This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Chelsea Away 03/03 FA Cup

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Mar 2, 2020.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've never put myself in a situation where I've celebrated us losing a game like you are but I understand your unique circumstances on this one.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  2. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

The fact that it was booked in November meant it was always an option and the closer it became the worse I felt about it, problem.solved tonight though thank fcuk

3. Brian Boru

Brian Boru
    Expand Collapse

We have lost our spark. Lackluster. The mid season break was a disaster for us. Our players got too unwound in the middle of the season when they were flying prior to the break. They need to ramp it up. Hendo in hindsight is badly needed. I know it's possible that we can beat Athletico but I can't see how at the moment . That said I thought we were gone against Barca. Hopefully a victory over Bournemouth will settle us . I hope Hendo is back soon. Win the next two games and we are 100% back on track.

#103 Brian Boru, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp tells BBC Sport: "I would really like if you stop mentioning it (the Watford loss). But we deserved to lose because they scored twice and we made massive mistakes for both goals.

"After that it was a completely open game, we had three-four shots in a row in the first half and Sadio Mane was close to finishing but the intensity of the game is why we made some changes. We needed fresh legs and then it needs to settle a bit but conceding does not help. The boys reacted well, I liked it but the second goal is a problem and Chelsea defended physically well.

"We are not unlucky in these moments, we looked good and Adrian made a superb save initially before the first goal. We have to be ready in the moments. We played Chelsea and they play in counter-attacks and that is OK, in moments they struggled with us. A lot of parts of the performance I really liked. We know we have to improve, it is not about destiny, not about not clicking here or there, it is all about us and we have to take it in the right way. It is not the best three weeks of the whole season but it is a a chance to make it the best three weeks now and that is the plan.

"We are not interested in Atletico Madrid, it is all about Bournemouth. They are fighting with all they have and they did really well against Chelsea. Nobody has to feel sorry for us, we will win football games and that is what we want to do on Saturday."

ROCCO, GaryMc, Fran74 and 2 others like this.
  5. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It's been 4plus years and Klopp doesn't value the domestic cups too highly whether rightly or wrongly. We all know by now he sticks to his principles so as annoying as it might be we should never be surprised when we get knocked out of these competitions. I never fail to get pissed off when we get knocked out of them, as we all know things can change very quickly in football.

Brian Boru likes this.
  7. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I liked the team on paper when I saw it so no complaints there. The lads who came in were poor enough but then so were the regulars

It may be just human nature when you're so far ahead and it's difficult to maintain it. I spent 18 months kicking every ball with the team but since Wolves away it's been done and the feeling has changed in me at least anyway subconsciously

8. Happy Wednesdays

Happy Wednesdays
    Expand Collapse

We'll get our mojo back next Wednesday night against Atletico. It's exactly the game we need and we'll kick on again til the end of the season.

After the 2019 calendar year we had there was always going to be a blip.

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Actually thought he had a decent first half. One great ball in for Mane and some decent runs. Second half though he was non existent.

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Game on Saturday first tho

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Another bad result, frustrating, but life goes on.....

It was good to see a few of the young lads start, they need game time and experience, and this competition has facilitated that, just as with earlier rounds. I thought Origi was poor, didn't think much of any of our back four and as for the midfield, it just didn't deliver either...

If we have to lose a few games this season, I rather it was a loss in the FA Cup tonight, and not in the League.

I pray that Klopp tells the lads to go on an all out attack for our next game, win it by any margin, be it 1-0, or 5-4. If we get a win under our belt, it'll help the confidence. Score a bag of goals and it'll be even better. Clean sheets are nice, but right not, its only the wins that matter.

#111 Garrett, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  12. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Good to have Milner back, for me he gives you a little bit of what we miss in Hendersons absence. Anyway would have loved to go unbeaten and win the FA cup but would happily settle for for where we are now. Not too much travelling in our next few games, hopefully our crowd can get the players going again.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not an excuse as Chelsea fully deserved their win but that's twice in 3 days I've watched that ref and he's fucking awful.

mushypea, IanoM7 and bobby benitez like this.
  14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

If he gives the most bleeding obvious foul and yellow card for the foul on Mane then Fab doesn't get booked and is has able bring down Barkley and avoid the second goal.

babbsnads likes this.
  15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

The manhandling and groping of VVD when we get a corner will become a hashtag movement in years to come.
    Weinstein was convicted for less.

liverpool4life and bobby benitez like this.
  16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind the ref, did you get your daughter to fix that bracelet yet?? I'm sick of people blaming others and not taking responsibility themselves

17. Shay

Shay
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thought he was very disappointing all round last night, as was Fabinho. Should have stuck a challenge on Barkely for the second but had just been booked so probably played a part in him holding back.

It took Ox a few games to find his form again, hoping the same is the case for Fab

18. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

Can we just forget that I said this. Don’t want yous all thinking I’m a plastic fan and only support us when we are winning. The frustration got the better of me, apologies.

mushypea and babbsnads like this.
  19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Jesus forgotten mate, we've all been there. I'm still pissed at being out, Just enjoy the fact the leagues on the way and soon :)

Garyoc97 likes this.
  20. up the pool

up the pool
    Expand Collapse

Last time I checked shots on target don't win you the game if they don't go in