This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Why dont we get credit ?

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by flies, Feb 25, 2019.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

He's seems to manage too every time someone scores against us.

Stevie S and babbsnads like this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the first part but I cant agree that Tyler doesn't have some sort of dislike for us. I like to think I'm a pretty rational football fan but his commentary goes beyond biased with us and I took a lot longer to come to that conclusion than most who feel like that,it became unavoidable.

bobby benitez likes this.
  3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I don't think he'd even deny it, his contempt is obvious. It's one thing with Neville that I respect, he absolutely hates everything about our club, he'd love to see us relegated but he calls it fair when he commentates and does punditry about our games

babbsnads likes this.
  4. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Well he supports United doesnt he? And I think the commentator is naturally drawn to the underdog as it's easier to talk up a match that has a bit of a story. Doubt he would have got too excited watching City pump Villa today

Not my favourite commentator but dont think hes crossing a line with his stance on liverpool

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I might add that I hate that Carra goes too far the other way with Utd, I think he's very aware of his hatred and over plays how fair he has to be. But that's just me wishing he'd call them c*unts and have a good laugh at their current situation.

red2005 likes this.
  6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think Carra is a terrible pundit when it comes to Liverpool. His emotion gets the better of him and he gets a bit hysterical. He's like your pessimistic mate who makes mountains out of mole hills when things aren't going perfect for us.

7. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I don't think we get the credit we deserve, apparently the PL is the weakest league of the top 5 and we are playing at a time when it is so bad it makes us look better than we are, WTF. City were playing in the same league the last two wins but were just awesome, can only take it as anti- Liverpool bias.
    We CL, Supercup and CWC champions, soon to be PL champions but we are lucky to be were we are.
    Having had the joy of watching us in the 70's and 80's, yes football existed before the PL, I think people are afraid we will dominate again like that. I firmly believe that if it wasn't for Heysel we would be up there with Real for CL's. England and Europe don't want it happening again.

red2005 likes this.
  8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Fook em all. Couldn't give a fiddlers if other fans, commentators or media never gave us credit for what we're doing. This is our time in the limelight, milk it for all its worth as we know it wont last forever. Knowing that City, Utd and Chelsea fans etc who just love singing about Stevie G are hurting like mad atm is enough for me :)

gowinit6times likes this.
  9. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Couldn’t give two hoots over what level of credit or platitudes we receive, should we win the League title everything else is largely irrelevant as far as Im concerned. Records are nice but I also couldn’t care less how many points we end up on be it 85, 95 or 105 just as long as we lift the trophy. We suffered for long enough and this won’t last forever.

bobby benitez likes this.
  10. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Who gives a fuck? Only thing that mildly bothers me is this talk comparing us with the invincibles. They'd not get near us.... They got 90 points and drew 12 games! And I don't care what anyone says the league back then was way way inferior.
    You just have to look at the mamagers in the league at the time, none of them would get jobs in the championship now let alone premier league... Souness, Curbishly, Coleman, Eddie Gray, Mickey Adams, Mcclaren, Paul Sturrock, David Pleat, Dave Jones.
    The quality of the league was poor back then and they drew 12... We've drooped 2 points in a league where 7 teams from that league are still in europe after Christmas...

Turns out i do give a little bit of a fuck...

I do think in years to come this team will go down as one of the very best of all time, we just haven't won the league yet is all.
    And there is a massive negative bias against Liverpool but I enjoy that, means you're doing well and basically that's respect.

Liverpool-law, LFCRebel and mushypea like this.
  11. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Tyler is the worst of them. Every sentence he mentions about us seems to have a negative slant on it. So unprofessional. All we can do is keep putting the wins on the board and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Having Chelsea and Arsenal in our last three games works in our favour too. The way the fixtures fall can be a great help. Anyway, win our next two games against United and Wolves and I will breathe easier. If we break a few more records on the way, all the better.

12. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Ya know da way it will roll, aslong as we stay undefeated we will continuously compared to the invincibles, if we loss a game we arent as great as city and if our lead falls below the 10 point mark we're bottling it again. Like most id dont care what do aslong as we win it.

13. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Those eejits Keane and Evra sayin how we have to win more PL titles to be considered a great team, undeated in 1001 days, 91 points oit of a possible 93 , aswell as 3 trophies already of late, why does it centre around the PL to these fools if we win the CL again this yr will we still be just a good team. To a degree it makes me laugh how pundits and others alike hate us so much they just cant see the green grass when its right in front of them, we are great and we'll just get greater.

14. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

We are a great team but I can understand what they were trying to get across , we need a sustained period of trophy domination
    Also I doubt we are 1001 days undefeated , we lost in Jan 19 so unless we are using dog years that's not right

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

At home in PL

robbie st leger and flies like this.
  16. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't get why anyone gives a shit about credit from elsewhere or being a considered a great team or not. I won't get any more satisfaction if Roy Keane or Patrice Evra says we're great.

red2005, Colm75 and GaryMc like this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Why does anybody care about anything any pundit says? Its human nature Bob,people want their teams to be given credit when they feel its deserved and whether we're a great team or not is an interesting topic. Who credits us and who doesn't wont take anything away from the experience for me and the vast majority of what pundits say is meaningless,but I'm still interested in what a lot of them have to say.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Psychologists would call it external validation. Typically it comes from wanting to have self esteem validated by someone in a position of power or someone who you respect. It comes from one of the emotive centres of the brain so it's not an easy one to control or switch off.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I like watching the prematch and after match stuff, I'm interested in their insight into why x, y and z happened. I don't even mind them comparing this side to any other from the past it's just the idea of being upset by it baffles me.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'd be lying if I said I never get annoyed by anything pundits say but I take everything on it's own merits. I do be baffled when fans get annoyed by things like combined 11's or when Brendan Rodgers used to say things like "character" or got his teeth whitened but lack of integrity annoys me and sometimes so does stupidity.