This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by moejoe54, May 14, 2018.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Not right Bobby, Madrid players the only ones to console him!

honald_tdb likes this.
  2. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes you need a couple of minutes to compose yourself. The lads have just lost the biggest game of their career. Compose yourself and then see to your mate who caused the loss.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  3. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Howlers aside we were good enough to win.we came right back into it at 2-1. Our defence played really well i thought . I cant think of any of our outfield players that id say didnt play well. Lallana is not mo and lacked match practice, everyone else did well.
    Bar Karius .

4. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Anyway dust ourselves down and we go again..

Stephen Chawke likes this.
  5. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Hamman very harsh on us. Madrid bossed it for 70 mins. Incorrect .
    Brady pulled him on it fair play.

NoName7 likes this.
  6. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

He's a bitter fecker.

7. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Big shop needed in the summer.

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If we had lost 1-0 to that Bale bicycle kick, I might not feel so upset right now. Two shocking goalkeeping errors but history usually means the player will get another chance from Jurgen Klopp.

Sergei Ramos is a genius. Chopper Harris or Norman Hunter in the past would have never been able to master his dark arts.

Credit also to Madrid for keeping Bobby Firminio out of the match. We go again.

Most likely Pot 3 again next season in the draw for the Champions League so we might not have to wait to long for an early revenge.

9. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Ive just seen a clip on twitter of ramos plant a deliberate elbow on to Karius. Filth.

Check out @TheMasterBucks’s Tweet:

Philip Mulhern likes this.
  10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Gutted but we certainly gave them a game

We are down to bare bones and then lose our best player. No bench and our 2 subs not match fit. And yet it takes 2 gifts and a wonder goal for what is rated as one of the best teams in history to beat us.

Back 4 were immense esp Lovren and Virgil. VVD is now one of the best CBs in europe.

Throw in keita, possibly fekir, a keeper, brewster, woodburn to kick on and the likes of ox back = a bright future.

I'm gutted but not devastated. We can compete at the highest level and I cannot feckin wait for next season. Give klopp the money and I know better days are ahead folks.

YNWA.

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Gutted as well .

YNWA

12. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

What about Milan in 2007?

13. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

If and but..

14. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

A bench is needed

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

16. Brendinho

Brendinho
    Expand Collapse

That was hard to watch

Ramos knew what he was doing, horrible horrible player. You'd have him in your team though.

Bale worldie, then announces he's off.

Ronaldo invisible. Benzema, how we enable a lazy player to shine :(

Our back 4 were mostly good. Wouldn't fault them tbh. Midfield, can't remember seeing them, wtf? Bobby was stifled. You'd do that of you were playing against him, he's immense. Mane, did his best but missed Mo, as you would.
    I feel for Karius, I really do. He was there to get us to the final after all. Both goals, unforgivable though, really.

Pep would've lost that game. So would Spurs, Bayern, PSG... Madrid knew how to win and win dirty if they need it.

Be grand, go again soon. Keita will be immense, we'll get the 3 or 4 that we need.

NoName7 likes this.
  17. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Salah going off to be replaced by Lallana set the tone. No offence to the player but it was like replacing an electric drill with a rusty screwdriver.
    They replaced Isco with Bale ffs...because they wanted to not because they had to.
    It was to be Madrids night.

#217 vodkacolly, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  18. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Lallana is a good player, nothing wrong with him as a replacement at all just found it a bit mad as any time he's got injured (which is often) he takes 6-7 matches to get up too speed and he's only had 1-2. Would have had Solanke on personally but the owners really need to back the manager no more of this half hearted crap. 5 million net spend since Klopp came in tells it's own story.

DalglishGold likes this.
  19. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Have to feel for Karius on a human level. We need a top keeper though. Very important bit of business needed there in the summer. Van Dijk, Lovren and Mane were class. Disappointing now but if Fsg back Klopp and we sign a top keeper , another midfielder and someone to compete with the front three we'll be back stronger than ever

honald_tdb likes this.
  20. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I'll be honest Bren, I think City would have turned them over.

I think City are the best team that we played this season (in the EPL or CL) and I honestly believe that City would have won the CL if they hadn't drawn us!! We are the one side that they didn't want to meet.

I agree re Ramos but he is their pantomime villain. He's spanish so gets all the plaudits and he courts the Madrid press. Varane is their star at the back. He's a rolls royce defender and reminds me of Hansen in his prime. No surprise that they put him on Bobby who hardly had a kick. Imagine him and VVD together!

I acknowledge a great Madrid team. I love players like Kroos, Modric and Isco (who I thought was their best player but ZZ couldnt hook Ronaldo or Benzema and then put on Bale :mad:). But there is an old saying about your name being on a trophy and I think that this is the case this year. That is absolutely no disrespect to them and I applaud a fabulous achievement of 3 in a row. It is incredible and let no-one deny them great praise - you can't be lucky that often!!

But we have to take heart from tonight, re-assemble and build. If we want to be back there again, we need to have first team starters better than Lovren (who was superb tonight but too inconsistent), Gini, Milner (it pains me to say that), Lallana, perhaps Hendo (pain again!!) and we need, clearly a keeper. Those aforementioned players will make a good bench and the likes of Keita and Fekir have my hopes raised high. We have to thank some old faces and raise the bar and bring in new ones. We are at the top table now and need to behave accordingly.

We don't have a De Bruyne but I think that this manager may have signed the new Kante in Keita and Fekir (if he comes) will be the new Phil. I'd love Koulibaly and Jorginho from Napoli and a new manager there might see them leave but perhaps not to us.

Tonight is still raw and difficult but I know that tomorrow I will look forward to the summer, the World Cup and hopefully a couple of tickets to bring my boy to Anfield next season!!!

NoName7 and honald_tdb like this.