This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool V Spurs 16th December

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by LFCRebel, Dec 16, 2020.

1. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I never do this shit but cant help the buzz I'm on and I can't get it out of my head

"Have you seen our lad Curtis Jones"

2. MR KING KENNY

MR KING KENNY
    Expand Collapse

Watched the game on Bein sports. Richard Keys is a dope.. Never mentioned how good Liverpool were, just bitched over and over about our 2nd saying it was a foul and how var didn't spot it.

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Spurs were too tonight

glen likes this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't see it that way, it was tight and everyone was playing well. I would have taken off Williams with 20 to go and stuck Hendo at CB and get Ox on for long-range shots.

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Very little mentioned about the Spurs goal probably because we won. It looks offside to me more than Mane against Everton

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

7. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Whooooopydooooo ! Love ya Bobby Dazzler:D
    What an early Christmas treat to beat them horrible b#stards & hateful cnut jose:D:D:D

Fair play to Jones, had a good game as did alot of others...
    We had a fair few fairy shots throughout though:rolleyes:

What a cnut the ref was throughout!:mad: my footage was stop start for a while but I thought I seen holberg take the 2 legs from under gini in 1st half without a yellow given ???!
    As for the var for their poxy goal, did the pricks spend what, all of 10 seconds looking at it?!:mad: if it was us they'd have 3 or 4 lines up & down & across the pitch. Yet they had 1 zoomed out photo still with one THICK line drew across the pitch:rolleyes:

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Wijnaldum was man of the match tonight imo. Great in possession and defensively.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The consensus in the media is Spurs proved their title credentials in this game and that suits us down to the ground. Now every dropped point is a blow to their chances of winning the league and they can have the pressure that goes with it. Personally I'm still far more concerned about City,but if Spurs are challenging,the earlier the media get on board with that the better.

flies likes this.
  10. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

What a performance dominated that game despite what blind jose says but that's vintage jose stirr shit post match to distract people from hes tactics. Anyone of the mf 3 could have won MOTM all were outstanding but for me Jones just nicked it, if he keeps playing like that he should feel hard done by when he gets dropped for thiago in a few wks time. Young Williams was outstanding too. I watched on Premier sports I dunno what game their panel were watching cunningham claimed it was one of the poorest performances this season thats the point where I changed to bake off as there was more sense there . I taught the ref had a nightmare tbh really poor performance we should have gotten a peno first half aswell I taught spurs were lucky to finish wit 11 . But we march on, top of the pl.

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ah the expected Jose meltdown makes this all the sweeter for us, Jose really is a bitter bitter man but the less attention paid to him the better off everyone would be. I see a few comments about the referree having a shocker and I have to say I didn't really notice too much, he gave Aurier a very soft free late on in the game but I thought he let the game flow reasonably well.

12. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He completely ignored the man handling of mane all game then blew more often than not going the other way. He was very poor all round.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The ref was awful. It was the type of performance that goes under the radar unless it's your team he's screwing. There was a very different standard of what constituted a foul for each team,which is a huge deal when the team benefitting from the difference in standards whole gameplan is to spoil the game. There will be 50 refereeing performances this season better than his that will get hammered,because they'll involve a major error as opposed to 25 smaller ones. The situation with Sissoko was just fuckin weird. He got caught in possession 3 times with challenges that weren't fouls by normal standards,never mind the ones he was applying to Spurs. I'd love to sit down with Anthony Taylor and show him all the comparisons and get him to explain his thought process. Then I'd ask him how he managed to be the only kid in the history of Wythenshawe who loved football and managed to grow up not supporting Man U or Man City. Altrincham FC? Fuck off.

Dubfan, Sib, bobby benitez and 2 others like this.
  14. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Obviously I'm hugely biased but I really think we don't get the so called "home" decisions that most teams get. The ref was getting ironically cheered when he did actually give us a free. Spurs had free rein to kick Gini and Bobby all night. At least two of their players were lucky not to go for persistent fouling but the ref didn't even give a free for some of it, never mind a card.

I fully expected the Mourinho interview and I laughed my way through it. He wants people talking about him and what he said. Won't wash Mourinho, you set your team up to sit in the 18 yard box and got caught, deservedly. On your way. And another ex-Liverpool manager will take points from you at the weekend.

I was crying out for Ox to come on. My biggest criticism was that we wanted to work it through a packed box too much, needed someone to shoot from distance a couple of time.

No talk about Dier throwing himself to the ground when he knew he was out of position on the corner, trying to get the goal disallowed for a foul.

Don't know what match the lads in the Premier Sports Studio were watching. Kenny reckons there is more than one way to "dominate" a game. You can dominate a game with 25% possession apparently. Game plan check, effective, arguably (although they still lost), dominate? Get a dictionary Kenny man.

Sib and babbsnads like this.
  15. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Cunningham is a fuckin bellend some prize clown analysis from him

flies likes this.
  16. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

1000% with all this he was very poor most of the game. Imagine an "amateur " organisation like the GAA don't let ref from the same county reffing games yet a huge organisation like the PL can have men born and rared in an area ref teams from that area or ref there biggest rivals, beggars belief really.

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough I have to say it didn't really stick out to me too much but maybe it was the fact that it was just a lot of little ones rather than any major f*ck ups that made it look more competent than it was.

mushypea likes this.
  18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Did think it was a bit mad that there were no subs brought on. We might see Naby and Ox on Saturday

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Mourinho is a master of the shithouse tactics and gauging refs. Without wanting to stereotype a whole nation,the Portuguese are world leaders in it. Early on they were doing that thing where you have a little kick at our player after he's passed the ball,took Wijnaldums boot off at one point. In reality intentionally kicking a player when the ball is gone is a yellow card,you very rarely get it for the first couple though but the refs reaction is something you can gauge and then act accordingly. Then the stamp on the foot after the balls played is the next step. The one where the commentator says its unintentional. If you're still not getting yellow cards at that point,you're golden. If you're really lucky you get an opposing player to react. This is all without how you're buying free kicks,as you say it was the first thing that came into Diers head when he found himself out of position. Mourinho has always placed importance on the gains you can get from those things. I'm watching Henderson out on the right with Sissoko all over him,shouting at him to go down so we have a free in a dangerous area rather than a throw in or Mane waiting until he has 3 players manhandling him before he goes down,and I'm wondering if we need to be cuter?

20. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah I was watching it with the brother and said that much as you hate to see players throwing themselves down, we were getting absolutely nothing for staying on our feet. Both Sissoko and Aurier got 5-6 frees between them for nothing. Lose the ball, throw yourself down, get free, repeat....

bobby benitez and babbsnads like this.