This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool V Wolves 12th May-Miracle no 2?

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by LFCRebel, May 10, 2019.

1. EireOg191

EireOg191
    Expand Collapse

Did our part and got the three points was all you could ask for today. Obviously proud of what we have produced this year but gutted to fall just short. We have improved every year under Klopp so hopefully next year we can do the same. Klopp needs to be ruthless in the summer and improve the squad. Good few players who have been good servants but need to be moved on to improve the squad depth with more quality to push on again next year. I have every faith in Klopp to do this.

2. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Just back in the door from the game. What can you say except absolutely incredible performance from all the lads. Obviously the players where suffering from the effort required on Tuesday and over the last few weeks and despite that and despite the news filtering through about City easily dispatching Brighton the lads still managed to pull off the win against a Wolves side playing out of their skin. Onward to Madrid and number 6

3. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Big time. Lallana,Sturridge and Lovren all need to be shown the door. I'd keep Origi but i'd say it's nailed on that the boss will bring in another top striker so i can't see him wanting to stay and playing a bench role.

4. Wayne77

Wayne77
    Expand Collapse

Add Moreno and Mignolet to that list, we have Ox returning and Gomez also.

5. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Astounding league season by the team.. a tragedy that they haven't won it...2 top scorers, best keeper, best defence, 1 defeat, 97 points, it's a fcuking tradgedy:( remember, Leicester won it on 81!
    I Could never give city any credit for anything they do, I wish the pundits would call them what they are,, a completely manufactured monopoly team from oil money!:rolleyes:

We need to get rid of a few deadwood players, get in a few top quality replacements..
    Who they are is up to klopp. IMO I'd like to see zaha & de ligt ...after that D.Rice? backup striker-cavani/arnoutovic?!)
    Any chance we could go all out & get mbappe!!???!...
    Anyhow, just hope the club don't rest on their laurels & not bring in a few players as has been mooted in the last few weeks..

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully signings come in that improve first team but I wouldn't go near Cavani or Arnoutovic and don't believe Klopp would either.

7. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Any chance we could turn hazards head??!

8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Ahm no.

9. puglerdaly

puglerdaly
    Expand Collapse

Not to be but huge positives to be taken from season. There’s not a top player out there that can’t be tempted by what’s going on at Anfield - consecutive CL Finals and a manager they all want to play for. Out - Moreno, Sturridge, Lalana, Lovren ( if we get deligt ), Origi ( still not convinced ). Ox like a new signing. Top Striker needed to push our Starting 3. (Though would love to see Wilson and Brewster given their chance) Onwards and upwards.......,

10. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

On that i see a few sections of the barca press claiming de ligt head has been turned by and da prospect of playing wit VVD , i hope vvd and Gini are hounding him if that what it takes to get him here im all for that.

11. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Chuffed i never asked him what he thinks about spurs in Madrid!!

12. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Ox has been injury prone his whole career, gets form-gets injured, repeat etc. so he's a squad player at best. We've had enough sicknotes! I do wonder wonder would it be worth taking a punt on Maddison..

Anyhow, we're in our strongest position in years to attract top players, so I hope we take full advantage of it & improve the team with a few quality signings...

13. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Money of course has to be spent wisely as we aren't City, Chelsea or United but the problem is other clubs don't need to sell in the premiership to make ends meet. Take Palace for instance, i think Zaha would fit into Klopp's mindset perfectly but they don't need to sell him so it would take massive money. Much rather we went about our business akin to the Fabinho deal and get our targets early from other leagues.

14. God

God
    Expand Collapse

A few names above should be shipped out but we were lucky enough with injuries this year. I'd keep Lovern and Lalana.

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Wont have any issue with anybody Klopp keeps or anybody we don't keep for that matter. He has it well sussed.

vodkacolly likes this.
  16. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Agree 100% Babbs.

But we need a bit of a gossip to keep us going over the summer!!

17. God

God
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. I wouldn't have seen what Robertson was capable of when he was with Hull. That's why he's doing what he's doing and I'm doing what I'm doing! No real flops so far once they learn his program.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Nonsense he hasn't a clue, I've already heard that we didn't win the league because we didn't sign Fekir!

Just is just pure speculation as I think the price is too high but do you think we'd listen to offers on Keita?

19. God

God
    Expand Collapse

He was looking good and something different near the end of the season. Hold on to him. Unless it's a swap for Mbappe!

20. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't dream of letting Naby go and I dont think JK will either.

He had a season hampered by injuries but showed glimpses of what he can do. Given a run, he can be a crucial player next season and I expect him to chip in with goals too.

Niall likes this.