This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post on September 22, 2019.

“It is alleged that the Manchester City player’s activity breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.”

I am not sure where they're going to go with this, is he going to end up with a few game ban?

2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Some good points in there Mick but all those mentioned are essentially working professionally within football.

It's through their jobs that Hogenstein and Reddy got their access to Klopp which in turn resulted in their knowledge of his ways. I have no issue with professional journalists being pundits like on the BT goals show. My issue is with RTE, they only have 1 game of football per week in the champions league plus a few international. There is room for 3 paid pundits and 1 is a woman with no more right to be there than me, I have seen Liverpool play over 1000 matches, played thousands of amateur 11 and 5 aside games,that qualifies me as much as it does her. If they must have a woman let her present the show. Maybe for equality they would consider having a man on the panel for the Camogie final next year.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Incredible comments from Sadlier last night on the late late show, he was abused as a 14 year old by a therapist he was seeing about an injury. I didn't see the interview but just reading up about it this morning.

4. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Joanne Cantwell is good on the GAA. Dunno what her background is. Most of the women are brutal though, that one should never have been on RTE during the week, just ticking a box

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Joanne is a presenter in fairness, different role but the lady on RTE during the week was probably no worse than your average rubbish make pundit but agreed she was only a box ticking exercise. It's where we're going though.

6. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

She is a former Ladies Senior Football player for Dublin so has played the game at a high enough level. She for me seems to have a good knowledge of the modern game and tactics involved so can query the GAA (dinosaurs) pundits well and challenge their inputs.

7. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Yep agreed. Her questions seem to indicate a good understanding of the game. Nothing awkward about them and the answer she gets ahe actually does something with it rather than plough on to the next one regardless of the response

8. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Interesting two ex Liverpool managers in the top 4. Also wonder how United 2 big summer signings feel watching there old clubs ahead of them in the table.

9. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Bloody hell palace

10. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Budesliga. Top 5 all on 14 points. 6th has 13.

Beanokelly and redabbey like this.
  11. Brian Treacy

Brian Treacy
    Expand Collapse

Crystal Palace are playing some nice ball under Roy.

12. Brian Treacy

Brian Treacy
    Expand Collapse

Wolves might find form after their great win over City.

13. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

Silva has been given an extension to answer the FA misconduct charge over his Mendy tweet

He now has until Monday, October 21 to respond, originally he had until Wednesday, October 9 to answer the charge. If he ends up with a ban it will probably rule him out of the game against us

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Needs a full month to come up with an answer?In all fairness like

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

It's an international week, I assume he just wants to attend it himself.

LFCRebel likes this.
  16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A lad I know manages Ossett Town. This decision was given against them the weekend. Took me a few watches to figure out what was going on. How did the ref think this was a peno:)

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

That's not a peno but it's not a disgrace either. The ref should be positioned to the left of that, from his angle it could look like the blue lad has got his body out in front and the other lad has gone through him. Lino really should be helping out and giving a free the other way.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Cant agree Bob. No excuses on that one imo no matter what angle he has.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I've watched it a few more times and with each viewing the decision looks more incredible. That doesn't change the fact the first couple of times I seen it I wasn't sure what just happened. You said yourself it took couple of watches to figure out what happened, in real time I could easily see a ref giving a peno. Maybe without the intro from your mate it may have been clearer straight away.

babbsnads likes this.
  20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yeah,I was confused at first because my brain was telling me it was the team in yellow attacking and it was a stone wall peno.