This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Best time to book flights

Discussion in 'Travel' started by KOPSTAR, Oct 12, 2019.

1. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Any info would be great on booking flights .Days, months,weeks before you travel,or just keep checking and what best sites to check thanks

2. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Sorry wrong section

3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Theres no miracle info on cheap flights really

Taking a gamble on certain games is one of the ways that worked before

This is alot harder now with all the different tv slots

Trying different airports can often be cheaper too

KOPSTAR and Beano87 like this.
  4. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

Once the game is confirmed for TV there's no good time to book flights to Liverpool Airport. The price only goes one way and that's not down. Manchester can be handy with a train station located in the airport usually about 40 mins to an hour depending on stops. Birmingham, Leeds and East Midlands are also alternative options woth usually cheaper flights but more travel involved. As said previously taking a gamble on kick off time being moved is one way if doing it but even at that it's hard to tell and still may not be cheap. For example if we play Arsenal Wolves or United and there's Europa league on that week you'll know it won't be the Saturday. Or if we're down to play on the Tuesday in the champions league we will have to play the Saturday before(or Friday in rare cases)

KOPSTAR likes this.
  5. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Thanks lads

Kop202 likes this.
  6. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

Wondering same thing myself about flights. Prices can go up or down at a moments notice from what I can see. I'd say if flights are out of reach money wise the rail and sail sounds like a very good alternative. Flying from ireland to other airports in uk other than liverpool or maybe manc airport involve too much travelling for me personall.

7. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Train from Birmingham and Leeds is shorter than holyhead to Liverpool...plus your only looking at a 40 minute flight compared to a 2 hour or more boat journey.

KOPSTAR likes this.
  8. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

If you miss the value on flights in the first place, the cheapest they'll get again is around 3 to 4 weeks before the date. Ni real logic to it but I've seen it a lot

xRedmanLFCx and KOPSTAR like this.
  9. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

That's good to know. Only thing is I'd be afraid of missing the connections or delays between connections. I hate waiting. Will watch these options for the next time for sure

KOPSTAR likes this.
  10. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Great info lads cheers

11. dogrady26

dogrady26
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for going off topic a bit. Have a day trip booked for Palace away but just wondering if there is a no deal Brexit on October 31st could that scupper me getting the 20:10 flight home from Gatwick after the game? It's a 3pm kick-off and Selhurst station is only 20/25 minute train from Gatwick so in current circumstances I would make that flight with ease but just wondering if Brexit would create a big delay and scupper me

12. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

I'm on that flight home also at the minute but debating whether I spend a night out in London also so have the Stansted flight home the following morning also booked as back up.