This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Harsh Gary, harsh but fair. Live by the sword & all that.

2. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Ask him if he has any spares :)

redabbey and GaryMc like this.
  3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

People not wanting to win the fa cup

Colm75 likes this.
  4. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

The green party

5. liver06

liver06
    Expand Collapse

The green party canvassing,putting paper leaflets in doors:rolleyes:

Garrett likes this.
  6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The biggest problem the Green movement faces imo is this kind of attitude and I say that with all due respect because it's extremely common and I say it as somebody who's never voted green and should definitely be doing more on an individual level. The left are already held to much higher standards than the right and it goes up another few notches for anybody promoting the changes needed to combat climate change. The Green Party movement cant be successful without operating in the world as it is and the world as it is wouldn't allow them to have any real electoral success without leafletting. The people who voted for them or who turn up at protests arent all going to suddenly stop driving their cars or going on aeroplanes and it's no more hypocritical for everybody involved not to stick rigidly to every principle they claim to have than the rest of us because it's almost impossible not to be a hypocrite in this world,multiply the difficulty by 100 in politics. Peoples thinking on politics needs to get away from the situation where those with a social conscience are held to much higher standards than those without one or we're all fucked. That doesn't mean the Green Party shouldn't be criticised for using leaflets or election posters,but just that it should be put into the same perspective as any other political parties infringement on their stated principles.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

And by coincidence I log onto Twitter and one of the first tweets that pops up on my timeline is from media catholic David Quinn quoting Peter Casey's attack on Green Party members drinking from plastic bottles and calling it a la carte environmentalism. Now if David was to hold everybody to the same standards he'd be calling out Catholics who work on the sabbath or eat shellfish etc. as a la carte Catholics,or Peter Casey for wearing a tie that wasnt made in Ireland because that's the level of contradiction involved in an environmentalist using a plastic bottle, but his fucking stupid whataboutery will get him or people like him plenty of airtime on the media circuit to bring "balance" to the discussion.Then instead of concentrating on the important issues on climate change,environmentalists will be sitting there defending minor points from people like him. That grinds my fucking gears.

8. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Terrible idea

Colm75 likes this.
  9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Supporters throwing their beer into the air when England score a goal. Waste of good beer and money, getting covered in alcohol, grown men, the mind boggles.

10. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It's not just England games. It seems to be par for the course at Boss gigs as well. Don't get it myself although I don't drink and the thought of one landing on my head isn't all that appealing.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'll never understand the mentality of people who dedicate huge amounts of their time attacking/defending something without ever taking the time to educate themselves on that issue.

12. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

This inspired me to look up why it's called poxy People's Sunday... it's only People's Sunday when there actually is some tennis as it's not just snobs who get the tickets. It's a free for all, a bit like a Liverpool match with no credits.

babbsnads likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad I inspired you mate but I'd like to clarify I wasnt talking about you or anybody who's annoyed by the odd random thing without investigating the details of it,I do that a fair bit myself:)

14. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Ah yeah I know. My particular bug bear with this one is it's generally a slow Sunday for other sport that I'd be interested in. Anyway, til next year

babbsnads likes this.
  15. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Actually while I'm at it I don't like the way they split men's and women's matches from QF on. Planning on WFH Tuesday (I know) and there will only be women losing their serve every 2 minutes...

16. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

My kids shouting “stopppppppp” at each other and the way they say “okayyyyyyyyy” to me...nearly rips me over the edge!

babbsnads likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Our little one is only 7 months and I was complaining about the hassle of it all to a veteran of 3 kids in their teens and he told me I was actually in a golden era where they can't talk yet and once that's over the sh*t really starts! God save me!

18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I’ve a 9, 7 and 5 yr old and the bickering and teasing is non-stop...’he’s looking at me’, ‘she’s touching my sit’ etc etc.

Our first one was an awful sleeper and I had told myself all would be alright once we got a consistent full night’s sleep...nope just turns into something else!

Stevie S likes this.
  19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I've two 11 year olds and as they get older they just keep discovering more things that annoy them about each other. The lads in work tell me they'd deal with 4 teenage boys easier than 1 teenage girl which is great news considering I have 2 girls. What I have going for me is I don't take their moods personal as opposed to the missus who takes great offence. I'm more worried about how she'll take their hate their parents phase than I am about them hating me, but nowhere near as worried about the rest of the teenage shit.

Beanokelly, Stevie S and Skintown Red like this.
  20. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Ok....hands up who's ever looked at their (or others) teens and wondered quietly to themselves....

"Jesus, was that what I was like as a teen?!?.....and why didnt my parents smother me in my sleep?"