This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. The Kopite

The Kopite
    Expand Collapse

I find this whole Luan thing very strange for a number of reasons;

Klopp has consistently talked about how we don't need a big squad this season, getting rid of Benteke and Ibe and looking to offload Balotelli and Markovic. Added to that he has Ings playing in the Under 23's and we still have Ojo to return. That is of course combined to our current attacking options available.

This pops up two days before the window closes, the same window where we were determined to get business done early!

Then there's the fee... 35 million for a lad most of us have never heard of. We all thought we paid over the odds for Mane but that was solely down to the fact that he was Klopp's number 1 target. With his exception (and Mkhitaryan at Dortmund) it's not the shop Klopp usually buys at.

Our short comings are clearly in other area's of the pitch. If we did have 35 mil to throw at a last ditch signing I would imagine that it wouldn't be a forward.

Leicester have been in talks over the player and have so far failed to reach an agreement with either the player or Gremio. This late in the window feels like the club/agent trying to scare Leicester into making a move.

Ultimately I would be very surprised if anything ever came of this.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

You're that entrenched in your view that somebody has to be held accountable for the players on this "list" not being signed that you've argued to the point that you cant give an extremely obvious answer to a very simple question. Should the club sign a player Klopp for whatever reason has decided not to go ahead with?The answer is no,of course they shouldn't but you can't say that because it then opens the door to some logical explanations as to why there might not be anything to blame anybody for.Just because a manager has targets it doesn't mean there has to be blame apportioned for it not happening,there could be a million reasons why it might not.And just because journalists with good reputations report something it doesn't automatically mean it's 100% accurate,show me one journalist who's right all the time?

Everything whether it's players we're linked with not being signed or journalists "lists" need to be taken on their own merits.There's far too many hypotheticals involved at the moment to be blaming anybody for a transfer window that lets not forget,Klopp has said he's very happy with.Does that mean that Klopp definitely got every player he wanted us to push for,of course it doesn't because I don't know but either do you and creating hypothetical theories that only seem to suit your overall agenda is not a credible way to argue a point,especially when a lot of the things we do know don't support it.You're not on your own though pal,there's been a large amount of people tying themselves in knots trying to avoid very obvious conclusions that don't match their initial opinions.Please take this post in its correct context mate and don't pick out passages out of context to go off on mad tangents.

3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

5. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Of course somebody has the held accountable for this, the reason why is this is not a old debate we're having as a matter in some ways this is more or less the same debate people were having about transfers during BR's time here the only difference is Klopp's name has been added to the sentence. I'm not trying avoid blaming Klopp either as has already shown in a few of our matches since he's arrival he's not perfect. Somebody somewhere has failed to do their job wether it be Klopp, the transfer commitee or the journo's, i accept what your saying that certain variables may have changed within the transfer from the point of it being reported to it reaching its conculsion, but for it to happen to one is acceptable but it happened on at least 3 deals this summer alone. If your happy that acceptable thats solely your choice im personally not happy with that as there are people within the club paid big bucks to make these deals happen yet they did'nt.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

So if Klopp decides not to press ahead with a deal for whatever reason,should the club press ahead anyway because the player was on that list?

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I would not read to much into the use of Danny Ings at the moment, he was only used once for the U23, squad.

8. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

No but its nots as simple that there's still questions to ask.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Well the answer to that question is as simple as that mate.

So I'm assuming you don't want Klopp held accountable for any of his decisions in this window,at least not until we have a chance to see whether those decisions have worked out or not which will be a while but you're 100% adamant that somebody needs to be held accountable for not fulfilling a list printed in a newspaper.Even though we can't say for certain we definitely wanted all those players and it may have been Klopps decision to not press ahead with any or all of the ones we may have wanted?You can see where I'm having trouble here flies.

10. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Yes i can see where your having, understanding why is a seperate issue.

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

12. The Kopite

The Kopite
    Expand Collapse

In the long term I think Ings has a role to play in the first team, but I was just using the example in terms of the context, we're not exactly crying out for attacking players.

13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think it's just his agent trying to get his player a transfer or a pay rise ?

14. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Hey there is enough of big Sami to go around!!

Kind of reminds me of the difference between weeman and blokes. 2 weeman show up wearing the same top on a night out...daggers thrown, night over, friendship over etc...2 blokes turn up with the same shirt...best buds all night, drinks all round, best night ever!!

The Kopite likes this.
  15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wisdom going to Salzburg on loan

JamesPearceEcho

No chance of Danny Ings leaving #LFC prior to Wednesday's deadline. Very much part of Klopp's plans this season

Dom King says we rejected a loan offer for Danny Ings from Sunderland and won't entertain any bids, whether they be for a permanent or loan deal, as Klopp considers him an important part of the squad.;)

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with that deal, hope it sits well with the lads who are not happy with more transfer money coming in than going out?

I know you probably did not mean it, but your post came across as hinting that Danny Ings had been banished to the U23 squad. I am sure his fitness is been monitored daily at Melwood. I'd like him to get his chance in a squad soon but I also trust the judgement of the manager. Maybe a start against Derby in the League Cup?

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Speaking only for myself here Lionel....

I'm happy with that deal because it's moving a player out who wasn't good enough, at what appears a satisfactory price. However, I'm not happy to see more money being generated from player sales, which won't be reinvested in the playing squad this summer - despite it being obvious that we could still benefit from a stronger squad. Obviously, I'm assuming we don't buy any more players before the cut off later this week.

flies likes this.
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Explained it as best I can mate.

Out of curiosity who were the players on the list and who were the journalists who said we were definitely in for them?Chilwell aside I can't think of anybody who I'd take as gospel we were in for.

19. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

From what I can remember Gotze, Dahoud and chilwell were all heavily linked and "confident" of signing according to pearce, King etc etc.

20. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you sure that Pierce or King had all those players on a list or tweeted about them? Alex Millar did but I have had lots of doubts about his credibility for some time.