This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

LFC small talk

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Dub13, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Has got to be the strangest court action I've ever heard of....

New Balance are taking the club to court so they can continue on in contract with and give them MORE money than they currently do every year.

Bet the players are watching with interest, New Balance never clashed with boot deals, but Nike sure as hell will. There'll be money on offer for plenty of the lads if the club moves to Nike.

2. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Surely the global appeal of Nike outweighs New Balance for the club. Same price but far more positives going with Nike.

3. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I have always liked the Warrior/NB home kits. Some really nice ones. This year's being a belter.

Nike are one design fits all shyte. Same kit for each club in different colours.

This seems to be as much about the distribution network of Nike as it is about price.I know its all about the ££££ but I'd much prefer NB.

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I don't really mind which one we go for, I'm sure there's nothing morally between them so whoever pays us more money is the better option.

Beano87 likes this.
  5. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

spot on

6. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool set to appoint Porto coach Vitor Matos to smooth path from academy to first team.

Jürgen Klopp is set to bolster his Liverpool coaching staff with the appointment of Porto coach Vitor Matos.

Standard Sport understands the Portuguese is close to finalising a move to Anfield, where he will take on the responsibility of helping bridge the gap between the academy and Melwood for the Reds' talented youngsters.

It is a role previously performed by Pepijn Lijnders prior to his promotion from first-team development coach to assistant manager following Zeljko Buvac's shock departure.

Matos once worked alongside Lijnders at Porto, a club where he has enjoyed two separate spells in various roles.

The 31-year-old first joined the reigning Primeira Liga champions in 2011, working as an opposition scout before taking on the job of B team assistant boss.

A 2016 switch to Chinese club Shandong Luneng Taishan followed, but Matos returned to his homeland and former club two years later.

He has since been working once again as assistant for Porto B, but is now readying himself to take on a new challenge in England.

With talks progressing well, the appointment could be confirmed by Liverpool before the end of the week.

Source: @LynchStandard

Brendinho likes this.
  7. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Vitor Matos has officially joined the Liverpool FC staff as elite development coach.

He moves to the Reds from FC Porto, where he served as assistant coach of the Portuguese club’s B Team, who play in the country’s second tier, in 2018-19.
    That was Matos’ second spell with Porto and followed two years in China, where he was youth technical coordinator and U16 head coach for Shandong Luneng.
    At Liverpool, the 31-year-old takes up the position previously held by current Reds assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders, who also switched to Merseyside from Porto.
    Jürgen Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “We’ve worked for a while on it. We had the idea that it makes real sense because we have so many outstanding, young boys.
    “The situation is a little bit like this: if you are in pre-season, they are with us and we need them for training, for the games and all that stuff. But then the season starts and all the big guns come back and we don’t want to give them the feeling they are now a bit further away again.
    “So we thought it made sense that they really get their specific coach again what Pep did years ago when I came in. I loved the fact I got a sensational assistant manager, but we lost the development coach a little bit.
    “We had to fill that void and we’ve done that with a really great guy, an outstanding coach. Young and experienced, you don’t get that a lot. A kind of guy who is used to having six or seven sessions a day.
    “He is smart, his English is very good – which is obviously important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep is from there as well.
    “He had made his own experience already and now we can all get the benefit of that. It will be great for the boys 100 per cent.
    “We have to introduce him to the boys, but he will do that today.”
    Vitor – who holds the UEFA Elite Youth A Licence – had previously built up a wealth of experience at Porto between 2011 and 2016, taking up a variety of roles at different age groups.
    That encompassed head coach roles at U10, U12 and U14 level, U15s and U17s assistant coach positions, and opposition scouting for U19s and Porto B.

8. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

The club are opening up shop in liffey valley shopping centre soon

9. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Pop up shop

There will be a few of them around the country for a set time

10. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

Was just scrolling through Instagram and saw a football coaching page post and one of the kids was wearing this jersey. Can someone tell me when this was from cause I seriously don’t remember it at all? Did we even wear it at all?

Attached Files:

11. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

No sign of it here.
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool-change-kits.html

Garyoc97 likes this.
  12. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

A training top or dodgy Spanish market seller outfit?

13. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

14. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

Probably the latter, can’t remember it being a training top cause I probably would have got it because I actually think it’s a lovely top.

15. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that's my take on it too. All the Nike ones are same design for loads of teams and just change the colour. The NB ones gave us our own shirts unique to us, which is something I liked.
    Like you I haven't worn a football shirt in yonks, gone far too auld. But it's a pet hate of mine when loads of teams have the same shirt and you just edit the colour/crest.
    Tiny, trivial, thing in the grand scheme of things admittedly. But there ya go....
    Anyway, from a court/legal point of view, if it's in NB's contract that they be given the opportunity to match any newcomer's offer and they did, then surely NB have good ground for their case, no?

Anyway, furthest thing from my mind last weekend but international breaks do that to you. Only an hour til Turkey v Albania kicks off ;)

16. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

I think the club are arguing that NB can’t match the production and distribution channels offered by Nike. NB struggle to meet the demand for jerseys and can’t match the retail opportunities that Nike have throughout the globe. Club basically saying they would shift more jerseys if they signed with Nike.

17. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense alright. But looking at it from NB's side, they have a contract that says they have the option to match any rival's offer so surely the case looks tipped in their favour, I would have thought.
    Then again, maybe its the usual legal posturing and then Nike pay off NB to bugger off before it reaches court or something.

18. steve_r

steve_r
    Expand Collapse

Danny Mills stirring the pot - Utd fans can't argue with him which is the best bit:

Skintown Red likes this.
  19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Yes Gomez, Ox, Milner and Keita would start at Utd and probably Shaqiri and Lallana too.

20. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Danny mills is a cunt of the highest order

Hes spoken pony about us enough times, tries to be controversial to keep himself in work