost finalised.

2. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Two chances that a medical was done in the middle of a season just after Leipzig said he is not for sale imo.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’ve always liked Konate a lot , goes back to watching Keita

Still would have huge worries about his injury record to be honest

#16243 ROCCO, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  4. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Personally think Leipzig would sell at this stage

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Was trying to look positively and agree with all points made but then she goes and says that "Liverpool's problem this season was not that their centre-backs are injury prone"

If Matip isn't an injury prone player then I don't know who is!

Garrett likes this.
  6. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Plus the fact he is playing for France in the U21 euros. Hard to know

7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Barcelona and Real talking to Haalands agent and father already. Looks like he's going to be talking to a number of clubs over the coming months. Do people thínk we'll throw our hat into the ring or will we just be content buying Mbappe? :)

8. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

His agent and dad filmed arriving in Barcelona. Call me cynical but usually the rich and famous can use the VIP exits and avoid being so visible to the public.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be fair it seems like they've been pretty open about what they're doing. Raiola is hawking him around the top clubs and wants everybody to know. Why Dortmund are standing for it is beyond me,he'll obviously leave at some point but have some pride and stand up for yourselves and your supporters.

10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Dortmund are getting 75m next summer, they can twice that now and seemingly have given them the price they want. They have pulled their pants down for money, its the price you pay for having a model such as theirs.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's not the fact they're willing to let him go that's embarrassing, it's the the way the process is being handled. He wants to leave as much as they want to sell him, so at the very least they could insist on a more tactful process to stop their supporters having their nose rubbed in it.

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure I get you, they bought from the devil knowning this was how he would behave. What options do you think have they but to suck it up? There is 80m on the line here and its not like Pogba where you could regain control of the situation, Dortmund are over a barrel here.

What I find interesting about this is Bayern's lack of involvement, they want no part. Either like me they think he's a bit shit or the trouble of the agent is just not worth it.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To me it's simple enough mate. Just tell Raiola to tout his player around like he would if the threat of tapping up was hanging over the clubs he's talking to,or else we'll report those clubs for tapping up. It's not like it's even any sort of imposition on Raiola. Just don't announce the clubs you're talking to,and don't be filmed doing it. It's basically the job every other agent in the world looking for a move for their under contract player manages with no issues.

14. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Apparently Aguero seems to have made it known he wants to stay in the premier league for one more season.

scousedub likes this.
  15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Might just be that their main concern is how much they get for him and getting it sorted ASAP so they know how much they have to work with in the summer. Dortmund aren't really losing too much face as this is their operating model and they bought him knowing they were a stop gap for him. Sounds like they're going to turn a very very nice profit here.

16. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Aguero or Suarez so as 3rd choice #9?

I can't even imagine the amount of fookery required for a non Sheikh club to bag Haaland

Barca barely able to afford Gini's wages.

#16256 mushypea, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking at it from the point of view of a Dortmund supporter and German clubs have a reputation of showing their supporters the utmost respect,because their supporters demand it. I honestly don't think using the leverage they have in consideration for their supporters has to effect the sale price in any way. Raiola would be doing the same thing,just with a bit more tact. On the other hand if they've just accepted they have no leverage whatsoever here, what happens if Haaland sets his heart on Barca and is determined to go there rather than anywhere else? There's their auction gone. Unless they show a bit of bollocks here they're dependent on Raiola not to do a deal that screws them over. Not a position I'd want my club to be in.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think they're happy one way or another Mick, they've set the fee for him to go this season, if that's met he goes now for that price and everyone is happy. If he ends up staying until next summer then Dortmund have one of the best strikers in the world for another season on their books and a guaranteed sale price at the end of that season which will still show a great return. I think Raiola is the one desperate for a move this year, makes no difference to him where Halaand is playing but he makes way more cash if he moves this summer.

If I'm a Dortmund fan I'm not too pissed about it, they knew he was signed on what was essentially a max two year deal and if the club reinvests the sales proceeds then all is good. It might make things a bit rocky for Halaand if a move doesn't go through this summer but that's his problem.

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If they'd be happy for him to stay then I'd be even more baffled that they're just sitting back and allowing Raiola's carry on mate. I agree no matter what happens they'll have gotten a great return on their investment but that's not necessarily how football works. If you have an asset worth 150m and you don't get 150m when he leaves,you've let your club down. If you have extremely loyal fans who deserve respect and you don't give them that respect,then you've let them down. If you can very easily avoid letting the club down and letting the fans down, why wouldn't you?

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The asset is only worth 150 million if someone is willing to pay it and I expect he'll be gone if that valuation is met (though they've said 180 I think). I think you just see this as more of a slight on the club that I'm just not seeing so I am happy to accept we both might just see the disrespect differently on this one so everything else just falls off that.