This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Other people eating...

Jesus christ...

• Slurping tea or coffee, no fucking need
    • Scraping fucking yogurt cartons to get every last bit, jesus christ like, it's gone..
    • On yogurt, licking the yogurt from the inside of the top seal
    • Basic chewing with mouth wide open
    • Talking with mouth full of food
    • The scraping of the bowl to get every drop of the cereal milk... actually sounding like they wanna scrape the paint of the bowl..

Im sure there's more but that's what I could come up sitting with my neanderthal work mates...

Oh hang on,
    "Where did you go on holidays mick"?

"I went to Portugal, very hot, too hot!"

Fuck off mick, what the fuck were you expecting ya prick...

Ron1892 likes this.
  2. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Love the eating one. It drives me bloody nuts. I just want to slap the person around the back of the head and tell them to shut up.

3. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Totally agree on that last point. There's been some amount of people that spent a small fortune going on holidays this year only to come home and complain about the heat. Must be Unbearable relaxing by the pool outside your air conditioned apartment. It's not like you had to chop wood for 2 weeks.
    Next year try saving a few quid and stay at home.

liverirish, Stevie S and Gerry like this.
  4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

That be Mick alright! :)

5. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Post of the year colm well done

These type of people are similar to the ones who do the lotto but say ah I wouldn't like to win it as it's too much money for one person :-(

Give loads away then and help loads of people yous tools

Colm75 likes this.
  6. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah. That's another good one Gerry. Could add the lack of interest when the jackpot is a paltry €4 million but descends into a frenzy when it hits the €20 million mark. Wouldn't be turning my nose up at either if I'm honest.

7. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

These premium txt scams that bleed out your account and then the service provider says it’s not them ,you need to piss off to comreg who don’t give a shit either and tell you to email the company who scammed you who in turn won’t answer the phone or reply to the emails meanwhile dickhead here picks up the tab ....rant over

8. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Pricks thinking it's okay to set off flares left right and centre.

I remember the Boss night in town last year would have been catastrophic if it caught the drapes off the ceiling. A couple of pleasant singes onto head beside us at fan zone in Madrid and a lovely burn mark into top (thankfully not an expensive one) at outdoor boozer across from Wembley just gone.

Have a great time, smoke bombs, singing chants the lot but if I see one more flare about to be lit beside me again it's getting rammed up their hole.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Every year at this time the radio shows do the discussions and phone ins about the costs of sending kids back to school and it will be the same next year and the year after that and....you get the gist. Crested uniforms,I-Pads,the racket with the school books, "voluntary" contributions ,nobody is doing fuck all about it.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

:)

11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Joe Brolly.... i know he gave someone a kidney however he has long surpassed Dunphy as the most annoying sports pundit out there. On the wind up half the time!!

12. click22

click22
    Expand Collapse

separated Parents using children as weapons, up in the family court at the end of the month for a hopefully a fair arrangement regarding my little one.
    some of the stories from support groups from men (and women) is horrific.

13. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Grown men giving out about fifa player ratings!! It's a video game for feck sake!!

14. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I challenge you and give you grown men tweeting players on twitter saying why didn’t you score in that game as I’ve you as captain in my fantasty football.

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Does that really happen?? :D:D:D

I knew there was a reason I stay off twitter and facebook.

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Never knew you followed me on twitter mate?

stamullenredmen likes this.
  17. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah it does. Sterling scored a hat trick a couple of weeks ago, and the following week a lot of people “captained him” and put him in the team and he ONLY scored once and he was bombarded with messages. He responded well to them and had the banter. But come on it’s bloody fantasty.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'd respectfully suggest that you stay well away from Croker next week, if that kinda stuff gets under your skin mate ;)

https://www.joe.ie/gaming/games-dublin-2019-679205

19. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Those automatic passport control machines. I only ever had one successful attempt using them and think it was more down to good fortune than anything. Spent a good 15 minutes trying to get through Stansted the other morning and kept getting a seek assistance message,. Ended up roaring a string of obscenities at the machine only to realize that there was a line for people that are having trouble using them.

If using them ever becomes compulsory I'm done going to the game.

Stevie S and babbsnads like this.
  20. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Owners who can't control their dogs.
    Every time I see a mutt running wild off the lead, or being aggressive towards other dogs and people, the owner invariably talks to it like it's a child with learning difficulties... in a soft sad tone, interspersed with kissing sounds.... "Here Benji, *kiss kiss* here boy. That's not nice. That's not allowed. Here boy *kiss kiss* Benji, Benji, *kiss kiss* Benji"
    And of course the dog doesn't listen, so he doesn't come back or he doesn't stop barking or whatever.
    And it's all types of people who do it...young/old, male/female. I even passed a bodybuilder, with a little King Charles who wouldn't shut up barking at my dog, and he was at it to..."Poppy *kiss kiss* Poppy. It's ok Poppy *kiss kiss*. You can stop now Poppy"
    Just because it's the size of a cat, doesn't mean you treat it like one.
    I even had one yapping and barking, that bolted towards my kid and gave her a fright, and while the owner did say sorry (once) she was more concerned with talking gently and explaining to her little runt that he shouldn't do that because it's not nice.
    I honestly can't remember the last time I heard someone shout a command at their dog.
    Or even shout it's name.
    It's all this softly, softly bollox.
    Gets on my tits.
    As you may have guessed.

liver06, LFCRebel and babbsnads like this.