This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Accommodation and things to do advice

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DalglishGold, Jan 29, 2018.

1. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

It was for a rugby match, and I booked it before the date of the match that weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) was confirmed. So between flights in and out undecided, and how many people would be traveling undecided, I booked 3 to cover enough nights and enough rooms. Their T's & C's for cancellation wasn't visible on the booking page. They claimed after, that it should have updated for the second and third booking policies visible after I had made the first booking, but it didn't. I did use multiple tabs, so I'm not sure if that played a part.

I have used them before with no problems, so I was happy to use them again, but they caught me this time. So be careful, as they like keeping your money!

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

One thing I myself is use booking.com and if it's overnight stay I book rooms way in advance on all possible dates with free cancellation

Then cancel the ones I don't need.

Genius discount is also handy on booking.com once you use it for a while

Pfoley likes this.
  3. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Any one every stayed in the PodZzz on Parr St? If so what’s it like.

4. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

Room is basically just a bed with a TV. It’s a shared bathroom too,as far as I remember. Can get a bit loud because there are niteclubs beside it. On the plus side, the location is great,the staff were good and it’s clean. Grand spot if you can get it cheap and only need a few hours kip

diceyreilly likes this.
  5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Just had my hotel booking cancelled in Liverpool on Tuesday night for the Barcelona game, apparently the hotel is closed for "personal reasons".
    Probably has nothing to do with me paying 50quid for the night, and it's been resold at multiples of that price. 45mins on the phone with hotels.com to try get a resolution and they offered nothing other than please wait for 72 business hours and we'll get back to you.

So if anyone is staying with Granite House Liverpool, you're booking may have been cancelled so I'd just reconfirm with them if you can.

PureKlaas likes this.
  6. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

Should be dropped by the leading online sites if that’s their behaviour...no doubt they are cashing in on the night that it is.

7. Daz

Daz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I had booked something with them a few months ago and then got a mail from booking.com basically saying they were bogeys and were taking money from peoples acccounts

elvis likes this.
  8. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully I get something sorted so, better I found out now than when I arrived in Liverpool.

9. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I had the exact same with May's House for Sunday night after the Wolves game. I had booked 2 rooms for £35 each. I booked with booking.com. They said there was a problem with the card (I knew there wasn't), and I contacted the bank who said there had been an attempted charge of €0 by booking.com and it had gone through successfully. Booking.com said to contact the hotel themselves, who didn't reply, and after a few attempts said it was a problem with the card again.

Very poor. Especially when booked with booking.com!

But it eases my pain when you had the same situation @elvis! ;)

10. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

So an update on this, after 16 emails and over 4 hours on the phone in total, I got a replacement hotel and hotels.com covered the difference in price.

PureKlaas likes this.
  11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Is it a better hotel than what you started with?

12. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Thats good to hear its disgraceful these places get away with it, youd like to think hotels.com will chase this up strongly and not just take the hit and say its a rarity the more they get away with the more itll happen. If fingers crossed we get to Madrid no doubt itll happen there too for atleast someone who has booked months in the hope we got there.

13. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I hope they do follow up with it, I'm going to go and check the place when I'm over there and if they aren't closed I'll take a photo/video and pass it on to hotels.com as evidence.

It's actually a much nicer place, so worked out quite well. But it was awfully stressful having to get it sorted, as each day went past another hotel got booked out.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  14. Daz

Daz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Be in Liverpool for 8am sunday morning - anyone any idea of something to do with kids that early.? the cinema won't even be open

15. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

McDonalds and get some breakfast, it's 24hours, and they have some tables with the iPads on them could keep them entertained for an hour or two. Gets you to 10am when you've got more chance of finding other things to do with them.

Daz likes this.