This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Dub13, Jul 11, 2015.

1. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

When I tried using avios points, I still had to pay the taxes and these were as much I would have expected to pay for the flight anyway!! Did you get by hit with the taxes?

2. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

Ah yeah I still had to pay taxes to they weren’t much at all like from what I can remember still kinda consider free from ordinary cost was you know.

sligo fan likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Richard Keogh sacked by Derby. His team mates that were actually committing a crime got fined 6 weeks wages. Surely they have lwft themselves wide open to be sued massive amounts.

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Called it the day of their announcement that they were up to something very odd by isolating him in the press release and now their motivation is clear. The other boys are younger and saleable, he's a crock till the end of his contract but I have to believe they've left themselves wide open as you've said. He has a contract like the other two and he wasn't even one of the ones driving!

thenewguy likes this.
  5. mike

mike
    Expand Collapse

Good run out here tonight for a few new faces. Sweet strike by Maguire, up the Cats ☺

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Ireland down to 3rd in the group. The mad thing is if we beat Denmark 1 nil we will have the same amount of points, scored 15 goals less yet we would go through.

7. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

3 are not renewing their sponsorship of ireland
    FAI will be lucky if slatterys bar sponsor them :D

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

So the FAI is in €55 million of debt and JD walked away with €462K. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

They will be debt free by 2020, as the great Dustin has often said they didn't say which 2020.

GaryMc likes this.
  10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

No sponsor from next year either.

it’s mad how that 100k basically brought down the organisation. In years to come football people in Ireland should be grateful to the journalist who didn’t back down.
    Had they backed down, Delaney would be spoofing about Euro 2020 in Dublin and how the future was bright.

11. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The fact that there has been a Garda referral suggests that the management of the FAI have been conducting something illegal.
    They're all resigning and you can be guaranteed they are all covered in Teflon and there won't be anything done about the state they have left Football in, in this country. No longer a viable concern FFS.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Going to be very interesting to see if any criminal proceedings will eventually come to Delaney.
    Some of the stories in the papers today are not that shocking however it’s what they don’t know that is probably even more worrying

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I was refereeing at one of Dublins most successful teams this morning. JD's face is everywhere from the day they opened their new clubhouse. Got me thinking that this will be the case all over the country, he's about to become the Jimmy Saville of football, framers all over the land will be making a killing replacing the picture of him.

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Local club in Monaghan ‘stadium’ is named after him. Some interesting Facebook discussions about it in the next few days

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

FAI refusing to attend the Oireachtas committee tomorrow.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Is there anyway for the Govt. to change the responsible body for soccer in Ireland and replace this kip with a new appropriately structured organisation. I genuinely don't believe the FAI will ever be clean, too much history and culture of swindling.

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

UEFA and FIFA don't allow government interference in football. What you have suggested would most likely lead to the banning of all Irish international side's from all UEFA and FIFA competitions. By the sounds of things the banks may make the decision for them and shut it down.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

UEFA and Fifa turn a blind eye to government interference when it suits. The Russian and Chinese governments are heavily involved in all their international sporting bodies,the Chinese don't even try to hide it. Neither organisation could give a fuck though if we disappeared as a football entity so we wouldnt get away with it.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

We don't grease their palms or at least it isn't in the open yet that JD did. We also don't have state run media organisations that UEFA and FIFA can point to as proof of no interference. The mess is such that shutting it down and starting from scratch appears the best option unless someone like Denis O'Brien or JP McManus want to make a sizable donation.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Maybe taking the hit of sanctions would be worth it in the long run so we could start all over again? The government get it up and running with a structure that gives the type of prominence and support to the LOI that other nations do to their national leagues and then hand it over to an independent body with measures put in place to guarantee transparency and accountability. I realise I'm fuckin dreaming here and theres an irony in allowing politicians to sort out the mess caused by internal politics in Irish football.

Dubfan likes this.