This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ryanair’s “Always Getting Better” programme.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dub13, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

The cabin baggage changes which were to come into effect at the beginning of November were postponed until January so the current rules still apply:
    • One small bag e.g. handbag, laptop bag etc. not exceeding 35cm x 20cm x 20cm
    • One cabin bag, not exceeding 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size and 10kg in weight
    Due to cabin space limitations only 90 large cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any bags remaining will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

Passengers who have purchased Priority Boarding will not be asked to place their cabin bag in the aircraft hold, unless necessary due to operational reasons.

2. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate sound

3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Great to see the Unions getting a foothold with Ryanair, I never thought I would see the day.

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Don't think any of us did, I certainly didn't.

... what happens next could make things very interesting, as I can see public sentiment (ironically) quickly turning in favour of Ryanair if the unions don't call of the strike now that the offer has been made to meet before Wednesday.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yes the Unions certainly seized their opportunity, it was a play right out of the Michael O'Leary book in striking while the company was under a lot of pressure over the rostering fiasco so hopefully he'll appreciate the irony of it all. Going to be interesting to see how far they're going to have to bend, all change on the horizon possibly, personally I hope we don't see a massive increase in air fares on the back of this.

6. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It'll be interesting to see how people feel if costs of air fares rise viz-a-viz union recognition. Maybe the won't but I'll leave the argument with the economists.

7. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about fares but Southwestern in the States are the same kind of model and are highly unionised. Be interesting to see what comes out of talks tomorrow and also if the cabin crew and ground crew push for recognition now too.

8. liver06

liver06
    Expand Collapse

Regarding checking in online,am i better off waiting to check in until the last minute to get seats together,or is it just pot luck?

77kop05 likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Put luck really. Depends if there is an Unallocated seats. Few times I did it I got the emergency exit seats or front row as obviously no one paid for them.

10. dublin6

dublin6
    Expand Collapse

I also made the experience that this is pure luck. If our seat or not together we only board as the really latest and try to find some empty seats next to each other... As other guys are probably sitting on our booked seats then anyway already since they wanted to seat together. So it's really a big mess. Hard to understand that stupid approach from the airline.

11. liver06

liver06
    Expand Collapse

Thats what i was thinking,thanks

12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems a bit crazy that all Ryanair's Knock to Liverpool flights on Saturday's in August, September and October depart at 15:40. November onwards the flight is at 09:25.

Stevie S likes this.
  13. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

For the football yes.
    Isn't there a lot more routes from Knock up until November or something.
    Could be wrong but I think I read 14 new destinations

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I have no idea. Was only thinking football wise.

15. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

How big is Knock airport..? Many flights

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

For an airport that is not situated near any city it is a surprisingly busy particularly in Summer with added charter flights. There are no aircraft based at the airport.

The problem with using the airport is that you have to be a lot more flexible with your time compared with using an airport with multiple flights per day to the same destination.

http://irelandwestairport.com/flight_information/destination

Dub13 likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We're supposed to be travelling to England tomorrow to visit her mother but we're due back Thursday, the day of the strike. Ryanair won't have any information on whether we're likely to be able to fly Thursday until after we leave. Hotel is non refundable and the kids won't get on the boat. I'm saying we just go and they'll get us a flight back Friday as the the cost of rescheduling will be more than the extra nights in the hotel but the missus is flapping about something we're supposed to attend on Saturday.Im confident enough we won't be delayed beyond Friday,anybody disagree?

18. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Put the foot down and tell them your the boss and they must obey your direction to go :)

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Oh we're going,I was looking for reassurance for myself as I really don't want to live in a world where my missus is right:)

20. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Sure what's the worst case scenario Mick an extra day