This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sitting with the home fans at an away game

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by RMG, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RMG

RMG
    Expand Collapse

Anyone ever done this?

I used to do it at goodison when I was younger, the derbies weren't that bad about 10 years ago. Was sitting in the Main Stand for the Palace game last season and a Palace fan was in front of me, even cheered when they scored.

I think away games will be very hard to get spares for this season, I know we haven't got any games in Europe this season but have to remember these games only being £30 means it's cheaper to watch us away than at home.

Would rather be in the away end of course but can you still enjoy the game in the home end?

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Each to their own but I would never do it.

GaryMc and Colm75 like this.
  3. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

I'd never do it either

4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Did it for the league cup final in 2012 but that was the only time, had a ticket for the home section in the San giro in 2008 but got in to the away end with it.

5. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Unlikely to do it in a hurry again. Depends on the game for me.I did it for the 3-3 Palace game but that was more for what the aftermath of the game may have meant

It's pointless in lots of respects during the match as you basically have to sit in silence and not react in any way to anything

6. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd rather watch it in a pub that sit with the home fans

No sympathy for anyone that does it and gets abuse

GaryMc likes this.
  7. ianmahony1977

ianmahony1977
    Expand Collapse

Really not worth it, takes all the enjoyment out of going the game

8. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

One of the lads at work Liverpool fan was in with the home fans on Sunday with his young lad and had to sit on his hands for the whole game.
    Where's the enjoyment in that?
    Wouldn't even contemplate it.

9. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

....also realised that I would not even be able to sit on my hands from being at the LFC U21 match against Sligo Rovers last February at the Showgrounds. Of course no hassle that night with me celebrating an LFC goal, but I'd always want to do the same at any ground, and I think I'd give myself away very easily.

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Done it at old trafford as was stung for tickets..4-1 won anway was cheering everytime scored

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Everyone to their own I say.If somebody feels they can enjoy just watching the game without getting themselves into any bother,why not?My mates an Arsenal fan,been to the Arsenal fixture at Anfield with me 3 times,never been any hassle and we've always had a good day(although the 5-1 game was a kick in the bollocks for him:))Would we do it the other way around? No,we're different personalities but some people can do it.

Chambers likes this.
  12. 77kop05

77kop05
    Expand Collapse

Did it for the 2006 cup final and 2012 fa cup final, this years Milk cup final and Old Trafford last season.Only Bentenke's goal was the cause of almost needing ambulance assistance. Tis great craic lads.

13. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Have done it twice at Old Toilet Bowl (Lost Twice) & Woodison (3-3) always enjoy games as a viewing point of view.

14. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

I get in bother singing and cheering in the local I couldn't sit still for 90 minutes

15. Coolfran

Coolfran
    Expand Collapse

Did it at Goodison when we won 2-0 in 2009-10 (?). Never again. I'd rather pay to watch it in the pub

16. RMG

RMG
    Expand Collapse

Heard of a few people doing it a lot more recently as they don't want to miss the match.

I agree with what you're all saying though, think it's much harder to do at say Everton, United or Chelsea.

17. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Don't think I'd do it tbh. Wouldn't enjoy not being able to express my emotion. It's a bit sad really that opposition fans can't mix whatsoever in club football. Works fine at a lot of international games, and of course in GAA. That said, I wouldn't be long telling a Manc where to go if they were in the home section in Anfield! :)

18. DaveyC

DaveyC
    Expand Collapse

Did it at the Luton fa cup tie back in 2006 . Mate of mine(a red aswell) was working over there managed to get us tickets in the home end. Wouldn't do it again couldn't celebrate goals and was there was a lot of hard-core looking Luton fans around so was a bit nervous during the game. Wouldn't do it again obviously.

19. liver06

liver06
    Expand Collapse

Did it few years ago for 2 chelsea matches in the old toilet and cardiff,never again,one word,VERMIN

20. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

A mate of a mate done it at Chelsea a few years back and ended up being launched out when he complained that a local threatened him after clocking him, as Gerry has said no sympathy for anyone that does, they aren't gonna throw out a whole section over one or two people. The nearest I've got to it is going to Villa park with a mate that follows United for Villa United and being in the home end. My mate was ok but a lad in the next block was launched out for celebrating a United goal. I wouldn't manage it myself I couldn't stay quiet enough