This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

90-100m transfer fee,signing on fees,agents fees and realistically you're going to have to make him your highest paid player which would inflate the wage bill even further when other players decide they're worth as much or at least more than they're currently getting,especially after they contributed to last season's success. I don't think we'd do it if he hadn't of acted very poorly to force a move and then flopped in his season in Spain. That he has done those things imo means Klopp wouldn't even consider it,I'm not even sure we could afford it this summer. I get the impression we'll take it handy this window and there will be a big one next summer.

2. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Sturridge a high earner off the books. Few mill in from Ings. Prize money etc etc. The point I'm making though is an attacking play maker, considering the Fekir situation is a position that's possibly still on the cards. Tie that in with having someone of high quality filling in for one of the front 3. We shouldn't forget each of them has and still is playing a lot of competitive football over the past year. I'm aware Coutinho was playing copa but hardly had a ball busting season with Barca as opposed to our front 3. The versatility of filling 2 x roles that are possibly on the transfer committees agenda means the numbers could actually make sense.

We know from last season how small our margin of error is going to have to be to win it. City wont stand still this summer and while I think you're right about us having a quiet one I dont think it wise we should.

That said delighted with origi signing on and look forward to more of Brewster.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I definitely see where you're coming from mate,I just think it's not even a remote possibility that it could happen. If we do get another attacker imo it wont be anything close to those kind of figures.

4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Absolutel pie in the sky no doubt. I just think the numbers, while big might actually not be in the grand scheme of things should they be looking to fill the 2 x positions in question.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I wouldn’t touch him even for cut price deal. Mane and Salah are far superior players as the marquee attackers. He could upset the balance in midfield. Fabinho, Henderson/Gini and one of Ox and Keita will be used a lot this season. Milner, Lallana and Shaq. Well stocked

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It would probably be close to a 200m pound investment when everything is taken into account and when you consider we became a more potent attacking force after he left,then theres a decent chance he's not a nailed on starter. When you're shelling out that kind of money,ther cant be any doubt the player makes your best 11 for every game and I'm not sure he would.

7. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking at the Old Trafford and Goodison melters last season as an example of what he could offer above all those from the midfield you mentioned. I know that's not enough to warrant a transfer of that size but I've never looked at him as a front 3 player. Not in Mane or Salahs league. Its the quality he brings through both ways that could potentially be the difference between winning it by a point or losing it. Nit picking the few games we dropped points and he just springs to mind.

8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This season Oxlade will just lash one in from 30 yards :cool:

Skintown Red and mushypea like this.
  9. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Rumours Coutinho has been offered to us. A two year loan with an option to buy at the end of it for £88m. Will divide opinion but if it’s true and we aren’t signing anyone else it’s an absolute no brainer for me. Bring him home.

10. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

88m?no thanks. I'd be all for taking him on a 2 year loan and then telling them they can keep him though :)

11. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

No thanks, think Barca would prefer an immediate sale and I would imagine plenty of suitors. For me its a step backwards but whatever Klopp decides I am happy with

12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wondering what loan fee is ??

13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Whatever the fee is could be taken off the amount Barca still owe us possibly?

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If that story was true( I doubt it is)then I wouldn't expect there to be a loan fee.

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily. I've no idea what their money situation is but it might be better for them to book a profit on him in two years time than to book a loss on him this summer.

16. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Would the club pay £88 million for him when he is 30?

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

What age he is when we pay the fee wouldn't really be an issue mate.He's 27 now so if we signed him this summer the value we'd be getting in terms of age would be no different to if we paid the fee now.

Niall likes this.
  18. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Should this move happen i hope we ride them bandy. Those Suarez transfer numbers still stick in my throat. All hearsay but if theres any truth in it that he wants us only if leaving and that the club are actually interested then we're in a position of strength.

19. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

From some reports its an option to buy after 2 years for 88 million. Seems far stretched... love him back mind you.

babbsnads and Niall like this.
  20. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

I'd take him back on the 2 year loan deal if that was on offer but no way would I pay big money for him.
    He's be very useful against the lesser teams who will sit back and allow us come at them but I don't think he makes our starting eleven in big Champions League games or games vs City, Spurs etc....

A big part of me has the feeling with Coutinho that you made your bed now lie in it.

In May 2017, Klopp advised Coutinho “Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour. Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more.”

Terry likes this.