This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

How Good Is This Team

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by AWB89, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Ricky mcmahon

Ricky mcmahon
    Expand Collapse

Sorry what ?

2. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

What are you smoking??

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Crazy how one match can affect people’s judgement on a team. Listening to a few goons today talking about how this Liverpool team hasn’t got what it takes to win the CL, forgetting the same team won it last year

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Let it breeze over you as best you can. Since it became obvious a few months back that we were winning the league the script has been rewritten so many times to try and plausibly explain away Liverpool having the highest ever lead in the PL. The invincibles thing has been floated just in the hope that we lose a game and it can be marked down as a failure. The PL has apparently become a vastly inferior league since last season and that's the only reason we're leading it. The injuries City picked up of course are the other reason and we obviously haven't had any injuries all season. Oh and of course VAR which is ruining the game is very clearly bring used to manipulate the league to gift us a win. My advice to everyone is to ignore all of it, winning the league was the sole aim at the start of the year and we've achieved that, a CL last year and a PL the year after is an incredible achievement, we're in Dreamland so don't let anyone spoil it by hanging irrelevant things over it.

And it's worth noting also that we are still very much in the CL so nothing is over on that front yet.

GaryMc and Brian Boru like this.
  5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Well it wasn't the sole aim but I get what you're saying

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Don't be greedy now :D

7. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

And to add to ed's post...people love nothing more than to moan and complain and some Liverpool fans are in the world class category. They have been given very little ammo this season so will jump on every opportunity...the reaction after the Shrewsbury draw was absolutely insane by some of our fans

8. Ricky mcmahon

Ricky mcmahon
    Expand Collapse

Lads I’m not saying anything bad here I know Liverpool are going to be sitting happy on the 12th of March looking forward to the next round draw. One thing I will say though Europe is a tougher competition then the premier league this season look at Atalanta last night nobody seen that coming great to see small clubs with passion hunger and great supporters to be performing well on the big scene

9. Ricky mcmahon

Ricky mcmahon
    Expand Collapse

Buddy my point is we have had the league wrapped up since before Christmas not taking away from Liverpool or anything been over twice this season already enjoyed every minute of it.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Could a small club like Atalanta doing well not also be used as proof the CL is of a lesser standard this year? Also Leipzig pissing all over last years finalists and Barcelona struggling in general could also be a sign that the CL is weak. And the bookies favourites for the CL being 22 points behind the PL leaders is a head scratcher.

Or you could apply your theory of small teams getting results proving the CL is stronger to the PL and say there was 2 teams who got to within 1 win of 100 points last season but only 1 will get to that this season,showing the improvement in the rest of the league. For instance,the bottom team beat the CL favourites.

AWB89 likes this.
  11. Ricky mcmahon

Ricky mcmahon
    Expand Collapse

Totally understand your point i can see exactly where your coming from we all have one thing in common here in this group and that is Liverpool football club I feel I have been slagged here over my comments in the group I cause no harm to anybody I’m just expressing my opinions

babbsnads likes this.
  12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I don't think anybody meant any harm mate,sometimes some of us can come across as a bit abrupt without realising it but I can completely see where you're coming from. Welcome to the site.

LFCRebel and vodkacolly like this.
  13. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I usually realise I'm doing it

liverpool4life and vodkacolly like this.
  14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

We do too mate :)

babbsnads likes this.
  15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I gathered that pal:) I do most of the time myself,hence the "sometimes" ,but the first reply to him was a joke that could come across as abrupt but I'm assuming wasnt meant to.and I don't think most of the posts talking about peoples reaction were even aimed at him(abrupt is probably the wrong word there) I purposely overuse "mate" and "pal" in posts to try and avoid it.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

FFS I thought we were mates!

vodkacolly, Stevie S and babbsnads like this.